Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

I actually do stage combat as part of my job, and several of her moves are recognized combos we do because we know they look good! That said, she clearly likes the aesthetics of swordfighting but she's still, like @Mercury said, very serious.

• Like x 3
  3. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

oh god my reading comprehension is low and that gave me the mental image of the entire town of beach city defeating the homeworld gems by twerking at them all at once

• Like x 5
  4. liminal

an entire city. synchronized twerking

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    • Like x 6
  5. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Ok I know this has been done to death and I 100% love Pearl! I don't think she's evil or a bad person or unforgivable or whatever! But I think she and Amethyst are about the same on the "fucked up people trying to mom" scale and people pitting them against each other or really saying one has fucked up more than the other is starting to get on my neeerrrves. I mean I will admit I like Ame more, because while Pearl is the type of character I love Amethyst is the type I fall heads over heels for, but they are both fantastic characters and I am so. Tired. Of people portraying one as worse than the other
    EDIT: I will admit that this is primarily me being salty about Loreweaver. Like, Ame lost 7 parent points for On The Run while Pearl only lost 3 for Space Race and that makes zero sense to me. I know it's probably a stupid and petty thing to get worked up over but it's the type of thing that sticks in my mind if I don't vent.

• Like x 9
  6. liminal

• Like x 4
  7. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Okay, who is Loreweaver and why do so many people care about their opinions?

• Like x 2
  8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@tinyhydra loreweaver-universe.tumblr.com is a popular steven universe liveblogger, who is watching one episode a day and for the first time ever, without spoilers (well, sorta. people have spoiled things for him, that's happened but he really doesn't want them to. he likes figuring out the plot and worldbuilding and predicting by himself).

now the second part, why do we care about his opinions?
    well, lore often has interesting and original insights and predictions and whatnot about su, which along with his jokes and stuff, makes his liveblogs really good and fascinating. like, they aren't perfect, he's sometimes biased, and sometimes they make it obvious that he hasn't seen the whole show thus far, they generally pretty great, sometimes more than pretty great.
    and i dunno, it's hard to explain but like, i do end up wondering, "what'll lore think of the next ep he's gonna watch, the ep that just aired or some other ep he hasn't seen yet? will he react the way i expect him to? what he'll see that i've missed? will he like or hate it as much as i expect him to?"
    i get invested in the journey, in seeing what he thinks, and if i know him as well as i think i do.
    and well, when the liveblog hits something from the show that i really care about, it's kinda natural that i end up having feelings about lore's assessment of the thing, whether it's a positive one or a negative one.
    also, reading other people's thoughts and seeing what i think of them and whatnot, i think, helps me clarify my own.
    so yeah... i just gave you a pretty long answer to that last question, i think.

• Like x 1
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Hmm, I guess the fact that I've only seen him referenced by people who aren't super keen on his think thoughts recently kinda gave the wrong impression. Or maybe I' just being a baby over peeps being mad. Or "mad". Overreacting, I think. Sorry.

• Like x 1
  10. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

amethyst.jpg
    i done a fanart

• Like x 27
  11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

12. liminal

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
  13. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

@Vast Derp your art style is kinda perfect for this show <3

• Like x 2
  14. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

that is one shiny beautiful amethyst wow!

16. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@tinyhydra don't worry. i get how it can give you that impression. it's okay.
    i probably didn't comment on the stuff i agreed with and/or liked 'cause i didn't have much more to say about those other than that, well, i agreed with and/or liked them, thus my not-very positive introduction of him to the thread. so yeah...

17. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

I think Lore's big problem (besides being mega stubborn) is that the Parent Points thing was really...not a good thing to make formalized. Like, it works fine as an off-the-cuff running gag thing, but as soon as you present it as an actual empirical measurement that can be coherently tallied up you're basically begging for people to come and fight you about every single number.

• Like x 7
  18. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Ride eternal, shiny and iron (IV) color centers!

• Like x 2
  19. Vmaprie

Vmaprie hlaf mermade too

I JUST STARTED WATCHING THIS LAST NIGHT WHILE KNITTING AND THE FRYBO EPISODE IS NOT OK.

ok, anyway, is v. good and my kind of messed up so far, but I can't read the rest of the thread because even though I'm not spoilerphobic, I figure WHY RUIN IT FOR MYSELF.

aaahahaha

• Like x 10
  20. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

LIVEBLOG IT PLEASE PEOPLE LOVE LIVEBLOGGING

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice