TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Petra

Petra space case

@applechime I know, right? So excited for the last part to come out.

And honestly, my love of Verity intensifies. Does she get crap in the fandom for being human and also uhhhhhh... touchy?

• Like x 1
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I haven't seen any crap, but mostly because I see... almost nothing of her at all :P Which is a real shame, because it takes some doing to get me to like a human in my robot soup, but I really do love Verity. Her and Prowl are my favorite guilty pleasure human/robot ship.

After all the shit he's pulled, it does my heart to see Prowl being gentle and kind with someone, even on a purely platonic level. And her reaching out to him, despite everything she knows about, I just. Hhhhhhhhh.

Also Roadbuster/Hubcap continues to be one of my favorite robot ships, despite... CERTAIN REVELATIONS. It just went from being a fluffy little ship to being glorious, glorious trash. I want to roll around in it forever. I just. I am praying that at least Hubcap makes it out alive. He's so tiny and adorable and I don't care what kind of nonsense he tried to pull. And he's a tough little survivor. He survived Roadbuster, didn't he?

You know, I really ought to see if I can find a writing voice for one of them. Now that this ship has gotten so interesting, I really want to see what I can do with them. Roadbuster's probably tougher than Hubcap, but Hubcap could get annoying to read with the ums and such. Hm. HMMMMM. I need my intravenous injection of garbage, right now, but what's this nonsense about me having to work for it? Booo. Booooooooo

• Like x 1
  3. Petra

Petra space case

No, that all makes perfect sense. I love how the characters are aliens with alien biology and how that results in prejudice and oppression in very... human ways, if that makes sense?

• Like x 3
  4. Petra

Petra space case

Aw, no, more Verity, fandom!

Honestly I ship Verity/Stakeout. Need more deets of their five years together, which were apparently the 'time [he] felt most alive' in his 'thousands of years alive', and lead to him being 'as loyal to [her] as [he] was to Optimus Prime'. Like, damn, that's some strong feelings. Give me some context, writers! Build this ship up!

• Like x 2
  5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I'm a little sad that she's saying that actually because functionalism and the ramifications of it are some of my favorite parts of the series. :(

And also all the parts where people turning into planes or cars or beastmodes is like... actually really goid for tension and movement and justifications for getting from point A to point B really fast. The combiners were just a super big thing and like... all of the colonies have distinct cultural significance the occasionally is reflected in their alt-modes and I just... The aliens are the interesting parts! Them being alien is interesting!

edit: I recognize that they all have different writers and some of the arcs and plots set up by one may not be fully realized by another but I swear to fucking god if Starscream gets reverted to "totally evil nothing he does was good after all" I am going to be livid. There's a lot of really interesting ambiguity in the way he's handling things and trying to stay on top but honestly the dude would probably be a little less horrifying if someone actually like... tried genuinely trusting him.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like x 9
  6. spockandawe

Ahhhh yes, definitely. I left them out because it makes me sad :( He was such a good dude, he didn't deserve to get caught up in a giant whale robot's transformation cog. He's one of the decentest dudes in that whole miniseries, really. I also ship him and Carnivac, and I am so glad that at least Carnivac was there to hold his hand at the end. He told his companions he was going to interrogate the guy, and then instead he only comforted Stakeout as he died :CCCCC I just. GAHHHH, this miniseries, it hurts me.

• Like x 2
  7. Petra

Petra space case

Also I had the hilaribad idea that

Part of Stakeout's conviction that even touching Verity would be bad for her condition is maybe they did a wee bit of experimentation and he's convinced that's what gave her megacancer or whatever she's dying of.

EDIT: Like okay she's been around a LOT of robots for like. A decade probably? Since she was a vulnerable non-adult fleshling. But he's scared to even touch her. And I understand not wanting to do anything to worsen her condition, but even before we figure out the true source of the energy spike that hurt her, she's been around enough transformers that if one touching her would worsen her condition by any noticable extent, the damage has been long done.

But if he thinks HE caused it in specific, for SOME reason, than his behavior makes even more sense.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like x 4
  8. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

Her interviews are just making me want to drop my advanced pull on the series and wait and see how it's going at the first trade. The first Windblade trade was so perfect and ugh.

• Like x 1
  9. Petra

Petra space case

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  10. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I'm now spitereading MTMTE out of boredom. Lets see how long I last

• Like x 7
  11. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

(@Dist i'm glad.... that you are saying all this stuff... because as much as i like the art and the characters and the funny moments from the windblade series.... i am REALLY not crazy about the writing. or the heteronormativity. (ever since you said that she was 'against' the windblade/chromia ship i've been feeling sort of shitty, like the kind of shitty you feel when straight women pretend they're not grossed out by wlw but you can tell that they are. that kind of shitty)

and i really really don't like that she's decided that there's a biological difference between lady bots and dude bots. >:| that pisses me off the more i think about it, and i hate that, i don't want to have bad-feelings attached to the ladies >:| >:| aughhh i was so much happier thinking that all these bots were just like 'yeah i'm a girl'. fuk u scott)

• Like x 9
  12. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah, I was going to read Windblade for worldbuilding, but feeling off about it now. Like a plate of food that's mostly good except some if it is rotting, my appetite has just... gone off.

• Like x 2
  13. Petra

Petra space case

Like. Ummm, there are plenty of reasons not to ship specific woman/woman ships, down to just not feeling it. But if the romance composition of the books are really het compared to MTMTE, it's... it doesn't feel good. I've just recently come to terms with being gay, and it doesn't. feel good.

• Like x 2
  14. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

This is relevant to my interests.

@Mala I did the same thing and then I looked up and a week had gone by where I was just screaming about robots. I hope you enjoy it!

• Like x 2
  15. spockandawe

Good luck to you!! If you have any questions, post here, and I'm sure people will be happy to answer! My reading experience was pretty much the same as forr sirsparklepants, just a few months ago. This is a dangerous series, in the best possible way.

16. Petra

Petra space case

Yeeeah, that was me.

17. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

sssaaaaaame. i had no intention of losing my life to giant alien robots, AND YET, HERE I AM,

18. Petra

Petra space case

MTMTE is a gateway drug, I can attest.

19. Petra

Petra space case

That being said, nothing wrong if you don't end up liking it. But it's so much better than my pre-conceptions of Transformers and exposure through Ray made me expect.

• Like x 3
  20. Petra

Petra space case

Honestly my favorite part about having Verity in an issue (not MTMTE, but miniseries) is how big everyone suddenly is. Without Verity, my brain parses the average sized transformer (like, Rodimus) as being an average-sized person and scales everyone and everything else accordingly.

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice