Super General Advice (the thread for advice without making a thread)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by NevermorePoe, May 8, 2017.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Is there a name for this kind of art style?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Inked outlines with muted watercolours? It reminds me slightly of a simplified Art Nouveau but it very much isn't.

• Agree x 1
  2. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

To me if looks reminiscent of the naïve style of L.S. Lowry.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Question: can anyone tell me how to move both files and programs from one drive to another without screwing up things' ability to find each other? My laptop has a small hard drive with the OS and everything on it and a big one for storage, but right now everything other than my Steam and music library is on the small drive and it's almost full. I want to move over stuff like my documents and pictures folders, as many applications as I can, etc, but I don't know how to transfer things in such a way that all the paths that lead to them remain intact.

4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

• Useful x 3
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Does anyone have coding for a Tumblr shipping wall page where the pixels stay on one line, like this? I may have asked before but I can't find the question now.

ETA: Scratch that, I just changed the theme and it worked. Does anyone know how to HTML up a border that will surround multiple images?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

setting up new internet, which involves looking at my old internet setup in detail for the first time. as far as I can tell, I've somehow been connected to the internet using two routers and no modem for the past several years. that's not actually possible? I'm pretty sure?? but neither of the devices I have is a combination router+modem so I have no idea what's up there lol.

I guess I have to buy a modem tomorrow

• Witnessed x 2
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Congratulations your super power?

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

just realized I posted this in advice instead of stream of consciousness, no idea how that happened o_o

but thank you lol

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice