Super General Advice (the thread for advice without making a thread)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by NevermorePoe, May 8, 2017.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

So. My halper lady is diabetic, and sometimes her bloodsugar drops on her. Ive asked and shes ok with me bringing it up since Im so far 2 for 2 on noticing before she does. What Im asking is phrasing.
    What is a good way to phrase it when I notice that diesn't accidenrially imply she cant take care of herself/might cone off as 'are you on your period'-ing?

2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

"hey, do you think you might be having a low?" that's what I say to my best friend's mom who's diabetic

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

"how's your blood sugar?"

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

so back in september i got a vch piercing (vertical clitoral hood pericing), and it's healed very nicely. however, like.... so i never really explicitly cleaned under my clitoral hood because it's very very tiny, and vaguely splashing water at it always seemed to do the trick. since getting it pierced, tho, it ... needs more cleaning than that. but how do i do that?

5. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

I have major sensory issues with Sticky which makes kneading bread absolute hell
    does anyone have suggestions?

6. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

Olive oil on hands? Prevents sticky but makes slimy.

7. idiomie

gloves!

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Some electric mixers can knead pretty well with the dough hook, but they're pricy - I only have one bc it was a wedding gift.

Have you looked into no-knead bread methods? They're getting pretty popular so there should be lots of tutorials.

• Useful x 1
  9. keltka

there are some that don't have that Weird Smell Texture thing going on right? because that could be Hella good

my future MIL has volunteered hers but we're planning to move out Soon so @_@
    thank you!! I'll look some up, I had no idea they existed

• Like x 1
  10. idiomie

i find it's after a lot of trial and error, which is gross, but yeah. personally i prefer the "super thin" ones because that works for me

• Useful x 1
  11. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

this sounds like you may have a latex problem, which I do also. Latex-free sterile gloves don't smell nearly as horrible.

• Useful x 1
  12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Beer bread and soda bread both require no kneading and are tasty, tasty, tasty.

I miss bread.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. jacktrash

you could probably pick up a used bread machine for cheap at your local thrift store. i see one or two at ours every few months. i think it's one of the first appliances people get rid of when they move, so they show up frequently. i stopped using ours when i got a stand mixer, since i like shaping the bread myself, but my disability prevents me from doing the kneading part, but i remember it was pretty fun to use. you get to pick the ingredients yourself, but the machine does all the hand work.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  14. keltka

thanks guys!! I will check it out because that would be so hecking good...
    if not, wedding registry

15. auxanges

auxanges pitch connoisseur

any canadians know of a good place to get a free credit check? its not crucial its mostly to assuage the Anxietyâ„¢ about someone else doing one on me for a place lol

16. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Creditkarma.ca will let you monitor it? I have the American version of the app on my phone.

• Useful x 1
  17. sirsparklepants

If you're on long term NSAIDs and you have a minor illness, is there a way to determine if you would have had a fever (as like, a diagnostic symptom for your doctor) without stopping the medicine in question for a bit?

18. jacktrash

i'm on indomethacin, and i still notice fever symptoms, although usually not elevated temperature, at least not so's you'd notice. but i get the lightheadedness and my body's temperature regulation goes a bit wonky, so i spend the day putting on a sweater and taking it off every 15 mins. there's also a different kind of aches than usual.

• Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Just realized this might be a better place to pose this question than my blogette. :P Any advice?

20. sirsparklepants

Are you looking for a facial moisturizer or a body moisturizer and what skin problems are you looking to help/prevent with it? That's gonna radically change my answer.

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice