TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    • Like x 4
  2. Petra

Petra space case

Yes, give soundwave all the smol friends.

• Agree x 3
  3. TheOwlet

I man after the last updated he could be feasibly covered in cats, birds, frogs and snakes sooo yes. all the smol friends. All of them.

• Agree x 4
  4. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I have something that I'm too all over the place to pin down, with the idw comics and mental health. A thing about isolation and people as social creatures and such. How when Drift takes the fall for Rodimus, he slips into weird penance mode, where he refuses to maintain himself. Swerve's thing. Rung's thing that's just starting to bubble to the surface. Because both of them, people can't tell that they're isolated. Also, in issue 40, Ratchet specifically nudged Skids into going to talk to Rung on a friendly social level because... nobody does that. And now that's gotten wrecked. There's Prowl, and there's Starscream. Potentially something with Red Alert, where the paranoia and mistrust become a nasty feedback loop. Probably something to do with Chromedome after the Overlord thing, especially when we see him sitting alone in his room and ignoring people after DC. Probably other people I'm forgetting too. Ultra Magnus. Thundercracker.

And then there are the characters like Whirl, Cyclonus, and Megatron, who do fairly well with isolation and kind of seek it out, or at least make it difficult for other people to get close, or to like them. But I'd say the social development we DO see, especially with other people closing that gap FOR them, shows that even for them it's not so great.

Maybe some stuff to do with the Wreckers as a social system, but a small, closed system, where things can go off in a really ugly direction and drag everyone else along for the ride. Anything about Pharma would be hella speculative, but I don't think Delphi was good for him, and I don't think anything that followed has been good for him either. Speculative also for First Aid, just because he's rarely on the page, with self-imposed isolation after Tyrest. There are words to say about Tailgate and brief isolation + the nasty shock of knowing he wasn't missed or cared about, and how that informs his early mtmte actions. Stuff about Arcee, but it's so HARD to get in her head. Probably some things about Chromia, in an expat sense rather than lacking social contact. Speculative wondering to do about Nightbeat, given that he says 'nope, no romantic partners, but I *am* pretty insufferable', even if it's a jokey way. Probably speculation to be had about Soundwave's youth and how much he depends on his family, and how closed off he remains now. EXTRA speculation to be had about Shockwave and how isolation could have interacted with shadowplay.

And never even mind the people who have spent time in jail or other captivity, including but not limited to Whirl, Impactor, Fort Max, and Tarantulas. OH, and Sunstreaker, absolutely Sunstreaker. Skywarp is too freshly captured to say for sure, especially since they aren't TELLING us anything yet. It would be interesting to speculate about Overlord, given how often he puts HIMSELF into isolated situations, or casually tolerates extreme isolation even when he could effortlessly break free.

So that turned out much longer than I expected :PPPPP And it isn't even a complete list. I don't even know WHAT I'm trying to say, but isolation and mental health is an interesting thing that's echoed across the various series, for people of all sorts of moral character. I don't know what I want to say, but I sure want to say it, hahaha.

• Like x 8
  5. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Interesting list! What im seeing is cybertronians deal with isolation in the same way that humans do, which is all over the place. You had swerve literally putting up a cheerful front while isolating himself at the same time (most humans have to do that without the help of a holoform). They are social creatures, and they seem to require the same amount of social interaction as we do despite living for millions of years...which arguably makes them more social? "It's been a long time since I talked to anyone" would mean a much longer amount of time if we were millions of years old.

Night beat- his social skills are lacking, but the self depreciating humor he used there was very very British, that joke may have been reflective of that style of humor rather then a mask for underlying truths.

The only person you forgot was wheelie. He seemed relatively ok for being totally isolated for millenia.

It could be that cybertronians feel isolation more keenly if they aren't totally alone? Not sure if that conclusion holds any water though. Swerve was about to die after only a few months of depravation. Wheelie was still alive after...what, a million years? Sentinel prime was also healthy and fit despite being on his own for quite awhile. They were both a bit crazy, but they weren't dead. The cybertronian brain might go into a kind of low-power mode if they are deprived of social interaction for too long (or are left with nothing to do). Their brains are probably better equipped to handle total isolation for long periods of time...because as far as I can tell, nobody dies from lack of energon? They just lose the ability to move? Anyway, just pure social isolation may get around these defenses.

• Like x 1
  6. spockandawe

Oops, I... had opal for my progens. And then I made the mistake of testing it on my tf dragons, and. WELL.

Starscream, for the kintsugi-esque idea of beautifying the intense damage you've taken and wearing it with pride, plus the shine and glitz he deserves. Windblade, for the pop of bright color she's always needed, especially with the way her face like this reminds me of her big, blue eyebrows. In two days, her cooldown will be over and they're gonna make shiny, beautiful babies together.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner x 9
  7. spockandawe

By the way, if you are out of control with your money (me) and in the market for transformers merch (also me), society6 has 20% off everything and free shipping until midnight, I think. I just got two Prowl prints, because I am full of Prowl emotions and that is apparently how I make all my decisions these days. I thought about getting a Prowl bathmat, so I could step on his face on the regular, but I already have a nice bathmat that cost me a pretty penny, so I reluctantly gave it a pass. For now.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. spockandawe

I think my blog is just devolving into a gradual 100% shitpost composition. Sleep deprivation is a factor, but also blame @coldstars for this content in particular.

Whirl/Arcee. Guns, nsfw, and heavy emphasis on both of those two descriptors.

edit: HA, I get to break in this ship tag on ao3, I WIN THE WHIRL/ARCEE RACE

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  9. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

That was the best thing to wake up to, thank you based spock

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

You are a winner and so is your crack.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I am in love, how absolutely perfect.

• Like x 1
  12. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Behold. The SOUUUURRRCE:

IMG_3052.JPG

Between the two of us we're gonna run out of shots to post

*shits, but I'm leaving that typo for thematic relevance

• Like x 5
  13. spockandawe

Gun-dicked horseshoe crab women. That's what I came home to yesterday. I bear no responsibility for the content of my fics. Because ummm, some people write about gun dicks to cope??

• Winner x 5
  14. TheOwlet

I swear to god this one of the weirder fandom's I've stuck my toes into over the course of my life and I have a godtier Aradia cosplay at home.

And like, even the source material is weird. Who designed those toys I wanna talk to them.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. Petra

Petra space case

Hey Owlet we should idea-jam about robo-biology!

• Agree x 1
  16. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

TAILGATE my breeding project is done

[​IMG]

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  17. TheOwlet

@Petra

PLEASE LETS I RECENTLY HAD A LOT OF THOUGHTS ABOUT CARRIER BIOLOGY BECAUSE I AM THE WORST (and Soundwave is my fave shhhhh)

• Agree x 2
  18. TheOwlet

Btw, do we have an FR thread on these forums i keep seeing the pixel dragons and i wanna join the thread if one exists

19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

join us

20. Petra

Petra space case

Oooh, please infodump at me!

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice