Super General Advice (the thread for advice without making a thread)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by NevermorePoe, May 8, 2017.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I did a little more investigation and it turns out my computer was lying about already having the right drivers, so I managed to track them down and that fixed it!

edit: of course, now the pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to be working :P

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

ah, it was GIMP that was the problem. I think I fixed it!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

oof yeah, drivers are really finicky! glad you figured it out! :D

• Like x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto What's your favorite Pokemon?

TW: animal cruelty

Who do I need to get ahold of to help some animals being neglected and abused? My job has a "petting farm" and instead of trained animal keepers they've stuck a bunch of untrained workers out there and the animals are literally dying

Sorry, I can't find who to call and ASPCA seems like a no brainier but I don't know how to go about actually contacting them or if that's who needs contacted in the first place :(

5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

aspca has a report animal cruelty page, which for places outside of NYC seems to boil down to “contact your local shelter/animal control/police.” what kind of animals are at your job?

• Useful x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto What's your favorite Pokemon?

Alpacas, goats, chickens, a donkey, and piglets

The chickens are killing and eating each other, and all the animals only have access to water when someone is up there running it (9-11 and 5-7). They have little to no protection from the sun, and besides that minimum access to water and food are receiving no other care because the people working it simply don't know how to.

• Witnessed x 3
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

damn, that is fucked up.

aside from the shelter I might try googling rescue farms in your area. if you can't find any near you, I bet even ones further away would have advice on what to do in this situation and maybe local contacts or something.

• Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice