TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Oh, that's interesting. Hot Topic came through for me, but it's a DIFFERENT set of mystery transformers figures. Also, the pokemon fan in me won't stop screeching that they're basically SHINY versions too!

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  3. spockandawe

Annnd I hit the post button instead of the upload file button. But I caught a shiny constructicon (long haul) and a DINOBOT (swoop)! They also come with tiny accessories, but I'm not taking those out of their bags in the mall.

0512161254~2.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    • Like x 5
  4. Petra

Petra space case

Tiny pouty lips???

:confutoot:

5. Petra

Petra space case

Seriously Swoop has the face of a model there.

• Like x 1
  6. spockandawe

The tiniest! The poutiest!!

0512161302~2.jpg

• Like x 6
  7. Petra

Petra space case

Those cheekbones! That chin! Those lips! You, spock, are in the presence of an adonis.

• Like x 5
  8. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

He's beautiful

• Like x 4
  9. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

So I knew what happened to Cyclonus in #47 ahead of time. But no one told me he lived! I've spent the entire comic thinking Cyclonus would die!

Having read the comic, I am so pissed about the "Cygate is pedophilia" thing. I will probably rant about it in CDCF at some point

Current quadrant ships: Chromedome<3Rewind
    Cyclonus<>/<3Tailgate
    Megatron<3<Rodimus
    Megatron<>Ravage

EDIT: also Cyclonys<3<Whirl
    So what should I look at now?

• Like x 6
  10. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

RID/exRID is fun, especially after Dark Cybertron. And despite all the dumb stuff the writer's been saying, the Windblade series is worth looking at even if only for the art (you'll need exRID to understand some of it and Combiner Wars is a pain to flip back and forth in, but it's pretty good.)

11. spockandawe

Ahhhhhh, that is a nice revelation. That was the most recent issue out when I started, so I was DYING from worry the whole time I had to wait for the next one. And YES, I am totally up for rants on that subject. (also I really like the quadrants there on those last two ships, those are really interesting to think about)

The ex-rid comic series would be a good start! On viewcomic, if you search 'robots in disguise', that should get you in the right ballpark. Sometime in the 30s or so, they changed the series name to just 'the transformers', but viewcomic will carry you right through. However! There is also a windblade miniseries and a windblade ongoing series (where there's a crossover thing with exrid, like with dark cybertron), which complicate reading order a bit, but I made a post about reading order a while back that shouuuuuld help with that if you can dig it up. Slash the follow-up comments had some more information about one-shots that are in that same continuity too, and I enjoyed those a lot

(oh! also you should read Autocracy, for extra backstory on Rodimus especially)

12. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

@Mala your ships are good and you should feel good.

• Like x 1
  13. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Here is the reading order! And then there's my follow-up post right after that with some one-shots that I liked.

• Like x 1
  14. Petra

Petra space case

Oooh, I was looking for the Soundwave spotlight!

15. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

16. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

starting to watch tfp again and oooohhh my god why are these children like this.... Stop Being Like This.....

edit: STOP!!! JUST STOP!!!!! just listen to the giant robots. these children are not endearing themselves to me at all

edit2: may as well make this into an Experience

so far i am annoyed at the children and impressed by the patience of the autobots, because i would have torn miko a new asshole like half an hour ago if i were them

but there was a moment i really liked when everybody's shooting everybody and the kids are cowering in the middle of it, where the audio gets muffled and warped, and the POV is disoriented and time gets distorted slightly and it all felt very stressful and i loved it, it felt like the kids were sort of realizing 'oh shit this is Super Fucked Up and we've made a mistake'

also: ratchet and OP are husbands, which is a weird sentence i never thought i would type out, but here we are

okay onward

• Like x 5
  17. Petra

Petra space case

Megatron I swear if you touch my horrible children I will cut you.

• Like x 3
  18. spockandawe

I'm not posting progress pictures on tumblr, because this is based on lesnee's art and I don't want to post without credit BUT ALSO I don't want to spam them with notifications. But! Progress! This has actually been slow going, because my fic/art mojo came back, and also there's enough color blocking that it's hard for me to stay engaged for any marathon sessions, but I'm getting there. (but augh, I need to finish soon, because curlicuecal sent me her half of our craft trade like a month ago and I'm so behind and I want to start on starscream already, gahhhh)

(also my lighting is awful, sorry)

0512162018~2.jpg

(eta: I'm roughly 43% done. Once I wrap up the midtone blue and the pale purple-grey shadow that I'm in the middle of right now, I'll be about 60% done. why is this so huge I have made a terrible mistake)

• Like x 8
  19. Petra

Petra space case

Okay, now I'm sure this isn't just the younger generation and an AU. Something is going on here. None of this is... rrrreal in the conventional way, I'm betting?

• Like x 1
  20. Petra

Petra space case

OH MY GOD, THIS EXPLAINS MIRAGE AND WHATSHISFACE APPEARING IN IMPOSSIBLE PLACES.

And, and... Mirage. Mirage is an illusionist. Not this sort of illusionist, but I assumed that was what was going on, but what if everyone is stuck in some horrible lotus-eater machine and he's trying to get them out?

...what happens if u die.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice