Stray Thoughts [now liveblogging Deltarune ch 2]

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheSeer, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

clearly the world was created retroactively

open a dark fountain and the corresponding dark world abruptly exists and has a retroactive past

2. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

But then why would Queen be aware of the difference between the "wonderful dark world" that the Knight created and what came before that?

3. Penumbra

Penumbra hiding under cloth

she’s a computer- in reality the library’s new hi tech laptop, probably with some sort of cortana or Siri AI. of all the Darkeners, shes the most likely to know what’s going on in the outside world.

4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Something something shadow puppets, the objects casting shadows are there whether or not light is, but the shadows need light to be cast.

5. TheSeer

And I'm back! Sorry for the delay, life has been somewhat troublesome.

screen 425.png
    screen 426.png
    screen 428.png
    screen 430.png

I have three observations here.
    1) This is awfully Freudian.
    2) Look at that knife. The Knight is definitely Kris.
    3) I kind of feel like I'm playing Mother 3 backwards. Running around too late to stop a mysterious double from sticking pointy things into the earth to create worlds? What's next, a dinosaur brings my mom back to life?

screen 431.png
    screen 432.png

That's cause they're a nerrrrrrd.

screen 433.png
    screen 434.png

You know, I have to give Toby props here. "I want to cover the world with darkness" actually sounds like a reasonable, almost sympathetic, motive here, instead of something you say when the Care Bears come to stop you. Way to subvert the cartoon villain trope.

6. TheSeer

screen 435.png
    screen 437.png

Oh, right, Undertale.

screen 438.png

... is it? Not in equal amounts, going by the last game. Like, have you actually gotten to test this idea, or are you just guessing?

screen 440.png
    screen 441.png

Oooh, nice, I've got chills.

screen 442.png

Chills are gone now.

Also, after two games of that "unspecified december festival" nonsense, you're going to hang the pure-hearted prisoner spread-eagle by the hands? In a white robe? And her name is Noelle Holiday? The "it's not really Jesus" pretense is wearing a bit thin, here.

screen 443.png

Seems a bit foreshadowy, thanks for asking.

screen 444.png

She asked, having taken Noelle up to a high place to tempt her with power.

7. TheSeer

screen 445.png
    screen 446.png

Daww.

screen 448.png

I kinda figured it was a statue, actually. Besides, it's a pacifist run - neutralizing your advantages won't actually work, because I'm not going to actually take advantage of your weak points to kill you. I have to convince you that you can't win, which I can't do while you're thinking "if only I could get to my giant robot, they'd be helpless against me!"

screen 449.png
    screen 450.png

Boy, it sure would have been nice if you'd told us that earlier. Then again, we didn't actually warn you we were coming here, so how would you know we needed to be warned?

screen 451.png
    screen 452.png

Yeah! Fighting spirit!

screen 454.png

You can't see it because I'm facing away from the camera, but I'm making this face:

-_-

8. TheSeer

screen 457.png

theworstpersonyouknow.gif

screen 458.png
    screen 459.png
    screen 460.png

Why did they need to be "modified" to work together?

screen 461.png
    screen 462.png
    screen 463.png

...huh. I guess I was right not to go full Ducky after all.

9. TheSeer

screen 465.png

Garbage in, garbage alcoholism

screen 466.png
    screen 468.png

Well, then. Okay. I guess now we see the violence inherent in the system.

Speaking of which, how did the fight mechanic work again?

screen 469.png

Joke's on you! I already have all the skateboards I want! The skateboards... called friends. Friends... who I am literally riding like skateboards right now.

10. TheSeer

screen 470.png
    screen 471.png
    screen 472.png

I thought this was just villain bragging. Then I got my own ass kicked by her final attack. I mean, I guess if I won the fight, then I would have to make a decision that mattered about what to do with Queen.

screen 473.png
    screen 474.png

A "pin"? I think that's both an authentication pun and a Mother 3 reference.

screen 476.png
    screen 477.png
    screen 478.png

That would really byte.

screen 479.png
    screen 480.png

Natural ending of Noelle and Queen's story, or ominous foreshadowing of Kris and mine? You decide.

• Like x 1
  11. TheSeer

screen 481.png

Tokyo-3 problems.

screen 482.png
    screen 484.png
    screen 486.png
    screen 487.png

That mood you get at the end of every portal fantasy, when the author's like "but then they had to grow up and live in the real world" and you're like "fucking why?" (Except you don't really say fuck because you're ten, but you feel it.) Wise authors at least acknowledge what the characters would reasonably want - Lewis had the Pevensies stay for years and only go back by accident, and Carroll had Wonderland be much less fun for Alice the character to be in than for Alice his daughter to hear about. But still, it always struck me as kind of shitty for authors to be like "here's a cool magical world, reader, and I'm going to make you love it but then tell you you have to stop because Grownup."

screen 488.png

Then again there might be some logical flaws with this particular plan.

screen 489.png
    screen 492.png

Okay, I know I've been making jokes all along about Kris's lack of affect. But seriously, everyone else's sprites are so expressive, even though they also get dialogue portraits with expressions. Meanwhile Kris isn't even making the -_- face. They're just... looking down, I guess? Not even watching, let alone participating or reacting. I really doubt it's because they're bored.

• Agree x 1
  12. TheSeer

screen 493.png

Huh. Not to go all pro-democracy, but it seems that this entire plot could have been solved by a public-comment-and-feedback process.

screen 495.png
    screen 496.png
    screen 497.png

Yeah, so's everyone else. At least you got to see the Knight's actions.

screen 498.png
    screen 499.png

Are they really going to ask me to accept that she's going to keep believing this whole thing was a dream? I'm having trouble with that. Dreams and real life aren't actually very similar. The only reason anyone's ever confused is that you can't think very clearly while you're asleep.

13. TheSeer

screen 501.png

Why do you even have that program? Did you somehow anticipate the possibility of us leaving on friendly terms with you still around? Because that wasn't what you should have been expecting a win or a loss to look like.
    Also, why did you put a space in the file name, but not in the graphics?

screen 503.png

Does this mean the fountain powers are related to the SOUL and not Kris themselves? Is that why the birdcage is on a wagon, are they wheeling it around town as a magical power source? Walking down the street at 2 AM, knife in one hand, pulling the wagon in the other? Glowing red heart in the cage, and the wheels going squeak, squeak, squeak?

screen 505.png
    screen 506.png

Yeah, still having trouble with this one. The very fact that they're telling each other it was a dream is evidence that it was a shared experience.

screen 508.png

Well if you hadn't lied and told them it was all a dream, maybe they'd be grateful for the things you did instead of thinking you didn't really do them.

screen 509.png
    screen 510.png

I suppose this is a reasonable motivation for not telling everybody. Neither of them wants a bunch of attention and pressure from random adults. And, trusting Birdly to keep a secret you care about seems stupid and doomed. But this really does not explain your initial lie to Noelle.

screen 511.png

It is. And yet, we do. According to evidence on tumblr and AO3, we really, really do.

14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Somehow Susie was also thinking it might've been a dream, but in fairness to her it doesn't seem like Kris had a lot to say about it.

I think Noelle was flustered enough about the dream ferris wheel scene, and Berdly the sheer idea of crushing on Susie and deciding to be stupid, that they were both grasping for reasons to conclude it wasn't real - or eager to compare details

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice