TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Not going to lie, I snigger every time I reread 'interface with the door panel.' My brain is officially rewired, this is going to be like me trying and failing to be mature when anyone mentions reading something on their nook.

My one big issue with these is that Sunstreaker is so un-handsome when him being handsome and vain is supposed to be such a big plot point! Why did they do that to his poor mouth? :CCCC

But also, he's vain and self-centered, but he's not DUMB. I quietly choose to believe that his stupidest vain moments in this are secretly him doing clumsy cover-ups while he deals with the lingering effects of trauma and struggles to function normally. Why did I do the weird thing? I, I, uh-- I was distracted by my BEAUTIFUL REFLECTION, that's definitely it. Even if I look like an idiot, that's fine, I have to keep up the act, or everyone will know.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    • Like x 6
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I know it's kind of played for laughs, but man, Rodimus really screwed up with Trailcutter.

• Like x 4
  3. spockandawe

And then he tries a last-ditch effort to fix it after the fact, but... yeah, that didn't work :(

Megatron
    did a better job of helping Trailcutter, and they barely had any overlap on board the Lost Light. And this was right after Rodimus really started trying to turn around his command style too. Ahh, Trailcutter gives me a lot of emotions :CCCC

• Like x 2
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I have successfully infected my sister with giantrobotitis

Started her on mtmte and her first words (re: rodimus on the very first panel) were "WHY DOES THIS ROBOT LOOK LIKE IRON MAN?"

edit: other highlights so far:

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    • Like x 10
  5. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

oh fuck TGWP THOUGHT
    "mirage is trapped, forever! there's no way for him to get energon or repair his ship!"

"good thing there are no free autobots who are spaceworthy and could bring him supplies."

"haha, yeah."
    o hey.png

• Like x 2
  6. spockandawe

HA! It's appropriate from an exRiD character standpoint too, because the poor guy feels so left out and neglected XD

• Like x 1
  7. Loq

More conveyed liveblogging, because sis has no kintsugi account but has agreed to let me post her shit here :P

"I guess I have a knack for staying out of harm's-" gets hit by A FUCKING JET LMAO

I hit the sparkeater. Dear lord this is not the best road trip ever lmao
    Who read this and decided it was for twelve point nine years olds like lmao PEOPLE ARE FUCKIGN DYIG FAM

[panels where Roddy's informed about the sparkeater "... ... ... ...cool :)] HOT ROD U FUCKIGN NERD THIS IS A CANNIBAL

[Cy brings TG to the hab for lockdown, drops him on the ground] LIKE HES TOSSING AN UNRULY CAT OFF THE COUNTERTOP. LMAOOOO

[explanation of the DJD, complete with corpse in the background] WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS FOR CHILDREN

• Like x 5
  8. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

• Like x 3
  9. Loq

I don't remember where I stopped last time, so I'm just gonna re-reread until I get to "new" stuff. Onwards!

Roddy, you're a car, why do you have guns in your--
    ...because Cybertron. Right. I really need a big rainbow "FOUR MILLION YEARS OF WAR" gif.

"[...]starting with that skinny little friend of yours." Overlord no. Domey's only got like two friends, he needs those.

Getting more Alien Script in a completely useless context :T can't tell if they're heiroglyphs, letters, numbers... [screaming, saves a screencap for reference anyway]

Dear fucking Primus. That is a lot of robots in that spread. I have never been so glad to not be a comic artist, that looks painful. Major props to the artists behind this issue!

"The targeting visor is designed for people with 100% more eyes than me." I live for Whirl snarking about his disabilities.

Whirl's legs still make me really happy for no reason. They're just so aesthetically pleasing.

aw
    aw pipes
    aw pipes no, baby

Braaaainstoooooooooorm =n= (Also, Rewind being worried about his husband, darlings! ...kinda makes me wonder why he didn't just straight-up ask Domey about the nightmares, though.)

"Guess what? I pressed it. Nothing happened."
    "I didn't see you press it..."
    "Yeah, must've happened off-panel."
    "What's that mean?"
    "No idea."
    part of me is laughing and part of me is crying because I know how this will end eventually

"--and no sign of the word 'hermeneutics'!" [snrk]
    Is it a bad thing that I want to hear Percy's initial report? I am Interested.

Awwwwwww Rung. Rung and Fort Max. Y'all are such darlings, really.

I am entertained that the Question Game still exists in Space Robot Universe.

"Not that kind of warpath, but-- [Cy]'s furious!"
    "But why would he-- oh. Unless he found out we're hosting movie night?"
    Tailgate. Bro. Don't host a party in your room without asking your roomie, das r00d. (Also, I wanna see whatever he was trying to build. Is that the replacement horn? Cos that'd be cute.)

"What do you mean, 'I don't know what the problem is, chill out'? Rodimus, the alarms don't just choose to go off!"
    I'm sorry your captain's an idiot, Ratchet.

Dang Ratch, them's some good reflexes.

"If anything happens to me[...] tell Whirl he can have my hands."
    Awww, Ratchet :'D

"OVERLORD! Drift! Ratchet!"
    "Amazing. You speak entirely in names."
    [snrk]

why are overlord's lips so lovingly rendered. is it because robo-GHB isn't allowed facepaint?

oh. fuck. uh. Where exactly in the armor is Minimus situated? Because D8

Swerve narrating gives me life.

REWIND AND DOMEY REUNITING <333

[chanting] FORT! MAX! FORT! MAX! FORT! MAX!

Rewiiiiiiiiiiind making sad faces in the background without even having a face oh god shoot me now I love my darling historian son

oh no oh no I kno wwhat's coming OH NO OH NO NOOOOO

REWIIIIIIIIIIIIND D8

fuck

jsuit
    fuck

I didn't think this would hit so hard again, I knew it was coming and still. I.

Rewind. Chromedome. I.

I'm gonna go eat a chocolate something, I can't deal.

• Like x 6
  10. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

MTME 53 tomorrow!

• Like x 3
  11. Loq

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I am Not Prepared. At least I don't have work tomorrow and can incessantly refresh viewcomic until it goes up!

Edit: more liveblog from sister, who is up to Fort Max's PTSD-induced killing spree!

"Wow, if I'd have known that was the best you've got, I'd have said something genuinely offensive." WHIRL CLAM UR TITS

HE WAS ONLY TARGETING MECHS THAT WERE BLUE???????? fuck Do they remind hi M of himself????????

Don't call ur psychiatrist thimbles whirl

"Well you never threatened to shoot a friend of mine!" THEYRE BONDING

"looks like we need a death to get things moving. Who wants to volunteer?" "I thought you'd never ask" WHIRL SHUT UR FACE

"Rewind, give Swerve your gun and get on your knees." Kinky lmao

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK RUNG IS HEADLESS. THAT'S FICKING ILLEGAL

• Like x 2
  12. spockandawe

That is indeed the replacement horn in progress! I need to see (/make) more art that plays up that Cyclonus is very subtly asymmetrical now (he's asymmetrical with love).

And Overlord has such pretty lips because they're trying to evoke classic Greek statues with his face! I think that tidbit was in the LSOTW text stuff.

Edit: As of a week ago, I finally work in an office where I get a reliable cell phone signal, so I'm planning to refresh until the issue goes up, then reread it like twenty times through the day.

• Like x 5
  13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

GUESS I'LL CROSSPOST THIS HERE TOO JUST BECAUSE

So uh...
    I guess I just wrote over 2k words of AU fanfiction for the local Transformers AU, in which all of my OCs are a Carrier Model/Cassette Model symbiotic cluster, vaguely inspired by the fanfiction "These Games We Play"
    that sure is a thing.
    I haven't really edited it yet, buuuuut I am vaguely proud of it so

Feel My Spark Beat, Feel You Die
    codependency, kidnapping, nonconsensual extensive bodymodding and brainwashing attempts, lots of character deaths

• Like x 2
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

When is exRID 53 supposed to be out? The IDW site just says "May 2016" which is... unhelpful. And I'm super invested in both of these arcs right now.

15. Allenna

I'm not sure. I only pull mtmte. letme check - according the tfwiki it drops tomorrow too!

Also a whole bunch of transformers comics are included in the comixology unlimited. Including some of the spotlights and the original run of Transformers RID and classics and some Prime too.

• Like x 1
  16. Petra

Petra space case

This is beautiful.

Headcanon that Frenzy and Rumble swap paint jobs every once in a while to fuck with people.

• Like x 6
  17. Allenna

They would too.

• Like x 2
  18. Allenna

[​IMG]
    Megatron's family line has a long history of turning into a gun for no good reason.

• Like x 8
  19. Petra

Petra space case

Who invited Gun Gun.

• Like x 6
  20. Petra

Petra space case

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice