TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I'm pretty sure that if I keep going down this casting rabbit hole, thennnn... I think maybe Optimus Prime and Rodimus have to be Marceline and Finn, but heck if I know which is which. Fortunately! I have no real knowledge of adventure time, so things probably stop at Overlord and Lemongrab.

• Like x 4
  2. Kemmasandi

Kemmasandi Optimus Prime's disapproving eyebrows

I drew a MegOP thing last night. It still needs colour but I haven't drawn in literally a year, so I'm celebrating every little victory lmao.

• Like x 6
  3. Petra

Petra space case

It's good art! Your lines are so smooth and clean!

• Like x 1
  4. Kemmasandi

Kemmasandi Optimus Prime's disapproving eyebrows

Aaaaa, thank you! I put the credit for that on SAI tho; the stabiliser function is a BLESSING. Robots and all those straight lines, ohmygod. XD

• Like x 3
  5. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah, if things don't line up it'll REALLY show with all those mechanical lines.

• Like x 1
  6. spockandawe

• Like x 7
  7. Petra

Petra space case

• Like x 2
  8. spockandawe

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Like x 3
  9. Petra

Petra space case

Now you have to write a HAPPY thing for me sometime. :(

(also that was a gr8 fic)

• Like x 2
  10. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

@spockandawe I'M TAKING YOUR ASS TO COURT!!!! YOU HAVE ASSAULTED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!!!! how dare you. how dare you!!!!

"Trust you."

YOU BEAST

• Like x 5
  11. Petra

Petra space case

It's okay Chromedome will just erase the fact that this happened from his head.

• Like x 6
  12. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

@spockandawe I cannot believe I just sent you a long and detailed message about Pride and Prejudice!Cyclonus, and this is what you were waiting to unleash upon us all...I was such a trusting fool...

• Like x 4
  13. spockandawe

I do have a happyyyy...ish functionist thing planned! Plotted out and everything! With positive character growth and romance and things not turning out completely terrible and with some notes of hope! It's just probably going to be ten million 30k words long, so it's taking me a little longer to get in motion. And whenever I get Rodimus/Starscream in motion again, they'll be happy too, or Megatron/Terminus. I even have some not-sad Chromedome/Prowl(/Rewind) queued up if I can figure out how to bounce into it. But I've been sitting on this painful idea and hurting over it for forever, and I was just so excited to hurt everyone else too :D

OH, AND I'M TOO EXCITED, I think I finally found my way into IDW jazzwave (hahaaha, @coldstars, you gave me happy, positive things and I gave you this fic). I don't want to jinx myself, but. I am READY to make this work, it is going to happen, and it is going to be crazy sweet and adorable and all the good things possible. I think I even found a way into Soundwave's soft emotional center. I just need to figure out the best framing to milk this for all the emotion it's worth.

• Like x 7
    • Like x 3
  14. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Continuing my read through of phase 1. Finishing volume 7 and it's a doozy.

Optimus is in a really bad mood.

Here he is threatening Thundercracker for apparently no useful reason:

[​IMG]

Dude, he's injured because Starscream shot him for refusing to go back to the Decepticons. (The first sales pitch of the day.) He's receiving Autobot medical care because Brawn found him bleeding out (or leaking out, or whatever Cybertronians do) while on a mission to ask Thundercracker to help the Autobots, again.

Even Spike thinks that was harsh. And implies that they already know he doesn't have any information?

Later, Optimus locates Megatron and uses a new Super Amazing Space Gun on him. It isn't very effective. Optimus can't believe it. He throws a fit.

[​IMG]

He breaks his fucking gun hitting Megatron then just... throttles him. And Megatron is just looking at him, and I am so amused. Optimus, you're a mess.

Megatron tells Optimus that Spike murdered Scrapper. Oh ho! The chickens are finally on their way home to roost. This is getting exciting.

The people who want to arm citizens against robots seem to be portrayed as obviously wrong. And, I mean, they sort of literally are crazy nutjobs due to mind control. As a reader it's clear quite early on that those guns are no good because they look like Megatron. And the spokesguy is a jerk who doesn't come across as a person acting in good faith at all.

But I feel like it's not totally off the wall, under the circumstances, for people to want to arm themselves with weapons that might actually stop a giant robot? The Decepticons killed hundreds of thousands of civilians, destroyed New York City, and shot down the fucking Air Force One. Onto the Lincoln Memorial.

The military was slow and almost entirely ineffectual. Their first plan was to slowly smuggle the one reasonable weapon they had into enemy territory and like, pray or something. Very precarious, almost failed utterly right as it started. The backup plan was a fucking nuke, which got hijacked. These things happen when your enemies look just like your bomber plane I guess.

What is it with international organizations aiming nukes at New York during alien invasions, requiring someone to intercept them physically and carry them into space at great long-term cost to their own well being? I sorta want Thundercracker and Tony Stark to have a conversation about this disturbing trend.

I dunno, I think an argument could be made for why a reasonable person might want an anti-robot gun.

ETA: Air Force One is the call sign for a (U.S. Air Force) plane that's carrying the president. Realized when conversing with a friend that that isn't universal knowledge. D'oh. Afaik, the fate of the president isn't made explicit in the comic, but there's a lot of fire and the military people look really disheartened.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like x 4
  15. Verily

So. This cover art

[​IMG]

Wtf is Arcee doing to Galvatron's leg, and do you think he'll get it back when she's done?

• Like x 3
  16. spockandawe

Oh dear. You've hit probably... my LEAST-least favorite art in the entire series. There's other art that bothers me, but this was the only spot where I legitimately could not parse the story because of how it was drawn, and I eventually bailed out because I hated the art that much. Godspeed, soldier ( ̄- ̄)ゞ

• Like x 2
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Pfffffffffffffffff! Considering Arcee, probably not. (Arcee why?)

• Like x 3
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

She's got knives in her fingers and is about to rip the entire leg off at the hip and you can't tell me otherwise

• Like x 7
  19. Verily

Yeah, it's... an experience. It's almost done, so there's that.

I can say that I found the cloud fishermen in the previous issue to be rather charming. They're wearing something like blue jeans (one has a belt) and they're giant crabs and the first mate is called Master Eeems, which is pretty much exactly the right number of excessive consecutive e's. Also I know nothing about boats, but I have this suspicion that fishing vessels may not usually be shaped the way people draw pirate ships. Which is fine with me either way. Carry on, congenial crab dudes.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice