stuff from 18+ subforums in new posts

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, May 20, 2019.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Knives pointed out that stuff from the 18+ subforums would show up in New Posts. Yes, it would. This is fixable. I think I've turned that off for all the relevant forums. Sorry about that.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Useful x 2
  2. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

but if they don't show up in new posts then how do i tell that there are new posts in those subforums?

3. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Presumably you'd have to watch the threads or manually check the sub forum every so often? Dunno if there's a watch option for entire subforums like there is for threads. Itd be annoying but doable, I don't think there's that many 18+ subforums?

4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

You can watch entire subforums, yes (though you have to go to a separate page from the Watched Threads tab—both have their own pages) and it gives you notifications when anything is posted.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I'm currently watching the entire Meta subforum and new posts in it show up in it the alert box the same way that new posts in individually watched threads and likes and stuff show up. On the forum page there's a "watch forum" link on the right above the list of threads the same way that there's a "watch thread" link on the right above the posts in a particular thread.

• Useful x 1
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Presumably it'll also still have the yellow folder for new posts. It just won't show up in the feed of the most recently active threads in the little box on the right-hand side of the main page.

7. latitans

latitans zounds, scoob

hey so were all Holler Closet and ITA threads supposed to be included in this switch? because I just noticed that stuff from those sub forums has stopped showing up for me. is this a bug or a feature?

8. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

It's a feature, at least approximately. They might not be exactly 18+, but they're private and/or people often want to avoid seeing them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice