Super General Advice (the thread for advice without making a thread)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by NevermorePoe, May 8, 2017.

1. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

You could ask a mod to move stuff to one of the private forums, if you're worried

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Well, I've seen plenty of people get doxxed when they weren't particularly famous.

• Witnessed x 1
  3. anthers

anthers sleepy

I just drank a can of hard cider with a best by date of August last year.

Am I gonna die?

4. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

hard cidre being the alcoholic kind, right?

Generally i'd say a closed can of alcohol is pretty shelf-stable even a good while after the official best-by.

• Agree x 7
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think you're gonna be fine. Possibly queasy, but ultimately fine. If you do start to feel ill call the doc, but I don't think you'll need to.

• Agree x 1
  6. Acey

Acey i’ll sleep the whole damn day

Thirded. Alcohol has a very long shelf life if kept sealed, so chances are you’ll be totally fine. I wouldn’t even expect much in terms of an upset tummy, honestly, although it is possible.

• Agree x 2
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I made a typo in the title when trying to make a YouTube side-account and I can't figure out how to change it. Does anyone know?

8. Acey

So I was really moody this morning, and wound up crying quite a bit. Between this and general allergy season bullshit, the skin around my eyes is super irritated and burns like a mofo. Does anyone have tips on how to alleviate this, ideally with stuff one would likely already have in one's home?

9. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I've been told that when eyes get irritated, to wet camomile tea bags and put them on one's eyes. Don't know if it will actually help, it's like, half remembered old home remedies.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  10. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Chaotic neutral bastard

A lot of eye remedies like the teabags (and cucumber slices!) are basically a cold compress, which you can do with cotton pads and cooled water as well to reduce any swelling and soften any dried-on tear residue. Other than that just clean the affected area really well with plain water, dry thoroughly by patting gently with a soft cloth, and try to avoid touching to avoid irritation. Skin around the eyes is thin and really easy to damage, so I'd avoid anything like creams etc which might irritate further.

• Useful x 2
  11. Acey

Thanks, that’s really helpful! The irritation died down a good bit overnight but if they decide to bug me again, now I know. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice