Terrible original/published fiction?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Dec 20, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

...*eye twitches faintly*

• Agree x 6
  2. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

OH i think i missed that somewhere along the line, that absolutely makes more sense, i didnt realize there was a distinction! the more u kno.jpg

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Another comment from Das Sporking about obnoxious things:

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, this is one of the most unlikable creepypasta protagonists I've ever seen. His methods are extremely familiar to me, but the complete lack of self-awareness about autism leading to "try same thing in microscopically different ways until different results occur" and the lack of thought that the answer to his prayer might be "fuck you, the lady said no" left me wishing Cthulhu would eat him less than halfway into the story.

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

A pretty lolarious attack of Edginess Was Needed:

• Witnessed x 6
  6. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

• Agree x 4
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The hand part would be fine without the crushing part. Sudden groin attacks tend to be hard to pull off as serious - even if it is a serious injury, the immediate association is comedy.

• Agree x 2
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Snickering at Goodkind again:

• Like x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Comment (on an article which itself has a heavy warning for noncon discussion) about how not to write a real or fictional location:
    Uh, wow.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Agree x 3
  10. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Fun update from the House of Night: our first disabled character is blind, and within a page of being introduced as a blind person, she is cured of blindness and then given extra sight on top of it! She gets vampyric longevity and hyper-gorgeousness, plus ordinary sight, plus synaesthetic psychic prophecy type sight.

There has been a brief moment where someone asks her how she used the internet when she was blind and she was like "lol, ignorant much?" and he was like "hey, i'm not disabled, why would I know that?", but they skipped past it soon enough. Oh, and there was FINALLY a full-on call-out of people saying "retard", but the character being called out retorted with what was clearly an author-surrogate argument that it's exaggerating "upper middle class white mommies having their feelings hurt" when other words, like "cunt", are more harmful.

Also, the count of "rapists who have been redeemed because a heroine Loves Them Enough To Look Past It who have now become love interests and we're expected to judge the characters who are still not on board with accepting them into the fold" has risen to 3. Arguably 4, if you count the teacher who used magic to get Zoey into bed with him and then made everyone, including her, treat this as a horrible error on her part, rather than holding him responsible for TRYING TO SEDUCE HIS STUDENT FOR PERSONAL GAIN (there was an Evil Villain Plot component to it as well) AND THEN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HER BIOLOGICAL VULNERABILITIES TO MAKE HER FUCK HIM.

• Witnessed x 12
  11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Oh yeah house of night is PRETTY awful.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. LadyNighteyes

• Agree x 9
    • Witnessed x 7
  13. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Do... do they have magnets in them?

• Agree x 4
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I had to read that multiple times to comprehend what was even being described.

• Agree x 2
  15. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

So am I the only one that instantly thought Momo or--

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  16. TheSeer

It crossed my mind, but I don't think her quirk can create living things, so she'd be unlikely to have dogs in her bra.

(Seriously, you're going to have to be more specific, I know like eight fandoms with a character named Momo.)

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

The hoax 'urban legend' based off of deliberately disturbing statue that was running around for a bit. Link to said statue.

• Informative x 2
  18. LadyNighteyes

On reading further down the thread, this is in fact a gay male author writing a gay male main character, which somehow makes it even worse.

• Witnessed x 9
  19. TheSeer

The thread is pure gold, though.

• Agree x 3
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've seen gay male writers write with the het male gaze before, and it's weird as fuck. I'm guessing it's because they learned their writing styles from het male writers and think writing this way is Literary(TM), or maybe they don't hang out with many women? In the case of A Wild Swan And Other Tales, it's not exactly "male gaze", but it's certainly the "she had a personality and eyes" tone, though I think that's more down to every character of any gender in it being a jerk.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice