Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@tinyhydra it's "stakes," you got it right in your original post.

2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I typed, erased, and retyped "steaks" like five times before I remembered there was any other way to spell it.

• Like x 1
  4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

read a thing on tumblr, bout how Jasper didn't know abotu Steven, but Peridot knew that he'd fixed her gem. Any thinky thoughts on that?

5. swirlingflight

Peridot did the actual info-gathering/interrogation of Lapis, while Jasper did... something else.

• Like x 2
  6. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Some of them do. I was a very frilly little girl despite my sporty mother's best efforts, and had absolute hissy fits when her cutting my hair, making me wear pants, etc, resulted in my being misgendered. As early as 3 or 4 I was quite adamant that as a GIRL I should be permitted to have long hair and ribbons and frilly dresses and wear dresses to school.

And there are a fair number of kids who are expressing that their assigned gender is wrong wrong wrong or even expressing the desire to transition at very early ages, so they must be getting that somewhere.

There are also a lot of people who report being vaguely aware of same-sex attraction in early childhood. Certainly not everyone is but I know my parents were terrified I was going to be a lesbian (half right!) because I had squishcrushes on other girls (not sexual really because I wasn't yet). IDK, I know at least one gay dude who was never ever in any doubt that he was going to grow up liking boys.

I think it depends on the individual, and how aware they are of these things...and sadly how aware society forces the individual to be of whether or not they conform properly. Hormone levels and other things probably play into that too.

I don't get a strong sense of GENDER IDENTITY (tm) from Steven. But Steven has also been allowed to grow up around people who don't really care about that and if Steven suddenly decided he wanted to wear frilly dresses ALL THE TIME I think the worst thing that would happen would be Garnet reminding him (or them) that it's not necessarily the best choice for situations you might have to fight in, Kamikaze Girls notwithstanding.

• Like x 2
  7. cleverThylacine

• Like x 1
  8. cleverThylacine

They are. I freaking love that song though. Also...I was kind of freaked out to realise how much I identified with Sadie at the end there even though in terms of personal style my mother and I are the reverse of Sadie's mother and her. Starting to think that some of the reason I've had a hard time finding my way in life is refusal to perform for her. Which is sad given that it's been over 20 years since I actually saw the woman.

9. cleverThylacine

Don't even get me started on Pearl as a "crystal gem". I am a pearl freak, I collect them. They are not rocks.

Hilariously, having Pearl be the flat one is just so ...hilarious. Pearls are not always round but they ARE layers of nacre deposited around various things that irritate the critters that make them. They aren't ever sharp.

10. cleverThylacine

hahah. If I was going to say my body type was similar to that of any gem it would be Rose, except that compared to Rose I am super super short.

11. cleverThylacine

The whole time I was watching that I was thinking, "sooo...how old is Peridot actually supposed to be? This is not an adult. This cannot be an adult."

And now I love her.

• Like x 3
  12. cleverThylacine

I agree with every bit of this oh yeah. Peridot is so adorably rude.

13. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

OMG PERIDOTTTTTTT <3

• Like x 2
  14. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

• Like x 10
    • Like x 5
  15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I got Connie!

"You’re sweet and bookish, there’s no doubt about that. But you’re also unbelievably brave and determined to stand up those around you. You would put your life on the line to protect the friends and family you care about, and you constantly strive to be a hero for the most noble and unselfish reasons."

...Sounds about right, actually.

• Like x 2
  16. swirlingflight

I got Garnet too. :3

17. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

I got Pearl.

"Without fail, you’re often the voice of reason in your group. Though you tend to prioritize safety and being cautious, you have your own special way of being strong to look out for those around you. You might not always realize it, but you’re also an incredibly intelligent and multifaceted person who a lot of people look up to."

I'd usually say I'm nothing like Pearl, but that description isn't too inaccurate.

18. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I got Greg!!
    "Sure, you’re fun and goofy, but what people often don’t realize is you’re an incredibly passionate individual. You go to tremendous lengths to help out those you care about, and you’re incredibly loyal to your friends and family. Even when you’re not sure of yourself, you still push forward for the sake of those around you."

This is really accurate for such a short quiz, wow.
    But, yes, good, I'm happy with being Greg. I'M THE DEADBEAT ROCK 'N ROLL DAD let me hug u all

• Like x 1
  19. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

I got Steven!
    "You’re bright, eager, and always determined to do the right thing. Though people might not realize it at first, you’re incredibly brave and unwaveringly courageous, even if the face of enemies much larger than yourself. You’re also endearingly honest and loyal to everyone around you."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice