TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Petra

Petra space case

I'm glad that Chromedome wasn't making fun of Ironfist.

• Like x 2
  2. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

• Like x 2
  3. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

...I still can't believe the Jazz/Prowl Love Anon is a real thing in this world. I wonder if people like that and Equara Hate Anon get together on the weekends for brunch or something

• Like x 4
  4. Petra

Petra space case

Write Prowl pining after Chromedome.

jk.

• Like x 3
  5. Petra

Petra space case

Also @spockandawe Your latest Whirl/Tailgate/Cyclonus fic was suuuuper hot and adorable. Sparkplay is interesting!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Like x 2
  6. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

On the Rodimus pallette swap drama front, It seems we have..kind of an answer?
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Black_Rodimus_Convoy
    There's a new version of the Rodimus toy with kind of the same colors (more black and less purple). The character is called 'Black Rodimus Convoy', he's the physical embodiment of Rodimus' reluctance and insecurities. This might be another case of MTMTE drawing in another obscure character from the g1 continuity? Something batshit may happen and we'll have Rodimus and Anti-Rodimus running around for awhile.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Black_Rodimus_Convoy

Ooh, I think you're on to something. Can we ship them?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    • Like x 6
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

okay but that concept intrigues me a lot. It sounds cheesy as fuck right now but given the writer team I actually trust this to be handled in an interesting way :D

• Like x 3
  8. Petra

Petra space case

Hypothetical question: in an AU where Tailgate made it to the Ark and ended up stuck in hellworld death universe with the rest of them, under the insane thumbs of Jihaxus and Galvatron, how do you think his relationship with Cyclonus would develop? I'm thinking one thing that would make it hard for them to make friends in the early days is the huge status gap: Cyclonus is the prize bodyguard of the probably insanely controlling Galvatron, Tailgate is a newbie waste disposal minibot. Perhaps when everything goes to hell, they have to work together for some reason to get back to the rest of the crew?

-rubs chin-

• Like x 7
  9. Petra

Petra space case

What if Tailgate triggered his outlier powers in the dead universe. And became a test subject for Jihaxus. Brrr.

• Like x 7
  10. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

...Okay, bear with me here

Exhibit A: Jhiaxus's bizarre nose hair things
    [​IMG]

Exhibit B: Tailgate's signature move, involving poking people in the face holes
    [​IMG]

Conclusion: Tailgate Prime saves the day by accidentally jamming his fingers up Jhiaxus's nose in a heretofore unknown mnemosurgical technique

• Like x 11
  11. Petra

Petra space case

IvyLB-Today at 12:56 PM
    ... how cruel would it be if EVEN THEN they aren't like
    officially conjunxes

Petra-Today at 12:57 PM
    well, galvatron wouldn't have allowed it
    would he have
    mental block

IvyLB-Today at 12:58 PM
    I assume the whole "Galvatron wouldn't allow it" might be enough that they BOTH don't really consider the possibility that they are both in love and Galvatron literally doesn't figure into the equation anymore

Petra-Today at 12:58 PM
    yeah
    exactly
    they're just friends
    just partners. partners in the field.
    what's a friend.
    not them!!!
    tailgate is just
    just cyclonus' assistant
    that's all
    y/n

IvyLB-Today at 1:00 PM
    pretty much
    while everyone around them is like
    "should- should we...
    say something or?"
    Tailgate literally sits on Cyclonus' lap, holding his hand JUST PARTNERS DOING PARTNER THING

• Like x 10
  12. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Hm, since most mechs on the LL remembered Cyclonus mind-controlled rampage and didn't really trust him, what if that's the reason why Tailgate ended up rooming with him? Because Tailgate didn't have a reason to, well, not to?

(But imagine sweet Tailgate who was with them in the dead universe, still open and honest and reaching out to people, and treating Cyclonus as this kinda odd mixture of I've-known-you-for-a-long-time-and-I-admire-you-and-we're-the-only-survivors-but-sorta-respectful-distance-because-hella-superior)
    and then imagine what deaduniverse!tailgate wouldve done to getaway

• Like x 8
  13. Petra

Petra space case

A Tailgate who is sweet and bubbly not just because he's genuinely so, but as a defense mechanism because he's used to being surrounded by much bigger, much higher-on-the-arbitrary-social-order-Galvatron-enforced bots, and if he doesn't make himself useful what's going to happen? A Tailgate who is an obsessive seeker of validation not for the main timeline reason of he's scared to be forgotten, but because he's scared to NOT pump up egos.

• Like x 10
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Idk how, but while watching TFP I have wound up shipping Starscream with Knockout and Breakdown. (First Knockscream. Starout? But you can´t separate the evil husbands, so obviously Knockout and Breakdown acquire Starscream.)

• Like x 7
  15. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

@Petra thank you for this, I will be mentally rolling around in this idea all day.

• Like x 2
  16. Petra

Petra space case

Tailgate going along with Getaway's flirtnipulations until Getaway tells him the plan, at which point he drags Getaway to Security. Getaway assuming Tailgate is a pushover because he's a people-pleasure. Tailgate not telling Cyclonus he's just playing along because Cyclonus can't act, and it damaging their relationship for a bit.

• Like x 9
  17. winterykite

wouldnt that be a beautiful mess for rung to detangle, heh.

• Like x 3
  18. winterykite

would tailgate even tell cyclonus when he gets the cybercrosis diagnosis?

19. Petra

Petra space case

I don't know. Depends on if he thinks he deserves it for some reason, probably.

20. Petra

Petra space case

Petra-Today at 1:35 PM
    Tailgate having as many weird unexplained neurosis as Cyclonus
    as a result of, well, Galvatron
    and Jihaxus, in his case

IvyLB-Today at 1:36 PM
    yes very very good

Petra-Today at 1:36 PM
    Tailgate hearing about Galvatron coming back

IvyLB-Today at 1:36 PM
    oh my god Tailgate and Cyclonus huddling together for EVER about that
    then suddenly growing more distant than before to everyone's worry

Petra-Today at 1:37 PM
    cause like. as hard as Cyclonus must have got it, Tailgate would also have an especially hard time, because he's young, he's small, he's an outlier (eventually), he is Low On The Social Order

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice