Take Me Out To The Blall Game- A Blaseball Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Jemmy, Sep 15, 2020.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Yeah, everything I heard about Bonecourse and the rest of the Beams legal system shenanigans makes that sound like a thing that probably happened. I saw somebody link a survey for people to submit eyewitness reports and evidence about the case against Parker, excited to see how that pans out.

2. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

Yeah, Sunbeams had a trial over the 'death' of one of their captains. Everyone in the Discord was a suspect or something.

3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm helping out with the amicus brief that the Garages are going to be filing, and we got a link to the gdoc that the Sunbeams made for the Bonecourse trial. It's a thing of beauty, and references the thin skull rule.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I am giving Blaseball a shot and the very first thing I would like to do is change my team (gasp)
    because when I first picked a team, it was basically random, and the only thing to inform my choice was "hey, look, this icon has a duck in it! duck maskot! love it"
    and then it turned out that it is actually a boat & only even vaguely looks like a duck in the browser I was using first. I feel so betrayed.
    upload_2020-10-23_10-5-40.png
    so now I want nothing to do with the Dale.
    I don't really know where to go from here though! How do people pick a team??? my instinctive top 2 has been Sunbeams or Lift but I also could go anywhere
    except the non-duck Dales :(

• Witnessed x 2
  5. swirlingflight

Some people pick just based on what color scheme and icon they like the best, some check out the wiki to see what they have to say about the generally established team lore and what the current players are like, some join the discord and try to figure out what team they vibe with the best. Every team has private channels, some allow guests to visit, most require that people ask.

With those teams:
    Lift is the new team, they're still figuring things out, but so far they're doing the supportive quest for gains! sort of theme. Those memes of bodybuilders posting positivity, lots of fairly genderneutral friendly brodude commentary, reminding people to hydrate and eat well, lately they're thrilled for their early party time and all the strength building the players are doing now.

Sunbeams are based in a 'Hellmouth' and take a lot of pride in that, I've seen some references to unsettling sunny horror inspirations like Desert Bluffs, they love bones where bones should probably not be, it seems like they have a thriving rp situation going on what with the trial mentioned above.

• Informative x 1
  6. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

If you're going to be active in the Discord, getting to know each team's vibes might be really pertinent. I can't speak for the others (there was a Twitter thread where people were encouraged to add their team's vibes) but the Magics are extremely chill - a lot of magic, a lot of park/woodsy stuff, not too competitive, stuff like that.

For the physical act of changing a team you can buy the Fair Weather Flute in the shop for 2000 coin. It'll log you out, and then you log back in and are allowed to choose a new team.

• Agree x 1
  7. swirlingflight

( How many of us are in the Magics? :0 )

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

yeah i only picked the tigers bc theres nothing more metal than "hades tigers"

• Agree x 1
  9. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

I do really love the Tigers' fierce energy. If I weren't so in love with the Magic's character-concepts and just... a national Park having a blaseball team, the Tigers would be a close second.

10. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

MAGIC MAKE THE PALYOFFS VIA WILDCARD

(Anyone from the Flowers here?)

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Oh shit go magic!! We’re not very good but go for it!!

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. turtleDove

The Garages, if I remember right, allow for visitors - we've certainly had several visitors pop in and out! I'd say our vibes are "friendly, mostly chill, very intent on making sure that everyone's okay"? We've also, hands down, got the best music if that's something you're interested in.

We also have Mike Townsend, who is a credit to the team, and people are really good about tagging for triggers and such. (Heck, I had to go "um, okay, just realized that I'm not actually okay with guillotine gifs, can you please spoiler those in future?" and people immediately went "oh shoot, yeah - sorry about that!" and one person actually made a point of writing it in Discord notes so that they won't forget about it.)

There is a lot of "no captains" stuff, though, when the topic of who's in charge comes up. Officially, everyone in the Garages channel is a captain (mod status) because we're all equals. From a practical standpoint, this uh. Threw a wrench into things when we needed to nominate people for ambassadors, to help with inter-team communication, because people kept digging their heels in and going "nope, no captains, we're not okay with that" and the mods kept going "look, you need to have someone in there representing you, and we can't have all of you crowding in, and no you can't just rotate it weekly because the whole point is to have people building trust and understanding" until my friend went "no gods, no captains, but maybe a union rep?"
    So now we have three union reps (one of which rotates), instead of captains, for the ambassador position.

We're a very silly group, but everyone's pretty chill and interested in having a good time together.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. swirlingflight

MAGIC GOOD!!!!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

MAGIC SUPER GOOD!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. blue

blue hightown funk you up

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN GO MAGIC

• Agree x 2
  16. swirlingflight

The combination of 0No being better against good teams and the enforced fairness of looping just have so much uppy downy energy that we had to.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  17. swirlingflight

Love black holes, love how we loop around them over and over. Not sarcasm, though I know a lot of people were complaining about it - this was a hilariously repetitive playoffs, and a perfect way for Magic to go out. Looping so hard we lost....

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  18. turtleDove

If it helps, this happened to the Garages too. We got so close, and looped for. like. six games, just to end up losing to the Beams.

• Agree x 2
  19. swirlingflight

BLASEBALL'S BACK, BABY

In Magic highlights so far:
    • Magic G00d, but also 0-4 so far. Sometimes goodness can't be quantified.

• Like x 3
  20. turtleDove

Y'all also got Jaylen in Feedback, during that game against the Lovers. The Garages are one part amused/excited that Jaylen's world tour has hit the road again, and one part sympathetic to the Magic for having lost someone who was an original part of the team.

The concessions stands are...well, they're sure a thing. No one seems to quite have a handle on the best sort of builds to create, and the limited inventory space is definitely a problem for everyone.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice