TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Keep in mind that death doesn't always stick in mtmte. We've all seen many fake outs and surprise reveals. Only a handful of semi developed characters have died so far and I'd be a little surprise if that trend changed.

Edit: have a song to tide you over-

I can't seperate transformers from eighties music in my head. The two go together like hair volumizer and glitter

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

3. Allenna

well fuck

• Like x 3
  4. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Welp, I was wrong!

Skids ;_;.

It seems kind of weird that Tailgate's boost was something anyone could do. Also that it nearly killed (well, did kill) Skids while Tailgate had strength boosted from the beginning. And I really want to know what he was going to say to Brainstorm.

The Fool's Energon reveal was, I think, a letdown. There was an opportunity to have a really interesting story about medication there and nope, it was just a magic feather all along.

I'm unconvinced that Megatron's actually dead. Out of all the characters, he's survived some pretty ridiculous things and I don't think Overlord would kill him outright. Not straight away.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    • Like x 6
  5. Allenna

On the engeron: unless Ratchet was lying. Velocity seemed to think it was real.

• Like x 4
  6. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

she does say she hasn't analysed it though.

But yeah, I could see Ratchet lying if he thought that was the only way to get Megatron to help. Even if the energon is real, some of its effect is probably psychosomatic and even a weakened Megatron is a very dangerous fighter with his cannon

• Like x 5
  7. Allenna

All I can think of is how many fic things have been jossed. daammnn you jro! *shakes fist*

• Like x 3
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh god oh god oh god
    here I go

I'm still utterly in love with the fact that the new Maximus Ambus armor has shoulder mounted turrets to be operated by minibots, I love Brainstorm so so much
    Also I still have a hard time actually following what is going on in chaotic battle scenes
    Chromedome punching people who talk shit to him about Rewind I's death: the compilation
    Nickel and Vos being badass together is good why are they shoting my favs? :c
    okay tailgate flexing during velocity's explanation is the cutest thing ever but I'm just
    Lottie no
    "Not unless the victim is a willing volunteer" I DON'T LIKE WHERE THIS IS HEADING
    NOT SKIDS
    I LOVE SKIDS
    NO HOLY SHIT SKIDS THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA AT ALL WHAT THE FUCK
    oh my fucking god rewind just facepalming
    NO STOP FUCKING ENABLING CHROMEDOME'S ISSUES, ALL OF YOU WHAT IN THE NAME OF PRIMUS
    HE ALREADY JUST ALMOST DIED WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK
    "I'm sorry I don't do that anymore" BLESS. GOOD. I AM PROUD OF YOU DOMEY.
    OH
    OH MY GOD
    HOLY SHITTTTTT
    I JUST REALLY HOPE SKIDS SURVIVES THIS

"Ask me what I used to do for a living!" "What?" "Same as I do now, Dirtwad. Waste Disposal" Tailgate deserves awards for the cocky shit talking he comes up with. I love him. So much.
    Ohhhhhhh my god Rodimus you darling son you precious showoff did oyu just LIGHT YOURSELF ON FIRE?
    NO NO OH MY FUCKING GOD
    THEY CAN'T ALREADY BE CRASHING THAT'S NOT GOOD
    FUCK

DON'T KILL OFF SKIDS PLEASE
    FUCK
    oh god poor Megs he's having an anxiety attack about this. oh noooo
    oh
    oh my god
    i
    his face
    fuc k
    ALSO WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK OPTIMUS JUST
    WHAT THE FUCK
    YOU PUT HIM ON A PLACEBO? THE GUY WHO HAS A PHOBIA OF HIS MIND BEING TINKERED WITH. YOU PUT THAT GUY ON A PLACEBO? I SWEAR TO FUCK
    okay i mean at least he did it so megatron didn't damage his internals but still WHAT THE FUCK
    NONONONONONONO I CAN SEE THAT IN THE BACKGROUDN NO
    NO
    FUCK FUCK FUCK
    NOOOOO
    OH MY GOD
    MEGATRON'S FACE
    WE DO NOT DESERVE THIS EMOTIONAL HELL I LOVE RAVAGE WHY
    FUCK TARN WITH A RUSTY SPORK
    jesus and skids' first thought upon waking up is talking to brainstorm because of quark I AM NOT OKAY
    I AM SO NOT OKAY
    GIVE ME RAVAGE BACk QnQ
    OH GOD NO
    YOU CANNOT DO THAT
    HIS STATUE IS OFF
    FUCK FUCK FUCK RATCHET WHAT ARE YOU DOING
    NO
    NO
    NONONONONONO
    I'M CRYING THEY CAN'T DO THSI TO ME NO
    I am very glad that megs is gonna wipe the floor with bad guys now but I am not gonna be okay with the fallout of this right?
    DEATHSAURUS YOU FUCKING PUSHOVER
    DON'T DO THAT
    Megs rescued ravage and ravage is still alive oh good lord. BUT SKIDS TTnTT

I-is rodimus aactually saluting megatron? and calling him captain? holy shit the boy is intimidated isn't he
    YES BRING RAVAGE TO RATCHET

FUCK YOU JRO YOU CAN'T KILL MEGS
    YOU CAN'T SHOW HIM QUIETLY GOING "no..." EITHER THIS IS ILLEGAL
    YOU C A N N O T
    OH NO POOR NAUTICA CRYING OVER SKIDS' CORPSE OH NOOOO
    Rodimus trying to cheer megatron on from inside is killing me too
    NO
    THEY CANNOT
    NO
    RODIMUS' FACE
    OH MY FUKCING
    THEY CAN'T KILL MEGATRON IT'S-- IT'S IMPOSSIBLE
    HOW
    I AM NOT OKAY WITH ANY OF THIS

• Like x 10
  9. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

I HATE BEING RIGHT!!!!!!!! IT'S THE WORST!!!!!

SKIDS !!!!!!!!!! Skids........ no......... oh god oh god nautica holding his body im SO SAD

RAVAGE!!!! god please let ravage be okay, I love my memecat .......

tarn you son of a bitch I hate you, I HAAAAAAATE you and i hope deathsaurus gives you what you deserve

I'M!!! SO!!!! SAD!!!!!

• Like x 2
  10. applechime

god.... okay other not-as-sad reactions....

drift called roddy hot-shot...... roddy finally did the set-himself-on-fire thing...... "driiiiift!"

well the "scum" thing has finally been explained. "I'm Scum! ...why am I Scum?" THANKS FOR RETROACTIVELY RUINING ONE OF MY FAVOURITE JOKES IN THE SERIES, JRO!!!!!!

ratchet sassing megatron is a beloved classic

and. look. skids/nautica was a fucking fantastic ship and I'm genuinely devastated right now

also, at the end: where the FUCK are magnus, cyclonus, tailgate, swerve, and rewind??? I Am Afraid

also: megatron pull yourself together for fuck's sake, IT WAS JUST A FUSION CANNON, YOU STILL HAVE FISTS, STAND UP!!!!! DONT LET YOUR SHITTY PROBLEM CHILDREN KICK YOU AROUND LIKE THIS!!!!! YOURE HURTING RODIMUS!!!!!

• Like x 8
  11. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

oh god no no no no

edit:
    that response was for Ravage, but it just kept going D:

literally reading this was this first thing I did after waking up

• Like x 5
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

WE HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST BODY YET WE HAVEN'T SEEN THE BODY YET WE HAVEN'T SEEN THE BODY YET

RAVAAAAAAGE D8

• Like x 8
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

oh nooooo skiiids oh noooooo this is so BABY

SCREAMS
    SCREAMS
    SCREAMS AND POINTS
    RODIMUS!!!! DID THE THING!!!!!!!! HE DID THE THING MY BOY DID THE THING!!
    and then promptly collapsed but baby you looked so good doing it

bro holy fuck
    holy fuck holy fuck WELL AT LEAST THEY WERENT UNLAWFULLY ADMINISTERING SOMETHING??? i wonder what the hell he wrote in megs' file then, if lotty was under the impression it caused mood changes

RAVAGE NO
    SKIDS NO

tarn that is rude as fuck and ur bf doesn't deserve this kind of treatment

is megatron fuckign dead
    i can't believe they killed megatron

i'm so sad about skids

edit:
    WHERE THE FUCK IS CYCLONUS I REALLY DO NOT LIKE HIM NOT HAVING BEEN ON SCREEN SINCE HE GOT PUNCHED OUT OF THE SKY

• Like x 10
  14. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm just going to copy my tumblr screaming verbatim.

My feelingss will not go gentle into that good night.

I'm reading this at work because it's slow, do let's all pray for my waterproof mascara today. I didn't bring anything to touch up with.

Ohhhh my god, does Maximus have shoulder turrets that Swerve and Rewind are riding in? That's the *coolest* thing, holy shit.

Overlord oh my God you awful fucker. (Hi Domey, you have your arm back!)

HOLY *SHIT* WHAT A PUNCH.

"I thought someone I love had died" aaaaaaaah my shipper heart

Oh Chromedome bb ;___;

(is that skids? I am so bad at blue robot recognition)

Tailgate darling! What a line.

Roddy that was so neat! But oh noooo

M E G S. STOP GIVING ME THESE FEELINGS. UNACCEPTABLE. (I feel u so hard tho omg)

WHAT. WHAT IS THIS. WHAT THE FUCK.

RAVAGE. FUCKING NO.

SKIIIIIIDS. YOU ASSHOLES.

*M E G A T R O N.* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tarn. Tarn, friend. Why you do this. (Deathsaurus looks so pretty in this panel. What an elegant profile.)

WJAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE *FUUUUUUUCK* HOW CAN YOU LEAVE IT THERE. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Edit: and I managed not to smudge my makeup at all somehow!

• Like x 9
  15. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Okay, now that I've had two hours to calm down, let's see

I feel bad for being glad that Skids is dead, but... Okay, so if they didn't have someone die for real, that would be a hella cop out, given the stakes and the way they're SO outnumbered. But I thought the other prime death candidates were Ravage (I thought we lost him, but please let my awful cat son be okay ;_; ), Nightbeat (no), or Brainstorm (NO!!!!). I'm not okay with losing Skids, but I think I'm relatively okay with losing Skids. Compared to the other characters who could have died. Especially with the way he went out.
    And oh my god, I didn't even realize. Holy SHIT is that sad now, I'm not okay with this. How is the writing in this series so fucking good, it makes me so angry

I do have one little nitpick, though. I liked it being a super-rare, super-special case for Tailgate's spark to do the thing like that, not that it's something possible to induce for anyone. Because as extreme a trauma as you'd need to set it off, like... this was a long, awful war. You'd think this kind of thing had been seen more often and its effects would be understood if it was possible for anyone to do it.

Although!! GOOD JOB CHROMEDOME, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. You maintain those boundaries! You keep yourself alive, please, it would be the actual worst thing if Rewind let Dominus die to save you, then you turned right around and did the self-destructive thing again. This is good. If you'd agreed to mnemosurgery someone up so soon after Dominus, *I* would have punched you.

Also, it occurs to me that Chromedome must have been sitting on the knowledge of what happened to Quark for a long time now, and the role Skids played in it. And this is Brainstorm's thing, but I don't think he could have known much beyond the fact that Quark died in Grindcore. Knowing the role that Skids played, that wouldn't have like... helped him at all. It would have probably just made things more painful knowing that Quark's death was the result of one, Skids collaborating with pre-Tarn, and two, the result of Skids trying to be kind to Quark. And it seems like it would have made it hard for him to be friends with Skids, knowing that. Gah, I have a headache and I'm not sure how clear I'm being. But Brainstorm kept quiet about Chromedome's history of memory-erasing after his husbands died, except when he had chances to stop Chromedome from doing it again, because bringing it up out of the blue would have just hurt Chromedome and wouldn't have accomplished anything productive. I like the parallel of Chromedome keeping quiet about the details of what happened with Quark because it would only have made Brainstorm hurt. Are these two amica endurae yet? Because they totally should be amica endurae.

Um, let's see. I want Deathsaurus to TURN ON FUCKING TARN ALREADY, OH MY GOD. He killed one of his men in front of you, he's forcing your men who you legitimately care deeply about into a battle where you think you've been played. He's quietly taking his own men out of that same fight. This is fucked up, dude, he's using you. You need to bail before things go to hell. You're clearly not comfortable, you need to trust your instincts and get the fuck out of dodge.

I'm also REALLY liking the reveal about fool's energon! Because one, it's super fucking sketchy of Optimus, and I love it. Also it's sensible, because Megatron's apparently in such a fragile state that they can't even do a spark extraction on him, which seems like a fairly routine procedure, and Megatron already has a point one percenter spark, which is.... presumably naturally robust? I really like putting him on a placebo that isn't going to actually risk fucking him up internally.
    That being said, I didn't even think of that angle!!! EXTRA FUCKING SKETCHY OF OPTIMUS, MMMM *rubs plot point all over body* No, I liked this before, and now I love it. Also, something I didn't think of the first time I read this through! Ratchet knew about the fool's energon, and he was presumably the only one. But that means Optimus was hiding it from Rodimus too. I mean... we already know all about how hungry Rodimus is for his approval and the way Optimus is still controlling and goes over his head and doesn't take him seriously. But this is a big deal. He hijacked Rodimus's personal ship (since it was a privately-purchased present from Drift) to install Megatron as co-captain. He told the people in need-to-know positions on the ship that Megatron was taking this drug to keep him weak. Which is kind of an important thing when you've got the ex-Decepticon commander, who has committed countless atrocities and killed countless people, leading a 99% Autobot ship. And that was all a lie. I don't think Rodimus could have known, because dude doesn't have much self-restraint, I think he would have brought it up before now. Just... what an incredibly shitty way for Optimus to undermine Rodimus's authority. How awful. I love it.

And... I don't believe Megatron is dead. I almost think JRO might do it, especially after the way Ratchet called him the fuck out for being selfish. But not like this. This is too much of an anticlimax. Megatron used a gun, okay. But that doesn't even begin to tap into his charisma and force of personality as a weapon. Everyone he's fighting is used to obeying him. Except Overlord :P Having his end just come down to GUNS is pretty dull. Maybe the shooty noises are Overlord turning on Tarn? Because even if they're like 'we'll do it together!', I just honest-to-god don't believe these two are capable of actually playing nice together.

Also, there's the solicit for the next issue
    "You are being deceived."

I think it's almost got to be Megatron making some kind of big reveal about Tarn. Overlord is... Overlord. He's going to do his thing. But Deathsaurus is already uneasy about this fight, unhappy about the way his men are being forced into a massacre, and Tarn killed one of his own men right in front of Deathsaurus, something that's explicitly out of joint with his moral code. And Deathsaurus commands the vast majority of the fighters in the field. He's the weak point, I think he has to be the thing to hit if people want to make it out of this alive. And I don't know who could do that any better than Megatron.

Also! Unrelated to any of this, but check out the cover for issue 56, WE'VE GOT RED ALERT AND FORT MAX AND IT'S GONNA BE ABOUT TITANS

• Like x 10
  16. applechime

@spockandawe once again your brains proves itself to be magical, i hadn't even CONSIDERED half these things, and now i am Even More Devastated, Thanks.

i love this tumblr post for the CD + grindcore thing

• Like x 8
  17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

@IvyLB mentioned Getaway finding out Skids had died and boy wouldn't it be the kicker
    if he was the only one

Getaway manufactures this entire plot to kill Megs and his 'sympathizers' and the only one he manages to kill is his old best friend.

• Like x 12
  18. IvyLB

I just really want Getaway to hear about the fact that Skids' death is a direct result of his fucking mutiny
    and suffer for it
    I want Getaway to be destroyed by this revelation.
    I want him to blame himself for this.
    Fuck you Getaway.
    i was ninja'd BUT THE POINT STILL STANDS :')

• Like x 9
  19. applechime

• Like x 1
  20. IvyLB

Also I just want to say that this phrase reliably gives me goosebumps. It is just.
    So great. SO emotionally significant. So filled with baggage.

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice