TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

Oh man, I forgot how great Whirl's holomatter avatar is. Can we just have Whirl running around as his avatar for the next thirteen issues?

• Like x 3
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I am really impressed with Whirl this issue. That was some excellent quick thinking. It's sad that he won't remember doing it.

Also like. Ow. That whole entire thing, ow. I am emotionally compromised.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  3. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

So, uh. Any theories on whatever that glowing light is at the end? The only thing that comes to mind is maybe the sword-energy he got stabbed with, in 21, but I doubt it would linger that long/create that sort of reaction. Plus, I don't think it'll save Cyclonus, whatever it is, that'd be too easy. ;_;

edit: ...I wonder if Tailgate is an outlier. huh

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    • Like x 5
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

My theory was the spark energy thing, but the possibility that he might be an outlier had also occurred to me. Maybe it's some combination of the two? He has super battery powers, or something? James Roberts has said that the crying light thing is unique to Tailgate. And... maybe it's just me being an overly optimistic sap, but I think it will save Cyclonus. Their song is Power of Love, after all. It'll at least improve his state from "rest in pieces" to "at death's door." And I think I remember seeing something about how Cyclonus will be key in the next issue? But I might be making that up :P There is the description of MTMTE 48, though, which implies that someone previously thought dead is not in fact dead... ahhh idk idk

• Like x 5
  5. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Tailgate is actually the Matrix. He's got the touch. He's got the power.
    Now they're going to cut him open to find the star map.

• Like x 3
  6. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

Hey more well versed fans, help a very outdated fan out. I need a IDW G1 Transformer associated with sound/music that isn't Soundwave. Also if anyone has any sort of references of heights compared to humans I would be greatful.

Also human doesn't look like a real word anymore. What is my life.

7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Tarn of the Decepticon Justice Division is associated with music, among other things. I could swear there are others, but none are coming to mind just now... why do you want to know? Just curious?

• Like x 2
  8. Allenna

I will try to sum it up in a way that is not terrible and wince inducing:

Creating a character that's an Bio-tech android created by an Alt timeline Earth. In said timeline Transformers made it to Earth in well pieces. People of earth went "oooo". Tech took big huge leaps people weren't really read for morally and otherwise, leap went to bio-tech androids that could look either like a slimmed down not transforming mini bots to very human looks "babies" that "can really grow and learn!(tm) (some upgrades necessary to grow from infant to teenager) ". Long story short people realized they'd created actually living things, but not before a prototype 'child soldier' model was made as a proof of concept. Looks enough like a child to freak out enemy tropes but still 'fake' enough that your troops won't get attached, perfect! Right? Wrong. Anyways, the prototype was a mix of the "baby" model (more toddler in her case) and actually stuff from the wreckage they found - for the weaponry etc - which leads the prototype (which later when activated/initialized/given life) having peices of at least two Transformers built into her - one of which is Trailbreaker (force field).

The music/sound thing is because I want her to have vocalization modulation that can do all those fun things we humans have to use synthesizers to make our voices do, plus an affinity to music (which while can be partly learned some things wouldn't have been purposeful built into something original meant for war.) I'm trying to walk the line between mary sue and special and have some of the 'special' things out the character in a way belong to others.

And from there it gets complicated and into the plot of a fic that deals with Cyberstions not being able to make anymore of themselves and some other stuff that I don't want to bore people with atm. I'm pretty much trying to get a chunk of research done and key points laid out and planned so that when I can have hard copies of the tradebacks in my hands, I can start writing.

9. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

On Hedonia in the MTMTE run, when Ultra Magnus is super hella drunk and is talking with Swerve, he starts to say that music really moves him and when Swerve asks what kind of music, he starts to say ALL kinds before cutting himself off. But I'm not familiar enough with the non-mtmte parts of the continuity to say whether that's a character point anywhere else.

• Like x 3
  10. Allenna

I'm playing in MTMTE so it's all good.

11. syntacticParadox

syntacticParadox Well-Known Member

(Note: using my fantroll account to post since I'm in moderation otherwise and I'm all but WANT TALK ROBOTS. I'm also Rosella.)

I will try to sum it up in a way that is not terrible and wince inducing:

Creating a character that's an Bio-tech android created by an Alt timeline Earth. In said timeline Transformers made it to Earth in well pieces. People of earth went "oooo". Tech took big huge leaps people weren't really read for morally and otherwise, leap went to bio-tech androids that could look either like a slimmed down not transforming mini bots to very human looks "babies" that "can really grow and learn!(tm) (some upgrades necessary to grow from infant to teenager) ". Long story short people realized they'd created actually living things, but not before a prototype 'child soldier' model was made as a proof of concept. Looks enough like a child to freak out enemy tropes but still 'fake' enough that your troops won't get attached, perfect! Right? Wrong. Anyways, the prototype was a mix of the "baby" model (more toddler in her case) and actually stuff from the wreckage they found - for the weaponry etc - which leads the prototype (which later when activated/initialized/given life) having peices of at least two Transformers built into her - one of which is Trailbreaker (force field).

The music/sound thing is because I want her to have vocalization modulation that can do all those fun things we humans have to use synthesizers to make our voices do, plus an affinity to music (which while can be partly learned some things wouldn't have been purposeful built into something original meant for war.) I'm trying to walk the line between mary sue and special and have some of the 'special' things out the character in a way belong to others.
    And from there it gets complicated and into the plot of a fic that deals with Cyberstions not being able to make anymore of themselves and some other stuff that I don't want to bore people with atm. I'm pretty much trying to get a chunk of research done and key points laid out and planned so that when I can have hard copies of the tradebacks in my hands, I can start writing.

I'm playing in MTMTE so it's all good.

• Like x 2
  12. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Maybe Blaster (also known as Broadblast and Twincast), Soundwave's Autobot repaintcounterpart?
    There's also Cyclonus' singing.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    • Like x 2
  13. syntacticParadox

Thank you. ^_^

14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

That character backstory sounds really neat! It sounds like there's some hella fun worldbuilding in that alternate history :D You said you were "playing in MTMTE," are you making her for an RP?

You might want to look into Outliers, which are Cybertronians with unique powers, basically the equivalent of mutants. Tarn is implied to be an outlier, though I don't think it's been absolutely confirmed, and his powers are in his voice - he can modulate the frequency of his speech to literally talk someone to death (though it only works on Cybertronians, I think, because it acts on sparks). If that doesn't fit the bill and if you don't mind having an OC made out of another OC, you could just make up a different Outlier. Or possibly just use any old bot? I'm not sure exactly what the standard Cybertronian's vocal abilities are, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were naturally capable of making sounds outside of a human's capabilities.

I know there are also robots who just like to sing, who would probably be better at it than the average Cybertronian. Sky-Byte is the only one I can think of atm (I have a bit of a soft spot for him ^_^) but there are probably robot pop stars running around too.

• Like x 2
  15. syntacticParadox

No. My main RP partner isn't much of a TF fan, she's for a fic - though she isn't at all the main character. That's going to be a spot held more by Cyclonus and Tailgate, with a side of Ultra Magnus and Swerve. I do not know how the fandom feels about OCs, and while I do have some Rodmius plans, she'll be a plot character so to speak (She gets the plot of the fic moving, asking for the Lost Light's assistance in responding into a distress signal from the planet she grew up on -- like I said it gets complicated and involves Cybertrionian's that fled the war to a new world and a ship of Bio-Tech android refuges from the Alt Timeline and probably silly to anyone not me.)

Ohhh, yes I should look into that. I'm probably overthinking it and just her having a voice modulator from a Cybertrionian's would be enough.

• Like x 2
  16. Allenna

Thanks ^_^

17. Allenna

Most of my knowledge is as old as the animated movie sadly. I'm trying to get up to speed but wiki diving can only do so much no matter how much the tfwiki is a gift to all, and I only have a few digital copies of mtmee run, so.

• Like x 1
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

@Allenna ...I was going to link you to a place to read all the comics online, but it looks like the site is down :( When it isn't down, the comics are all up here, but in the meantime I could get you a download link if you want? I think I have most if not all of MTMTE on google docs.

edit: no, I only have up until #26. But I could probably find the rest pretty easily!

19. Allenna

Thank you. ^_^ I still plan to buy them because I work better with hard copy references - easier to flip through to find just what I need (writing Dr Strange fic and having to look through tons of pdfs for one reference from an issue in 1975 is not nothing I recommend).

• Like x 1
  20. Allenna

The site is back up! Though looks like I need to catch up on the full IDW G1 run. XD Oh the horror and torment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice