Take Me Out To The Blall Game- A Blaseball Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Jemmy, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

they happen every hour, on the hour, every day! but then they stop at the weekend for the postgame/rest day

• Informative x 1
  2. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

also i bet 69 coins on every single game and won a bunch of money so thats DELIGHTFUL

• Winner x 4
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Occasionally - like earlier today - a game takes more than an hour, so they're delayed to the next time slot.

• Agree x 1
  4. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

They all start on the hour, but aside from that there's a bot in the server with updates like feedback, incinerations, etc. for games when they happen.

Edit: Annnd whoops more replies happened while I was typing.

5. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

As CRCR said, you can DM Blasebot with "bb!subscribe bet" and it'll ping you when the last game of the current set is done and it's time to get your bets in before the next set starts.

Don't feel bad about missing a lot of games, either - most people do, because there's just no way to stay awake for the whole season.

The main money-making strats seem to be "have someone idolled" - Sexton is a good 'parking' idol, he's the only pitcher on his team so he reliably pitches every game which means you'll get a bit of income for every strike and shutout he pitches - and steadily upgrading your pendants and the income potions. The advice I've gotten is to focus on increasing your betting limit first, then go for the passive income potions - increasing your betting limit gets you more money, faster, if you get lucky with your betting.

Of course, 'lucky' is one way of saying it. The smart bets, if you're new, are generally to go for whoever's mathematically favoured that game. If you're being more detailed, check to make sure that the team you're planning on betting on hasn't been shamed (it gives them a points deficit they need to dig their way out of first) and that they're not facing weather that puts them at a disadvantage. Some weather gives teams an advantage, even if the math doesn't look like it should favour them - the Pies, for example, have Affinity For Crows, which makes them do 50% better in hitting and pitching during birds weather. So a game that gives them Birds, while facing off against a team that was just shamed in the last game, is one that might have the stlats math saying that they're not favoured to win...while everything else has tipped the odds in their favour.

The best strategy is also to max-bet, as much as you can, on every game. If you run out of money, go to the shop and then beg the gods for more coins - you'll get somewhere between 0 to 15 coins, and you can keep doing this as many times as you need to. The only requirement is that you have 0 coins on you when you hit the button. This strategy means that even if all you manage to do is bet 5 coins on half of the upcoming games, that's still 10 coins per game that you'll win if you win.

The next thing to do is to buy more votes, when you've got the money to spare. Stockpiling them until it's time to vote (after the post-season is done, these days, to avoid the risk of shakeups) means that you'll be able to dump a lot of votes into whatever your team's planning on going for.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. swirlingflight

If you find you'd prefer to listen to live games, this offers computer voices (with approximate pronunciations) reading off the various display messages for whichever team you select. If you'd prefer to backread the events of recent games, or just try to skim to catch up with a current game, this offers that option. I know my attention span does not at all lend itself to watching, and most of the time I only remember a game is about to start because I'm lurking in the Discord or because the sound comes on.

• Informative x 2
  7. swirlingflight

...Leading into other events.

• Winner x 2
  8. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

[​IMG]

• Agree x 2
  9. swirlingflight

RIV the moon! Welcome back to all who have returned!

The Peanut is *cronched*, long live Capitalism, now with extra Capitalization for Emphasis!

Magic is g00d!! Next season's blessings are tarot so we're extra hype!

And now we have the option to Eat the Book! I'm excited for speaking more absolute nonsense into the "reality" of blaseball!!!!

(eta more details and a lot more exclamation points)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

0 No!

• Agree x 1
  11. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

Well, the new weather has thrown every axiom about betting out of the window.

• Agree x 2
  12. swirlingflight

The standings numbers are getting very silly, and I'm impressed by how hard the Wings and Pies are speedrunning party time.

• Agree x 2
  13. turtleDove

Yeah. About the only thing that I think has been figured out is "if it's blackhole weather, you're safer betting on an upset". I'm making more money off of pitching idols than I am off of bets, right now.

• Like x 1
  14. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

Er, 'upset'?

15. turtleDove

Okay, so - the betting option will show you the predicted odds for each team facing off against each other. The team that's got lower odds is the underdog. If the underdog wins the game, it's considered an upset. (It's not an actual coded thing, I think? It's just how it's referred to by the fans.)

16. turtleDove

Just realized I didn't actually explain why betting on an upset's considered safer during blackhole weather. (I had to go run and make my bets and swap who I've got idoled. Plus, tea.)

In blackhole weather, if a team gets to 10 points, the Blackhole will take those points and eat a win from that team's win/loss records. Now, that's not great for their win/loss counts but what matters for the betting is that the team now will have no points on the board. So you can end up with situations where one team was pitching a shutout right up until the blackhole activated and then the other team manages to get one point. Or they were tied, and then Blackhole.

In Sun 2 weather, getting to 10 points will cause the Sun 2 to set a win on the team. Which also eats the points, but is at least better for your win/loss counts even if it can result in your team getting a win on the board and losing the game.

17. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

Alright, I figured but wanted to make sure.

I did think the Blackhole weather reset the scores of both teams, though, so while there could be a catch-up, wouldn't they still be at the same starting point again and no change in odds?

18. turtleDove

No, it just resets the score for the team who hit 10 runs. Plus, if the game is at 10 innings or more, whoever scored first would win.

19. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

Huh. Good to know, then! And true, which is why I was saying there could be catch-up but not quite as disruptive if it got rid of only one. Thanks for clarifying!

• Like x 1
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Twitter update:

The Wild Wings legal team is suing the Commissioner CEO again for not implementing Eat The Rich this week, on behalf of the Mills. Parker says “No.” Then complains on his own twitter.

Meanwhile, the Crabs twitter, which has done a corporate-themed heel turn post-ascension, jumps in in defense of Parker, saying “This is clearly a bad faith lawsuit attempting to discredit newly instated @blaseball CEO Parker by using facts and logic to make him look bad.”

Parker replies “Hey do you all have lawyers”.

Then ~40 minutes later says that he “demands a fair trial... in Sunbeams Court.” I think this is a joke about the ‘Beams Discord having its own legal system (that per the replies, once decided to execute the whole chat??) but I’m really not sure. Anyway lmao.

• Winner x 4
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice