TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Note: there is a good, normal-universe Big Daddy; the one @coldstars linked to is the Shattered Glass version.

• Like x 2
  2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

dirt boss is adorable

ratchet that is a lie
    I mean if it weren't he wouldn't be wrong but

wheeljack you little shit

SOUNDY
    IS THAT SOUNDY
    (I still have Problems with TFP alts unless it's the main bots tbh, scanning new ones is #pr96lematic)

cassette smol!
    okay "surveillance drone" whatever
    where's her brother

wh
    I think I need to turn subtitles on, I could swear that line was "this is no time to be hot-dogging" but that makes no sense

"what are you doing" well obviously he's playing chicken with the birdformer surveillance drone

noooooooooo beeeeeeeak

awww that's my girl, take him down with you :D

""it""" >:[ laserbeak is not an it I refuse

I still love soundy's design like goddamn

ratchet how long have you been working on this corner-case possibility

the tentacles, they return

RAF

SO ANIME
    TELL ME THAT WASN'T THE ROBOT EQUIVALENT OF "SLICES OFF A SINGLE STRAND OF HAIR"

gotcher nose

aaa that little stumble
    god I love the animation

what is the soundstick of doom???

oh nooooooo daddy soundwave gotta get his babbybird

[sigh of adoration as soundwave is silhouetted against the night sky]

...I will not go through all scenes of decepticon writing to translate them I will not go through all scenes of decepticon writing to translate them I will not go through all scenes of decepticon writing to translate them

...I completely missed that Las was Soundy's chestpiece while he's in root that's adorable
    it's like a hug

oooooooooooooooooh no
    oh no
    knockout you're gonna get hit

well that should be an interesting flashback episode

• Like x 3
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I love TFP Soundwave. He's so pretty.

• Like x 4
  4. Loq

who needs dinner I have robots
    aaaaaaaaaaaaa a non-stasis'ed hive!!!! :D

oh yay finally confirmation that insecticons are sapient

I wonder if fowler's delirium lines were scripted

don't like sulfur, bulk? :P

god insecticons are so pretty

~get your eggs here! fresh and white eggs are here!~

...buddy that is kryptonite, it's even fuckin green

...I mean. That's. That's a mineral of some sort, assuming it works like energon. It's not gone forever. Good fuckin luck getting it back within a human lifespan, but... cybertronians aren't human.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

...the next episode summary is "Miko and Wheeljack on a quest for revenge." This can in {no way} end badly.
    INADVISABLE REVENGE QUEST HO

...I need sparkles to properly yell about this but I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S NOT HOW DEFIBRILLATION SHOULD BE USED
    [distressed researcher squawking]
    admittedly we have no clue how cybertronians work but
    why that particular shorthand for "medical emergency"
    st o p

fowler's Trying

decepticon command is a well-oiled efficient machine, tumblr is a perfectly functional website, there is no war in ba sing se

welp we know who's dying next
    boo
    I wanted hardshell to stick around

oh good they didn't actually ignore repercussions, it's just 'cos the bots are inexperienced with human tech and the kids are... kids

"giving up"? miko for all you know wheel's been called in to go assassinate a motherfucker

MIKO YOU LIL SHIT WHEN DID YOU

oh nooooooo ko

oh look another spat of infighting
    ho hum just another day in the decepticons

wheeljack is a horrible guardian but it's kinda nice that he just trusts the tiny squishy to do her job

see miko battle is dangerous when you can't ride around in the tank, maybe learn some self-preservation off this

run riiiiight into the stockpile of high explosives
    I mean the cons probably won't intentionally shoot towards it but

WHEELJACK WE COULD'VE USED THAT
    YOU KNOW, FOR THE UPCOMING SURGERY
    OR TO EAT, SINCE "ENERGON SHORTAGE" IS A THING AND THE CONS HOLD ALL THE MINES

megs has pretty shoulders too
    his armor does a considerably better job hiding the joints than OP's does, too

miko you are allowed to nap, jackie will wake you when you hit the target

awwwwwww wheeljack
    ...how many little Wreckers did he have to talk through the post-battle jitters and guilt
    oh no now I'm sad :C

jackie I hope you know she's gonna find a way out anyway
    miko is Bad at following orders

wheeljack's fighting, I expect at least one more big splosion

wow jackie the functionism is strong with you

I kinda wish they'd stop worf effect'ing wheeljack, like
    first soundwave kicks his ass and now hardshell, and I won't say it wasn't fun with soundy but like
    He's a wrecker and he's survived this long, he shouldn't be getting punted around so much =/

RED IS GUNS MIKO HAVE FUN BABYGIRL

THAT'S MY GIRL

THE SWAAAAAAAARM :D

miko why did you think he only ever had one
    also, wheeljack, learn to pocket dimension, you need to carry more than one explosive

and once again: FEELINGS ABOUT WHEELJACK AS A SURVIVING WRECKER WITH SMOLS UNDER HIS COMMAND

WOW arcee

ratchet you're such a pessimist about your own work, you said "may not ever be fully functional" about Bee's cog too and he's fine now

...wheeljack you still need doctoring get back here with your limp and your dislocated arm
    for Reasons I was out of autoplay and I accidentally clicked on season 2 of voltron instead
    those are the wrong robots go back

Shockwave? I don't think we've seen TFP Shockwave yet...

warship IN SPACE FOR ONCE

flashback time? or just the same frametype?

flashback, called it

miko, how long has he been conscious? give the guy some time to recover from Deadly Neurotoxins!

miko
    miko maybe let the actual doctor handle the pt

OP's neck is wonderfully articulated there

thank you for interfering ratchet

this is probably trying to be a Very Special Episode about coping but. thank you modern transformers for being so well-written wrt trauma both physical and mental

I keep getting really disoriented that Tailgate and Arcee were a couple partners in this 'verse
    I mean I want to see the marshmallow interact with another porcupine but

"every interrogation technique" as soundwave just tippytaps away in the background. "yeah sure. uh huh. have fun with that"

cliff has had six lines since episode 1 and I love him already

beefcake shockwave is my new life
    also I love the HAL9000 reference with his eye gone red in this continuity

...the fact that Shockwave invented TFP-flavor mnemosurgery is. Kind of ironic, given his IDW backstory.

Cliffy is a bard until someone can convince me otherwise

BLUFF HARDER

awwww cliff
    it's not your fault, you passed the check, but...

cliffy. cliffy shoot out the controls.

cliffy<>arcee forever

[slow cat blinks of friendship]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Like x 3
  5. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Yeah, so it turns out that this kind of obsessive re-re-re-read is the only kind of hyperfocus I can apparently manage these days (see: the reason I haven't managed to put down mtmte revolution for half a week), and I really enjoy absorbing trivia (I am a gelatinous trivia mass) and I also love wiki binging and synthesizing factlets. It sure is a combo :B

So basically I'm going to be going back over this series with... not with a fine-toothed comb, just with a complete inability to focus on literally anything else. And every time spock hurts itself in its confusion, I absolutely plan to share the pain. If anyone has any characters they want to hurt extra over, let me know and I may be able to do something about it. I was just trying to lock down characterizations for Crankcase and his boyfriend, and instead I tripped over Misfire and Krok and broke my nose. Come, friends, come into my warm embrace and let me bleed on you.

(tbh the only thing that happened last night was that I noticed Krok's pet had a wiki page and was curious and ohh fuck why is there an mtmte screenshot why is it that screenshot nO STOP HURTING ME WHY IS THIS HAPPENING)

Edit: Krok and company found Fulcrum on Clemency, yeah? Well when Misfire is put on death row and makes his wacky, daring escape in the background of the Tyrest arc, what planet is he on? Constancy. There's probably something to be said about thematic whatsits there, but I'm too lazy to do it right now.

(ps also these early scavenger issues are actually very distressing when you zoom in on them, I have upset myself again :V )

• Like x 9
  6. spockandawe

ps, while I'm here, let me dump these screenshots on you so I can close some of these comic tabs

I was too busy being distracted by the mech the comic just tricked me into loving being tortured, melted, and shredded, but hey, check it, we've got alt modes for Helex and Tesarus! And I know Tesarus has tank treads in his root mode, but it is real fuckin freaky seeing that death machine on the move.

Edit: nope, these panels are just deceptively cropped, plus the guys in question have weird anatomy (looking you and your tiny extra arms, helex) and now I feel extra cheated that we never even got to see two of the most unique alt modes in action :(

djd 1.jpg

More things I was distracted from by the torture! Look at Tarn's dialogue here. Really look at it. HOLY SHIT, YOU DORK. YOU GODDAMN DORK. You shouldn't be this precious and ridiculous while you're torturing someone, you need to stop that right now. Goddammit, I think I have to write Tarn/Shockwave now, just so I can try to tap into some of this nonsense.

djd 2.jpg

And the last important thing I never noticed! Tarn's mouth!! Exciting! We see close-ups of his eyes at several points, but I think this is the only time we see his mouth while the mask is still on.

djd 3.jpg

(pps, the marks on tarn's mask over his eyes look like they could have toooootally come from some kind of.... canine, perhaps. Some small animal. Maybe one that was tagging along with his group for some reason. Just saying :3c)

• Like x 6
  7. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Pipes

if you have the time, anyway.

• Like x 2
  8. Loq

"new recruit" oh dear
    ...wait, is this where we get the Rescue Bots nod

bee wants to be an internet sensation guys
    just let bee be a meme

Raf has better eyes than I do because that is a Mysterious Pixelly Triangle as far as I can tell

wow ratchet
    grumpy protective dad go

OP's neck remains beautifully rendered

that blue glow is not promising

...oh boy

ratchet that is Not Helpful

we're in coldharbour now

...he sounds like Blades but looks like Prowl-Spock Combob, what is this

and there's the Holy Shit face

kiiiiid

....buddy. buddy the THIRTEEN ARE INVOLVED IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO CONSIDER UNIVERSE-HOPPING, WHERE IS VECTOR PRIME

BUUUUUUUUUULK

starscream is a memelord pass it on

gottagofast

SMOKESCREEN DO NOT STICK YA DICK IN AN INSECTICON STASIS PODEGG
    NOT EVEN ONE WITH A PRETTY SPIDERFORMER IN

come on writers just make up new rock names
    it's all gotta be some form of energon? really? I'm like 80% sure cybertron has more than one sort of mineral in it

that fuckign classic white pickup keeps coming back

well ain't this dock familiar

screamer. buddy. why not armor up before confronting the enemy

"stiletto-heeled creep"
    are you telling me Cybertron had stilettos
    were they knife stilettos or shoe stilettos

I'm still getting serious Alchemist aesthetic feels off the armor tbh

SMOKESCREEEEEEN
    GET AWAY FROM THE EXTRACTOR

...scream ya gotta know how volatile energon is. who's to say a fall impact wouldn't just blow up your precious rocks

8DDDD
    LOOK AT MY SHITTY IMPULSIVE SON
    I'M ADOPTING THIS ONE TOO NOW

kiddo
    kiddo stop grandstanding the battle isn't over

welp
    ...I wonder how energon's explosive qualities work, honestly
    is it heat? pressure? a combination?

miko
    miko you're not helping
    what part of "possibly permanent neurological damage" didn't parse
    I mean this is pretty realistic but :< dammit miko

...next episode preview has headmaster Breakdown on the preview and the summary mentions Silas, I think it is time for me to do a sleep before I get sad again

• Like x 3
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

both pls.

• Like x 4
  10. Loq

I mean given they're made of metal shoe stilettos could very well double as knife stilettos but
    which came first

• Like x 4
  11. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm going with knives, if only because the Cybertronians value fighting a lot, given how much of it has happened in their history. (Was it this thread that discussed how weird it was that their history only goes back less than 20 million years when dying of old age doesn't seem to be a thing and that amount of time could theoretically be only one dead generation away anyway?)

Anyway I think, given functionism, the decorative purpose was a happy coincidence.

• Like x 6
  12. sirsparklepants

Double post but ever since I wrote the architecture meta, every time I see "functionism" written my brain spits out "form follows function", and given the apparent taboo against body modification under functionist government, what do you want to bet that was a pithy government propaganda slogan in the vein of 1984?

• Like x 6
  13. Exohedron

@spockandawe I don't think those are altmodes. You can see their arms.

14. spockandawe

Ah, boo, you're right. I was thrown off by Helex's weird tiny arms, they exit his body at a STRANGE angle. I thought that had to be some kind of alt mode anatomy, but nope. Tiny extra arms that stick out straight ahead from his waist. And Tesarus's forearms are that color that doesn't show up anywhere else on him, so I didn't even parse that as being part of him at first :<

Booooooo I am irritated at this tease, those panels are cropped JUST right to make it hard to tell that these bots are in root mode. Helex's chin sits pretty close to his chest, it is pretty much immediately off the top edge of the panel. Tesarus's head is barely cropped out too, but they only showed the top of his far shoulder and even managed to cut out 95% of his near arm, which really takes some doing. Mannnnn, it would have been awesome to see what these other guys turned into, but we just get a couple Kaons and a tiny bit of Vos. They tease me with these intriguing functions and exciting tire treads, these two bots have some of the most unique, exciting kibble, and they don't show me what happens? BOOOOOOOO.

(though now I'm wondering what's up with that tank tread sticking out of Tesarus's butt. I read it too fast, as I do, and parsed that as being shoulder treads acting as alt mode treads and showing he was on the go. But it doesn't actually line up with the top or bottom edge of the treads we do see. His only other treads are built into his shins. I can't tell what that part of the picture is, but Alex Milne generally knows what he's doing. Hm.)

• Like x 1
  15. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Tesarus's butt treads vs Chromedome's shoulder heelies, a race to the finish - who would win

• Like x 3
  16. Exohedron

All I can guess is that the treads are to dispose of the stuff that he's ground up inside him. I think at some point we see (pieces of) someone coming out of his back and being conveyed away by the treads.
    Other than that i have no idea.

17. spockandawe

[​IMG]

Just popping in to remind people that Swerve, despite being out of practice as a metallurgist and being dumped into an emergency situation with zero warning, managed to develop a cure for cybercrosis, which has been universally incurable and fatal for upwards of six million years, and was something even Dominus Ambus wasn't able to fix even while he was questing for that cure specifically. And this also happens just after Swerve has found out that Tailgate, one of the people he's closest to, probably one of the few people he feels he can realistically call a friend, has been keeping his impending death a secret from him. And then despite being responsible for this ground-breaking, revolutionary advance in medicine, it doesn't take Swerve long at all to slide into crippling depression, isolating himself, actively hiding how badly he's doing, and letting his health slip further and further until he comes this close to death by self-neglect.

• Like x 9
  18. Petra

Petra space case

@spockandawe

There's a reason I named my guzzlord Teselex in pokemon moon.

[​IMG]

Extra arms, giant grinders, and menace!

• Like x 3
  19. sirsparklepants

@spockandawe your tendency to give me crippling feels attacks that I tend to read right before I go to bed is murder.

• Like x 1
  20. spockandawe

I finally managed to finish a thing! Not any of the things I was trying to work on, of course, but I still have 2000 words of tailgate and cyclonus and tailgate. And not in a cute and sexy way, unfortunately :smithsad: Maybe I'll have to fix that in the future. But for now, I have a new one-shot compilation document to roll around in!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice