TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I am so weak against this kind of thing ;_; FINE. I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE. But any keywords you can give me to help me google more of this sort of jargon would be awesome, if you have them.

• Like x 4
  2. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I go back into the shop on Friday, assuming the book hasn't sold by then (unlikely. it's a book from 1961 about vibration milling) I'm willing to scan/copy a chunk of it for you if you want!

• Like x 3
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

*smooches ur feet in thanks*

• Like x 1
  4. spockandawe

'Vibration milling' should be enough to work from, but thank you!! I'm hoping I can turn this around nice and easy today or tomorrow depending how work goes, but if I get stuck, I'll give you another ping! :D

• Like x 1
  5. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

It would be my pleasure, considering how awesome your writing is. xP

• Like x 2
  6. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Complete nonsequiter, but it seems that I joined these forms on 8/08/, which was the day that the first transformers movie came out (Rodimus & co's birthday!). I was fated from the beginning to join this fandom.

• Like x 2
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

This is a charity speedrun of the 2015 video game Transformers: Devastation, which as far as I can tell is supposed to be IDWverse. By halfcoordinated who is a physically disabled speedrunner and just in general incredibly snarky and funny. And he called for all donators to try and out-Transformers-Pun eachother.
    It's incredibly is what I'm saying. You should all watch it.

Edit: also since he's playing as Sideswipe I'm just going to elect to believe this is a dream Sideswipe is having, considering the rate at which he mows through Decepticons :P

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    • Like x 3
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

So, apparently the same guy who plays Soundwave and Megatron ALSO played nearly every single iteration of Fred from Scooby Doo.

• Like x 7
  9. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

alright decepticons, let's split up and look for clues!

• Like x 9
  10. meowtini on the rocks

meowtini on the rocks Active Member

I know which fic you're talking about and oh my god it broke my heart like. I want to reread it because the first few chapters were so good, and then.

That ending.

And I can't.

• Like x 2
  11. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

When I read that fic, the ending struck me verrry much as a hastily thrown together 'I started this fic but have no idea how to continue/finish it, so might as well just try to reset everything to status quo' patch job from an author who probably didn't have the interest to go any further with the idea. If that was how they originally planned to end the fic all along and not just a fast cop out, I'd be hella surprised. And hell, I can respect when an author runs out of spoons or inspiration and can't finish something, but it's always a damn shame, because the whiplash from the abrupt ending really throws you out of the immersion and leaves the whole fic reading experience really...meh

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    • Like x 2
  12. applechime

hm. hmmm. i am reading an incredibly long fic and i am not sure how i feel about it. hmmmmm. it has the most graphic torture scenes i've ever read in a fic, which is super not my jam, and it's also got schmoop beyond comprehension which isn't really my jam, but it's also very twisted which is kinda my jam, but there are also babies which are not particularly my jam, but it also has super intense devoted power-play aspects to the relationship which is 100000% my jam, so.

I Am Confusion. i don't know if want

but like i'm almost 200k in with no intention of stopping, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 4
  13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

what fic tho

Also, whoever recced Delicacy earlier, thank you and also I hate you, the first third was {great} bedtime reading last night :P I will fully admit to skimming some of the skeevier stuff because this is a really fun story but... haaaahaha, yeah, Dead Dove tags all over.

• Like x 3
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

#relatable

• Like x 2
  15. applechime

it is by the same authors as Delicacy, called "Starcrossed"!! it is super fucked up, and the romance is a liiittle too overblown for my tastes. and yet. here i am, still reading :psyduck:

HEED THE TAGS if you read it, it just jumps right the fuck in to the fucked up-edness and does not stop

• Like x 3
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

well I know what I'm looking at when I finish Delicacy :P

• Like x 2
  17. Petra

Petra space case

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    • Like x 3
  18. spockandawe

Guess who got hit with unexpected Starscream/Rodimus feelings! I don't know how on earth I started writing, because I am so, so exhausted and I just wanted to play some dumb vidya games. But then I had some emotional moments that occurred to me, and whoops, I accidentally 1.3k of fic. And this is going to be a standalone too. Because motherfucking Starscream hedges and wriggles so much that it's next to impossible trying to write him in a short story. Maybe tomorrow I will Starscream/Windblade femdom just to see if I can get him to work in any sort of concise way. But for now, I've got this:

Starscream turns again. “This isn’t just for you either. Think about it. The trial wasn’t all that long ago, it won’t take much to swing public opinion against him--”

“Is this about Megatron?”

There’s a moment where you and Starscream just look at each other. And then he laughs high and tight and bitter, and turns away. “Finally caught up, I suppose? Then let me ask again. Has he done anything to you?

“I-- No, I, he--”

“Not necessarily physical. Maybe mental. Emotional. Perhaps even just something you didn’t want to do, until he… persuades you that you really would like to do it. Not even necessarily anything that hurt you.” You can hear him slowly vent. “Though he does certainly like hurting.”

You’re still stumbling over your words. “No, no-- We-- I mean, just look at me.” You hold out your arms, looking over yourself like you’ll suddenly discover injuries you’ve never spotted before. “Just look. Not a scratch on me.”

And Starscream is there, right in front of you. He grabs you by the shoulders and speaks low and urgent. “Internal? Was it internal? He knows how to not leave marks. He knows. And you could be risking serious damage.” He curses. “Your medic is too young, he might not know what to look for. Listen, I can take you to Flatline, he knows how to keep his mouth shut. Or he can talk to your medic, give him a heads up. But you need to see someone right away, if any of that damage extends to your spark chamber, you could--”

So that's about half the setup taken care of, I just need to expand on Rodimus getting used to feeling not-hate-y things towards Starscream, cover a little more anxiety, soften out Starscream's fear, ease past that self-inflicted blow to the pride, and then turn things into kisses. Too much to write tonight, but. It's happening. Totally happening. In between ridiculous overtime and secret craft present adventures, I neeeeeeeeed things for me, and this and the Trepan/Overlord wip have all my emotional bases covered.

• Like x 10
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Is that fic the one that´s gonna have the Megatron Starscream ship in?

20. spockandawe

In a past, abusive sense! But it's pretty much just going to be about the Starscream/Rodimus thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice