Tbkbgs

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by palindromordnilap, Dec 16, 2018.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

(special thanks to my phone's keyboard for this title)

Will probably feature rambling about whichever things I'm currently interested in that week. Anyone who'd want to is welcome to interact.

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. palindromordnilap

I've finally decided to do something with the Arduino kit I have in a corner of my room. I'll probably bring it to the university makerspace tomorrow, since we're done with our semester project but showing up there once a week still counts for my grades.

3. palindromordnilap

Oh, hey, apparently the public fiber network that's getting deployed in Corsica and planned to cover most of the population by 2023 will be open to all ISPs. That would be a great opportunity to start a local one, so that as much of the money put into it as possible, and the jobs, would stay in the local economy. Too bad I'm planning to leave for college next year and don't have any experience on doing that sort of stuff anyway.

• Like x 1
  4. palindromordnilap

I've always lowkey believed that the reason educational efforts in STEM have been relatively unsuccessful for the last few decades is that we haven't been letting kids blow anything up with off-the-shelf chemistry sets anymore.

• Like x 1
  5. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

What are you thinking of doing with the Arduino kit? I’ve worked with arduinos some, they’re pretty neat. ^.^

6. palindromordnilap

I'm actually not sure! I'll at least probably have some fun with RFID tags, but aside from that I'll most likely just check some online tutorials.

• Like x 1
  7. Astrodynamicist

Sounds like a good plan. There’s a toooon of tuts online for all sorts of arduino stuff.

8. palindromordnilap

Okay, things I did this afternoon/evening:
    - bought 1.5kg of onions and a thing of butter
    - spent about 15-20 minutes at the dorm's gym
    - brought most cooking utensils I had to the common kitchen, made pasta with the unexpired cheese I had left, eggnog, and Italian meringue which I'm still surprised at managing to be successful at for both of my consecutive first attempts
    - cut up 1kg of onions, stuck it in my crock pot with melted butter, left it to cook for ten hours on low heat (inspired by some Tumblr post)
    - went back to my room, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and then proceeded to pluck out half of my facial hair because it was annoying
    - took a melatonin and will hopefully reset my sleep schedule

And no, I don't know where the real Alix is or what I've done to her.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  9. palindromordnilap

I've complained about this before, but it's actually kinda weird how the entire "let's make an autistic micronation" crowd is aspie supremacists, people who don't want to have to deal with homeless people on public transportation, and generally cursed people. Come on, are you telling me no one is into that for the special interest?

10. palindromordnilap

You know that Tumblr post about how it's incredible that "ao3 mcu a:aou abo bdsm ot3 hs au pwp" makes any sort of sense and is actually pretty descriptive?
    Well, furries managed to one-up that over a decade ago.

11. palindromordnilap

Of course, that's a Geek Code derivative, but I should note that there's no decoding software for this version so you actually have to either remember what all of these stand for or look it up every time.

12. Astrodynamicist

I want to rate that but none of the options come remotely close to the level of daunted awe and befuddlement I feel trying to read it.

Oh, I keep forgetting about the forum emojis!

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

There we go.

• Winner x 1
  13. palindromordnilap

Why the fuck do I want to make a video game now?

14. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

because video games are cool

• Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  15. palindromordnilap

The thing Jesse is bringing up with catfishing serial killers sounds interesting, but let me tell you: practically every time, the creep doesn't actually show up.

Source: hey, look, it doesn't count as sex work if it's blackmail, and besides I stopped once I turned 15.

16. palindromordnilap

Today, in Alix's ongoing adventures with hardware bullshit:
    upload_2019-2-7_8-58-47.png
    screenshots that make you go hmmm

(The actual benchmark itself scored about 1/4 of the exact same one, on the same hardware, last week.

17. palindromordnilap

18. palindromordnilap

It's all just completely useless. I really should just stop trying to do anything because all it does is make things worse.
    I'll just give up on this computer. Maybe some day I'll have enough money to get a new one.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. palindromordnilap

20. palindromordnilap

Okay, at least the old GPU seems to work okay. I'll try to see if the new one is in any way fixable, it's unlikely but there's no way I can return it anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice