TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Petra

Petra space case

2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

What if Lug was a spark that never attached to her own sentio metallico but somehow still survived, and is sticking around Anode because blacksmith senses are especially attuned to Weird Incorporeal Shit since they have to 'read' sparks and help protoforms develop into their natural shape? (Also, someone remind me to tangentially yell about how that probably got misused by functionists in both timelines.) I was gonna say 'what if that snowflake was her snowflake,' but if that's the case I'd think they wouldn't be planning to sell it off to whatsisface after retrieving it...

OR
    What if Brain Ghost Lug (split-spark twins Lug and Anode, not closely twined enough that Anode died when Lug did? Romantic pair? Something else???) and when the group gets back together in their original universe (and hopefully still on/near Cybertron) Brain Ghosts Bee and Lug teaming up for Ultimate Snark and also figuring out what the shit is even going on with their situation.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    • Like x 3
  3. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

OH HEY

I was poking around the thread for a snippet of old wip I hoped maybe might have possibly survived (I can recreate it, but... ;-; It was so good the first time. And I'm pretty sure I didn't share it because it was Starscream being Starscream and I wanted people to encounter it in context :C), BUT

Way way way back in MTMTE 2, when Skids bails from his shuttle (which is a bunch of legislacerators legislators), it's starting to transform, and he mentions that 'hey, maybe the shuttle was about to transform into something useful, like an energon refinery.'

This universe being what it is, and Brainstorm being who he is, I'm sure that transforming non-sentient machinery exists, but it really takes a back seat to the many many sentient beings we see transforming into all sorts of machinery. In particular, most transforming transport things are actually people underneath. This makes me think that 'energon refinery' isn't just an alt mode that exists, but that there are (/were) enough of these bots for it to be one of the first things Skids thought of in terms of 'what is a useful thing a person could transform into.'

Nothing solid, but it is Interesting to me, especially in terms of alt modes like Radar's, or Ratchet's jumper cables, where a bot's form has a major, direct effect of providing services to other mechs. It's a subdivision of the population that really interests me, like the information collecting bots do.

Slash, wartime and explosive energon: Autobots and Decepticons capturing bots with similar alt modes, and letting them "escape" with internal sabotage to make them extra splosive the next time they try to use their alt.

• Like x 8
  4. spockandawe

Guys, I shoved robutts in pixels's face again, and the conversation has turned to #pillowprincessmegatron, and first, this post, but also consider decepticon (and autobot) discourse about rpf and roleplaying and shipping, and everything about this is unspeakably hilarious to me

And also, Tarn. Tarn is an integral part of any conversation about this, because omg

• Like x 10
  5. spockandawe

So many post combobs! But in my archive delving, I also stumbled on a sad whirl thing I mentioned months ago, and what I have here isn't a Rotorstorm fic, but Rotorstorm is the context for the fic. So here we go, cywhirlgate (nsfw)

• Like x 4
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I have been reading all the Transformers! Well. At least I've been doing my best to make a good start. @spockandawe, I'm using a reading list you compiled a while ago so I'm not sure if this is still relevant, but just in case:

I found scans of Spotlight: Blurr. It's the first thing in chapter 3, I think, of this All Hail Megatron collection.

I also just found what appear to be complete scans of the 2009 series called The Transformers, not the other one renamed The Transformers.

I can't speak for whether either of those sites will play loud music or try to seize control of your browser and/or life. I don't seem to be having any issues but I've got a lot of shit locked down. So far as I've seen, the scans are good quality.

• Like x 3
  7. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

@spock why did you do this to me

• Like x 1
  8. spockandawe

aaaaaaaaa, what a precious boy, who is handsome like an f-22 jet fighter!

thundercracker.jpg

• Like x 8
  9. Petra

Petra space case

Oh, did he name himself after his sonic boom? That's cute!!

• Like x 4
  10. spockandawe

Thundercracker is being adorable all over the place, I'm not even really reading, but I've noticed at least three separate incidents of adorable happening. I'm past the Bumblebee what-do-you-mean-they-aren't-flirting scene (I am manually saving all the pages, because That Is How I Roll), but omg check this out

ADORABLE.jpg

(post spotlight: megatron, fwiw, which is interesting extra context for Starscream trying to repair old bonds with someone he used to be SUPER close to)

• Like x 7
  11. Verily

Hoooleeee shit, you guys were not kidding about the humans being jerks.

Did Spike just drive Breakdown's helpless, alt-locked body off base to sneak out for a booty call?! Because he thinks paralyzed aliens handle really well????!!!! And he seems to have just left him on the curb overnight???¿?¿!!!¡¡¡¡¡‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽ Tell me that did not just happen because I'm running out of punctuation with which to convey my feelings.

Spike's father seems disappointed in him, but for being AWOL for at least seven hours. Nobody has given the faintest indication that they notice anything wrong with using a captive sentient being's body as vanity transportation.

I'm not sure how aware Breakdown would be of what was happening to him. Maybe they'll elaborate later, and then I can be horrified all over again no matter what the answer because dude that is so fucked up. I hope someone rescues him, and I'm not sure I'd blame him if he squished a few people on the way out. :P

Other sad details: they caught Breakdown when he attacked a power plant because he was starving. And Optimus said the transformation suppressor was extremely unpleasant, which seemed like a diplomatic understatement.

Humanity, get your fucking shit together.

• Like x 7
  12. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Yeah, Spike is awful.

• Like x 2
  13. Verily

I was trying so hard to reserve judgment. He had all this over the top male power fantasy shit going on from the beginning that made me roll my eyes, but a lot of it wasn't actually his fault as a character.

Now I just wanna put itching powder in his bedding.

• Like x 7
  14. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

prowl's hatred of spike is his most sympathetic and #relatable character trait

• Like x 8
  15. spockandawe

When the series trips over into phase 2, Spike is out of the picture for a while, because earth is pretty well out of the picture. But Spike is important backstory for Prowl, and once you get to phase 2, season 2, Spike pops back into the picture in person. He's awful and I hate him XD There's probably something to be said about trauma from AHM and some of the stuff in this series affecting how he feels about Cybertronians and treats them, buuuut I also think he's kind of a natural douchenozzle. When people ask me who my least favorite transformers character is, I pretty much always go with Spike.

• Like x 7
  16. spockandawe

hey hey hey hey guys check this out

[​IMG]

not the good boy D:

As a side note, I really do recommend reading the series that Verily linked up above. Don Figueroa's lines are my least favorite thing, but it's more tolerable when he has a good colorist, and there are plenty of other awesome artists also in the mix (but also occasional ramondelli towards the end), and the writing is pretty much the closet phase one gets to the current ongoing issues. LSOTW and the Drift miniseries are good, but they don't have the long-term PLOT that this series juggles. Issue 31 in that link above is the wrapping up point for phase one (overlapping with the chaos theory arc apple linked way back when), then it's the 'death of optimus prime' one-shot (boringgggg) and then it's right into mtmte and exrid.

I blew through these comics in one marathon session in the phase one hardcover trades, and there's a LOT of good shit that I missed or didn't fully process my first time through. I didn't do much reading last night, I was too busy staying up until 3 AM to manually save roughly 750 comic pages, but I am TOTALLY going to go back and savor all this sometime soon. As a side note, in case that link above ever stops working, guess who has the ability to get you your phase one giant robot fix :V

PS, especially for everyone who's been enjoying taao: combaticons in north korea!

• Like x 3
  17. spockandawe

18. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER READ OH MY GOD

• Like x 4
  19. iconic

• Like x 6
  20. like okay i normally just lurk in here but that was. fucking Incredible

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice