TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Was playing too. Prime is prolly my bag, i just don't like to split my focus like that. TFA was cuter, and i dig cute. But I'll prolly come back to Prime.

• Like x 1
  2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

It ocurred to me this morning, but from what we've heard about circuit boosters, are those amphetamines-equivalent?
    bc if fool's energon is working as an anti-psychotic for megs, maybe circuit boosters would have a calming and focusing effect on our resident adhd poster child rodimus.

3. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Hmm. So the two IDW appearances of circuit boosters are Drift in the Dead End, and Roadbuster killing Radar. Do those appear like the effects of amphetamines?

4. winterykite

i'd have to reread those passages, bc i might be ways off!
    i jsut dumped the idea in the thread before i could forget it, honestly

5. asynch

asynch allegedly legendary

Misfire was high on "circuit speeders" in mtmte#7; that also looked like a stimulant of some kind.
    of course, he got high by drinking the syphoned energon of an overdose victim. so who knows what that does to symptoms?

6. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

"not everyone's making it out of this issue alive"

FUCK
    NO
    THEY ARE ALL MY CHILDREN YOU CANT KILL THEM OFF I REFUSE
    (If rewind or Chromedome dies AGAIN I will probably physically cry, jfc just let these tired metal men have something good in their lives)

Edit: I didn't realize there were pages to click through at first
    I AM NOT OKAY

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    • Like x 3
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh god oh god oh god I am not ready I am not ready

• Like x 2
  9. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Oh nooooooooo I got super emotional just reading the preview, and I had to put it down and walk away for a moment, I'm already feeling too many things over this, this issue is going to destroy me :CCCCC

Nickel and Vos team-up is a good. I like this. Not when they're shooting Chromedome, but you know. Generally speaking

Chromedome sending Overlord flying is also a good. Overlord talking about what he did to Rewind 1 is also a good, in a deliciously painful way. Yesss, twist that knife

DEATHSAURUS PLEASE BE HONORABLE AND COOL AND PUT A STOP TO THIS MADNESS, PRETTY PLEASE :C

This trauma-induced outlier business is making me.... nervous. Very nervous. One, because Cyclonus was at the epicenter of that overflow thing with Tailgate, and... he hasn't collapsed yet. Maybe since he was closest, the boost lasted longest for him and the crash is coming later? It feels just like JRO sadism to have him pledge to protect Tailgate and then collapse mid-battle.

Okay, but this trauma-induced outlier business. I'm really worried? Because the person who always volunteer to take Bad Shit to protect or help other people is Whirl, and I don't spot him in the air in any of the battle scenes, just Cyclonus, and I'm really worried, and I CAN'T, YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME

Oh, and also Tailgate says right there on the page that he loves Cyclonus. SO ADD THAT TO THE CYCLONUS WORRY PILE. If either of them dies, I'll die too.

I don't know how I'm going to handle this. I keep trying to think about who I could deal with dying, and.... the best I can figure is Skids, maybe? But I don't want Skids to die! I REALLY don't want him to die! Or Swerve? But I want him to die even less!!! DDDD: I'm so, so worried, the stress of this issue is going to KILL me

• Like x 8
  10. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Oh shit, okay. So this is super, SUPER speculative, but I was trying to think about the trauma-induced spark overflow thing, and how they could possibly hope to do anything emotional to compare to what Tailgate went through. Because there were SO many strong, long-term feelings that fed into the business with Tailgate, Getaway, and Cyclonus. And when it went down, Tailgate thought that someone he loved was dead. So how are they supposed to achieve anything similar in like... an hour?

Well... that stuff I said above. About how the people near Tailgate who received the temporary boost have been crashing. And how Cyclonus hasn't crashed yet. And also please recall how last issue, Cyclonus told Whirl all about how he doesn't deserve Tailgate, but he will do EVERYTHING in his power to keep Tailgate alive. So.... consider:

Battle is happening. Tailgate is absolutely not hanging back or keeping himself safe, because that's not how he rolls when people he cares about are in danger. And ESPECIALLY he's throwing himself into the thick of things because he has these new powers, and what's the point of having them if he doesn't use the HELL out of them, especially at a time like this? But he's still one bot, he's small, and even if he has brute strength, there are... a lot of ways to hurt and kill a person. And he doesn't have the wartime experience of almost every person involved in this fight. So even if he has a temporary advantage, at some point, he starts getting overrun. Cyclonus is like 'oh HELL no' and swoops down to protect Tailgate, because that is what he cares about here, to the exclusion of almost everything else.

And then... what if the crash hits? Cyclonus is grounded, weak, and at this point in the battle, he's almost definitely wounded. He's still going to try to protect Tailgate, because that's what he does. So probably he'll be taking even MORE damage. He's a visible target. He'll catch the eye of experienced fighters, and he'll look like an easy kill. Tailgate is going to try to protect HIM, though, because come on. That is absolutely going to happen. Tailgate's already basically seen Cyclonus die once, he is NOT going to let that happen again. So say Cyclonus is lying there, he's maybe wounded/disabled enough that the fighters don't care about him or think he's dead, and he's watching Tailgate try to take on this whole army to defend him. Tailgate... is not going to win that fight. And Cyclonus, after all the things he's said about how Tailgate is 'the best of us,' and how Tailgate 'towers over him,' after pledging that he'd do anything to protect him and get him through this alive... watches him fall. And there's a situation with emotions on the level of what Tailgate went through in issue 47.

• Like x 6
  11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

How dare D8

• Like x 1
  12. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

there's a lot to react to, but it's all upsetting, so I think I'll just focus on how badass Nickel looks

it's a good look for her, really

• Like x 5
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Cyclonus's little "hnn" when he gets punched into the ground has punched me in the feelings

someone on my dash was like 'what if instead of max trauma they tried something like max joy and got gay married' but I feel like that's not the solution
    but I want it to be

I am genuinely terrified over who's going to live and who's going to die. Like, I am so attached to this entire group, and I don't want to consider any of them being gone forever, because Pipes fucked me up I am still fucked up over Pipes. And Trailbreaker.

pls why are people dying no

• Like x 9
  14. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

i will never not be fucked up about Pipes

• Like x 5
  15. Exohedron

Is Brainstorm still technically dead?

16. Exohedron

Cyclonus got revived at the end if DC. I don't think Brainstorm did.

Edit: nevermind, he was informed and took care of it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  17. winterykite

just read the preview
    im not ok with any of this
    pls survive everyone

• Like x 3
  18. winterykite

people confirmed alive during the flash forward that was stated to come after 55:
    • Rodimus
    • Cyclonus
    • Tailgate
    • Thunderclash (wtf are you doing there dude)
    • Ten
    • Nautica
    • Whirl
    • Brainstorm
    • Swerve
    • Ultra Magnus
    • Perceptor
    • Rung
    • Chromedome
    • Rewind
    • Megatron
    • Nightbeat
    • Velocity
    • Ravage
    • a couple more people whose names i don't know
    CONSPICIOUSLY ABSENT:
    • Ratchet
    • Drift
    honestly i hope those two are just somewhere in a quiet corner fragging.
    but...
    ;;_;;
    jro please dont kill drift and/or ratchet

• Like x 1
  19. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

it just occurred to me that in the midst of everything exploding and being generally awful
    where is First Aid, and has anyone called him up lately? (I know he wandered off to be in some crossover, but I didn't read it)
    is he going to head back to the Lost Light, not knowing what's up, and stumble into the Awful Getaway Mutiny Party

I miss him :(

• Like x 3
  20. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

RATCHET IS FORBIDDEN FROM DEATH

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice