TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

HEY SO something neat happened at work today!!!

co-worker and i were talking comics (as one does) while she was wrapping a customer's present. i had just started in on my 'please please please read transformers please do not be deterred by the inherent silliness please ' spiel and she kind of said "you really like transformers huh" to which i obviously responded "i love transformers so goddamn much"

meanwhile the customer is kind of glancing between us and eventually says, "you know, i've got a brother who's super into transformers. he and his friends are actually in this band? they do music from the original cartoon and dress like the characters."

and i'm thinking 'haha holy shit YES' but also thinking the cosplay is probably kind of shit, and that it's just some little nerd band.

BUT THEN!!!

customer continues, "they play at a lot of big cons. people wanted them to go on America's Got Talent, but y'know they're all Canadian, so."

AND THEN SHE SHOWS ME THIS GODDAMN PICTURE:
    [​IMG]

they are called Cybertronic Spree and they are the transformers band, they are NERD FAMOUS, IT IS INCREDIBLE

LOOK!!! AT THAT!!! SOUNDWAVE!!

• Like x 10
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

WOW. That is... not what I'd been expecting. Holy shit, that's intense! That Soundwave!! Ye olde Hot Rod! Whoever's cosplaying Sparkplug/Spike has got it super easy, I've got to say. Ahhhh, Arcee's helmet!! This is all so cool! I want to learn how to do the thing! They need to spill on how they did all these. I, too, wish to become Soundwave, tell me your secrets

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like x 3
  3. Petra

Petra space case

Is that a Quintesson?

• Like x 2
  4. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

yeah!! the ultimate band, of course. according to the customer, hot rod's lead singer. rumble is, shockingly, on drums. isn't it wonderful

• Like x 4
  5. Petra

Petra space case

The troll part of me says the drummer should go by Rumble or Frenzy. 50/50 split.

• Like x 6
  6. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Alternatively, stick with Rumble, because of course Rumble is on drums, but switch the color scheme for every show.

• Like x 6
  7. Petra

Petra space case

YES.

• Like x 2
  8. Petra

Petra space case

Imagine: a cartoon where Rumble was yellow and Frenzy was purple. new veins of fan rage.

• Like x 5
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

....that would be wonderful.

• Like x 1
  10. Petra

Petra space case

Rumble is purple Frenzy is also purple.

• Like x 3
  11. spockandawe

Rumble and Frenzy doing a Hitachiin twins thing where they switch colors back and forth and Soundwave is the only one who can reliably tell them apart. except where the Hitachiin twins are plain ol' humans, Rumble and Frenzy have specialized robot powers in the middle of this giant war, and if they're left unsupervised, Starscream will be like 'Rumble!! Pound your way through these Autobot fortifications!!' but Rumble isn't even on this mission and Frenzy is just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(alternately: mood ring outlier powers for rumble and frenzy. fans can argue about what their emotional spectrum of colors even is, and which mech is experiencing which emotions in every scene, and every time you think you have it figured out, things change on you)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like x 8
  12. spockandawe

The real reason Soundwave and Shockwave hate each other: fighting over who gets to use the SW pesterchum abbreviation

(skywarp periodically wades in and pretends like he wants it for himself, just to confuse the issue extra)

• Like x 9
  13. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Sometimes you just wind up with pages and pages of pesterchum handle discourse where the only way to tell all the SW: apart is by the color of the text (and Skywarp's gratuitous use of chatspeak), except they all use shades of blue/purple so really, nobody wins. Nobody

SW: If you are not emotionally invested in the handle...I fail to see the logic of you claiming it so vehemently.
    SW: That argument is serves no purpose. I am not emotionally invested in anything.
    SW: lol, nerds

• Like x 7
  14. spockandawe

Skywarp/Bumblebee! In continuity with the Starscream/Bumblebee, but this installment is sfw and palerom flavored. Neither of those conditions will continue to hold true in further installments of the story. I bet you'll never guess who story three is going to be about :V

• Like x 6
  15. Petra

Petra space case

Miranda.

16. spockandawe

Allo allo, I was about to regretfully delete this abandoned cyswervegate content from my conglomerate fic wip document, but I reread it and I actually really like the voice that was coming together for Swerve, so ima just go ahead and subject you guys to it before it disappears from my computer

Okay, at first when Tailgate suggests the thing, you think it’s a joke. Because you don’t think he’d be mean on purpose. Right? And he definitely can’t be serious about it. So! A joke. But when you try to laugh it off, he insists that no, really, he totally does mean it. He and Cyclonus want to know if you want to get together in their quarters when you’re free.

Yeah, and— Ha, you see, that kind of reads like. Like if someone was taking those words, presented that way, they might come away from the conversation thinking that. You know. But Tailgate laughs and says that yes, they mean you know. And that’s why he’s here to ask you.

You mean. You say yes. What else are you supposed to say? Are you supposed to ask what the punchline is? No, because if you have to ask, the punchline automatically becomes you. You don’t have a reason to say no. You’re on board, except for the way you can’t honestly believe this is a thing that’s happening, and the way you can’t shake the feeling that there’s a joke somewhere in this that nobody bothered to tell you about.

ANYWAYS. Tailgate asks you about it just as you’re opening your bar up for the day. On the one hand, good, because there aren’t many people around to watch. On the other hand, it leaves you to think about this all day. Not ideal.

You have distractions. Which are good! Your life is all about those distractions. Finding new distractions. An endless search for new distractions. Distraction quest. You’ve got work, but Ratchet stops in for a few drinks, and once he settles in he always stays for a while. Bluestreak comes by too, and it’s good to have someone around who chatters as much as you do. Whirl won’t stop talking about human movies, which would be right up your lane, but he only wants to talk about avant-garde art films (shame on him for not appreciating the pure distilled comedy that is the Marx brothers).

So by the time you’re shutting up shop for the day, you’ve managed to keep yourself busy enough that you haven’t quite convinced yourself to make a run for it. You… have a meeting you forgot about? A meeting with yourself? Can’t keep rescheduling that—

Luckily! Before you have time to make yourself look like (too much of) an idiot, Tailgate slips into the bar to wait for you to finish up. He just stands and rocks back and forth on his feet, heels to toes, making some casual conversation while you wrap things up. Which is good! Casual conversation is good! If he can do the casual part, maybe you can manage something like conversation.

eta: also, you guys know the emotional fun that comes from working through Feelings by either creating or consuming fanworks? Especially when a character hits you hard as it me, how intense that feels? Gueeeeess who's going to write thundercracker writing self-insert rpf screenplays because he has Emotions! :DDDDD

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like x 7
  17. spockandawe

Well. This is really cute, so of course my brain turned around and did a really not-cute thing with it :V It's short, but Galvatron/Cyclonus(/everybody), only implied nsfw, definitely some awful consent practices, and just a pinch of robot body shaming!

Happy valentine's day ★⌒ヽ( ͡° ε ͡°)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • Like x 7
  18. Petra

Petra space case

Pssst, typo! <3

19. spockandawe

fRICK

I tend to be decent at proofreading, but when my brain decides to glitch out, it's always the silliest, most obvious mistakes that slip by. Thanks for the heads up!

(also ao3 is letting me edit on a chapter-by-chapter basis, but giving me 503 errors when i try to update my ships/tags, why this thing)

20. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Your ship tags have grown too powerful and can no longer be contained by AO3's mere mortal bonds D:

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice