TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I have. No idea if I can keep up with a proper roleplay at the moment. Besides anything else, I've been sticking to one-on-ones for so long I'm hopelessly out of practice with group.
    But I gotta admit I'm tempted
    Especially if his alt-mode is something kind of stupid-looking but it's water-related so he rarely has any cause to use it on a spaceship so when he joins the gang he lies and tells them it's, well, a jet-ski.
    When really it's like. Idk. Something like this.
    ...probably not actually that but y'know. xP

• Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

fghjk i love him
    (If it's any help we won't start before summer anyway, so)

3. TwoBrokenMirrors

...All right help me find a decent dumb alt-mode for him and I will at least try

• Like x 1
  4. IvyLB

[​IMG]
    a pedal-boat? :P

• Like x 6
  5. TwoBrokenMirrors

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    yes
    yes, definitely, that

• Like x 3
  6. TwoBrokenMirrors

'AFTER THAT MAN'
    -pedalpedalpedalpedal-

• Like x 1
  7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

8. TwoBrokenMirrors

...slllloooooww headtilt

9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

*confused noises*

10. IvyLB

• Like x 1
  11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

His name can ABSOLUTELY be jetski, what are you talking about :P

Also yaaaaaasss come join Team Mostly-Useless Altmodes, our resident laserpointer and microphone will be glad to have company I'm sure

(I will join the search for Appropriately Useless Water Thing when I'm not on mobile =P)

• Like x 2
  12. IvyLB

the laserpointer protests that UM she is a BOMB now thanks a lot. (not that the bomb is actually more useful, y'know)

• Like x 3
  13. TwoBrokenMirrors

I suspect he calls himself Jetski. ;P What his original name was I actually have no idea.

EDIT: what is this

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    • Like x 1
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

• Like x 1
  15. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

meanwhile Silverweave is just "Why do these people insist upon being happy."

• Like x 3
  16. TwoBrokenMirrors

• Like x 4
  17. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Omg, @Mendacity, I am so on board with this waspinator defense squad business. He's such a precious sweetheart and it's completely unfair how adorable he is.

• Like x 6
  18. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

RIGHT?

Tbh I've been a big lover of him since I watched the old Beast Wars cartoon as a kid. He was one of my favs because Everything Bad Ever Always Happens to Waspinator and it's terribly relatable.

• Like x 2
  19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Is throwing character songs up still a thing? Because after rereading 11 I am having Feelings About Shockwave, help me

I've deceived the lonely
    And in the dark I've grown
    I now clench the fists of hands
    To limbs that aren't my own

You have conquered cities
    And torched the mighty sea
    You may keep yourself afloat
    But you cannot outswim me

You play with the wolves
    But you sleep with the bones of the rabbit
    I was only a child, oh
    It makes no sense

We've conceived the only
    True bond we'll ever know
    Learned to shake the limbs of trees
    To trunks that never grow

You have conquered cities
    And torched the mighty sea
    You may keep yourself afloat
    But you will not outswim me

You play with the wolves,
    But you sleep with the bones of the rabbit
    I was only a child
    It makes no sense

I went into Dark Cybertron having completely forgotten that Shockwave was the name of OP's senator friend. (Probably because the revelation at the end of 11 meant nothing to me, besides "huh, I feel like I'm supposed to know that name, he was probably important in one of the comics I didn't read.") I thought he was a cool villain; having actually competent antagonists is kind of nice, and while I didn't necessarily agree with his methods his motivation was pretty straightforward! He was also tons of fun to read, in a 'magnificent bastard' sort of way.

But on reread-- oh, baby. Seeing him be silly, be passionate-- oh. It's... a real punch in the gut this time through to see him get shadowplay'd and basically wiped of all personality.

Overlord proves to us that shadowplay and mnemosurgery aren't perfect, and between that evidence and Shockwave himself being at least interested in emotions (he logs his experiences under his rage-simulating subroutine for "further study")... I'd be interested in a fic where he starts regaining his 'original' personality (and memories?), and is alternately disgusted at his moments of irrationality/emotional-driven actions and horrified by the things he did in the name of "logic" and "results".

• Like x 7
  20. IvyLB

"I left Cybertron and my role as Optimus Prime behind." see, OP, here's the thing I fucking HATE it when Politicians do that. The whole abandoning their seat at the slightest mis-step instead of fixing their mistakes thing. And while I can understand the argument of "I'm a war leader, you guys need a peace-time leader now" it still JUST RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY.
    Oh Shockwave. Shockwave no.
    This is supposed to be confusing and weird isn't it?
    Also i'm not very happy with people just ignoring Pax's stated preference for his old name. Like even knowing he goes back to Optimus Prime at some point just. dude you can't just go "Nope i'll forever call you Prime" when he's uncomfortable with that?
    The painterly coloring style is kind of pretty-ish but the faces are pretty mehhhhhh
    Jhiaxus has subzero chill and is ALSO making no goddamn sense. tho the thirteen are probably referring to the original primes
    Okay so I still don't get what Jhiaxus' rambling has to do with all this?
    I like that apparently blowing a giant hole into the chest is somehow Shockwave's signature modus operandi.
    "Yeah I got a rundown on anybody's who's anywhere" isn't that a tad excessive...? I know the transformer population is greatly diminished but... dude. That's still gotta be an impossible amount of information to remember.
    holy shit pax that's kind of flippant. Like of course Roddy isn't actually dead, but this is not the reaction I'd have expected from you about someone you like being presumed dead? Wtf Pax...
    um. That's a big thingie with a 'con badge on it.
    ohhhh a combiner experiment, that is creepy.
    welp that's a huge angry guy
    HOLY SHIT I LIKE WHEELIE. THE STABBING IS DISCONCERTING.
    "Jhiaxus, the only first that matters... is first blood." Orion Pax: not the righteous, peaceful guys people think he is.
    It kind of takes balls to start a fight with Optimus Prime/Orion Pax as a distraction.
    OUCH THAT IS NOT GOOD
    "With Rodimus missing and Bublebee occupied, Responsibility falls to me." haha and you thought you could take a break :'D
    aw poor Wheelie D:
    "You know we're walking into a trap." "Doubtlessly. But I am tired of walking away." says the guy who's walked away from his position as leader when Cybertron needs a strong leader most. #salty
    Does thsi conclude adventures with Orion Pax or do I have to wait longer until I get back to Starscream's shenanigans?

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice