TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Petra

Petra space case

New headcanon until disproven.

Meanwhile Ravage slipped in and out of wherever they were and got whatever they needed. Rodimus was just providing the distraction, not that he knows it.

• Like x 6
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

It's a good thing he'd changed his name to Rodimus some time ago, or else everyone would be calling him "Cold Rod".

• Like x 9
  3. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

See, I'm capable of ignoring the shit out of whatever wacky hijinks might occur with GI Joe et al because sometimes canon is dumb - comic books tend to be especially dumb when corporate gets involved and crossovers happen for no good reason - and if it gets too ludicrous I roll my eyes and only pay attention to stuff that actually matters /makes shooing motions at the excess humans trying to invade the robot alien territory/

[​IMG]

I accept the potential new Rodimus color scheme and embrace my son in solidarity for what'll probably turn out to be a silly recolor done for the sole purpose of selling more toys. He'll probably be back to the old colors after whatever major plot event comes next so meh

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    • Like x 4
  4. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I'm not worried about the Lost Light side of things! I'm pretty happy with where it looks like it'll be going plot-wise, especially since Getaway's bullshit is going to have Impact, and TAOO seems like it'll keep being a lovely corner of the comics universe. But I'm so upset about exrid. If they legit wanted to worldbuild around the effects that cybertronians were having on earth, I'd love that! Because a lot of what we've seen so far is that humans are Assholes, and they're assholes to all of the best and purest cybertronians especially and they do horrible things that are so very horrible, etc., etc. ever since Sunstreaker's thing, so... Infiltration, pretty much, beginning of phase one. As things develop, the assholery is understandable, given the destruction cybertronians wreak, but it's never explored.

Playing around with the large-scale effect of cybertronian influence on earth would be pretty much the only way I'm interested in involving more squishy humans, and... GI Joe is not that. That organization is big enough that saying they haven't done anything while humans are making treaties with aliens and some countries are integrating them into their militaries and oh yeah that one time they half-destroyed NYC, I just... nope. There is no way they can make me buy that, and I have no faith that GI Joe will be entertaining and engaging enough to make me stop caring about my suspension of disbelief, plus there are gonna be so many stinking legacy characters that they'll be trying to give screen time to.

And Rom's whole Thing is about how the Dire Wraiths or whatever are invading earth and killing humans and taking their place, etc. If that was going to jive with Transformers, that would need to be like... the entire plot. And if the Dire Wraiths aren't a factor on earth (which they totally were meant to be, it's supposed to eventually become a full-scale invasion, full military engagement and everything), Rom should be either moping about trying to get his human form back (boring and lame), or he should be off fighting the Dire Wraiths, wherever they are. Also these robots I know and love are gorgeous and wonderful and epic and Rom looks really fucking silly. He looks like a cheap doll a baby cybertronian would play with. And his girlfriend looks sillier. Iirc, she has a flat diamond head with a metal ponytail. Nope. I want to give this series a chance, because they still have their claws in so many of my favorite characters, but I just can't see any way they can pull this off where I won't loathe it.

Megatron even states that Megatron grooming Starscream to lead the Decepticons. During AHM, Starscream tried to pull off a coup on earth, a coup that was humorously, obviously doomed for failure. His co-conspirators betrayed him to Megatron in like two seconds flat, which is another flavor of sadness all on its own. And the coup wasn't even all that selfish. It was like 'why are we wasting our time farting around in this one destroyed human city, we should be conquering planetary systems', and Megatron was like fuck u I do what I want. But after he shut Starscream down, he was like 'one day, you will lead the decepticons. it will happen in its proper time, not when you decide you're going to overthrow me.' And then... Megaton dies (apparently), their group of Decepticons is driven off into exile in shambles, and Starscream steps up to take charge.

Shockingly, he's not magically able to turn complete and utter failure into instant success. And the minute Megatron is rebuilt, literally the first thing he does is go looking for Starscream with the stated intention of beating the shit out of him. And it's brutal. It's hard to watch. Megatron blames him for everything that's wrong, even though without resources or the respect of his troops, Starscream pretty much kept things... holding steady. They're in a bad spot, but it's nearly the same bad sot as they were in when Megatron apparently died. So Megatron taunts Starscream and rubs his face in his failures until Starscream finally lashes out at him, and Megatron uses that as an excuse to physically beat him. He literally pounds the guy's face into the ground until it's all dented and he's got a tooth missing, and it's all very upsetting to read. God, I love that spotlight, it makes me so sad.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    • Like x 9
  5. spockandawe

• Like x 7
  6. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Going off of my previous comment, Rodimus trying to remind everyone that "Blue fires are hotter than red ones!" and everyone just smiling indulgently and replying "Of course they are; you're totally correct about that, Cold Rod."

• Like x 11
  7. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

Been burned too many times by comic book writers promising the big changes mandated on the universe by the suits won't effect things at all -- only to have everything change. I really think adding the other toy lines in is a stupid messy money grab. I do not trust Hasbro. Look at the Jem movie and how HARD they fucked that up when they seriously could have just done a revamped version of the second Equestria Girl's movie and people would have loved it. I'd hope IDW would be mostly safe from hasbro and it's stupidity marketing.

• Like x 1
  8. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

The only thing that would make me feel better about Rodimus' color change is if that is his original paint colors and for reasons he had to go back to it and not the flame colors he picked for himself as soon as he could.

• Like x 1
  9. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

I KNOW, god. The colors are pretty, but they work about as well for Rodimus as feathers on a fish >>;. I kind of like the idea that he painted himself that way because he was so impressed by megatron during Dying of the Light (even his autobot badge glows purple). I hope it's just a phase-
    [​IMG]
    source

Sometimes I feel compassion for Starscream, but he's just so horrible to other characters and makes such bad decisions that it doesn't last very long. Megatron is a stone cold ruthless killer in TFP. He lacks the shades of grey of IDW Megatron, and he's brutal and terrifying. That's alot ot put up with, Starscream definitely doesn't have it easy. But at the same time, Starscream never passes up an opportunity to hurt other people with words, even if it would be in his best interest to say nothing.

• Like x 4
  10. mizushimo

Im gonna post this on tumblr when its finished-
    "My name is Azure Ruin'ous Rust Hallow Spark and I have sleek azure spoilers (that's how I got my name) with black etching and sharp tips that fan out from my back and ice blue eyes like moody sparks and a lot of people tell me that I look like Overlord (And if you don't know who he is get the hell out of hear because that guy ruined my life)

After that, I can't madlib through the opening paragraph of My Immortal anymore, it'll require more thought.

• Like x 13
  11. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

spock i'm gonna need a written apology for the unexpected punch to the heart that i have just received >:'(

• Like x 5
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Haven´t read IDW obviously, but for me what I see in TFP just goes into nobody deserves that, you can´t be enough of an asshole to deserve that territory.

• Like x 2
  13. mizushimo

Nobody deserves to be singled out by TFP Megatron (that guy is seriously bad news, he's just awful). TFP Starscream manages to get himself into extra trouble even when Megatron is not around because he can't stop being an asshole to everyone he meets.

Whoa, looks like I missed huge chunks of this conversation last night

I wish I could draw transformers so badly right now. The world needs pink megs and checkboard UM

PFFFT! Can we call him that anyway?

I love everyone at this bar

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    • Like x 3
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Still watching TFP: Damn Knockout your boobies.

• Like x 4
  15. mizushimo

Finally finished my Cold Rod tribute-
    [​IMG]
    My name is Azure Ruin'ous Rust Hallow Spark and I have sleek azure spoilers (That’s how I got my name) with black etching and sharp tips that fan out from my back and ice blue eyes like moody sparks and a lot of mechs tell me I look like Overlord (and if you don’t know who he is get the hell out of here). I’m not related to Optimus Prime but I wish I was because he’s a major fucking hottie. I am a tortured soul but also very handsome. I am the captain of the Lost Light and I fly through space on an important quest. I’m a goth (in case you couldn’t tell) and I get my aesthetic from Topictron. For example, today I am painted blue and brooding purple, with a violet autobot badge which shows that I am serious and committed to this lifestyle. I was walking outside the ship and it was raining and snowing space particles, so there was no sun (because outer space) which I was very happy about. Megatron and Ultra Magnus stared at me from inside the ship. I put up my middle finger at them.
    tumblr link
    That was, without a doubt, one of the cringiest things I've ever written while sober.

• Like x 12
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

That's beautiful

• Like x 3
  17. Petra

Petra space case

Random question - anyone else read IDW G1 Ironfist as autistic?

• Like x 2
  18. spockandawe

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY YES! The perseveration and the awkward social stuff (more in Chromedome's flashback than in lsotw) pinged me SO fucking hard. Honestly, I'm taking that to be pretty much intentionally canonical, if unstated, like ultra magnus and ocpd.

• Like x 3
  19. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah, I'm at Chromedome's flashback in my reread and was like 'hot damn, this boy is autistic'. Presumably he managed to get less socially awkward in the 4 million years between the start of the war and lsotw, although he doesn't really perseverate any less.

Let Ironfist have special interests.

-bangs fists on table-

• Like x 3
  20. spockandawe

Somewhere, I can't remember where, one of the creative crew said that the difference between his flashback appearance and lsotw appearance are that the boy got himself a primal-vanguard-looking helmet and faceplate! Makes me happy, holding onto affectionate pieces of an old special interest, even if he's perseverating on something else at the moment. I love Ironfist so muchhhhhhhhhh

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice