TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

The necrobot continues to be cool
    "What made you think i wasn't listening?" "The whistling." "It's an aid to concentration..." rod are adhd?
    "There is a lot of banter on this ship; i thought i was ready to take the plunge." megs <3
    AHHHHHHHHH YOU MEAN VOS IS AN AUTOBOT AGENT?
    also Rodimus Megatron and Magnus banter is the best thing ever
    oh Lottie :')
    ....!!
    CD you doooooork :3
    OH MY GOD ROD DID THE EXACT SAME THING AS THUNDERS AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT I AM LAUGHING SO HARD
    rodimus' stupid grin.... megatron facepalming...
    "Your old flame" wow rod way to be insensitive, Chromedome is standing right there.
    THE HAND HOLDING IS KILLING ME I AM DEAD THIS SHIP IS MY MURDERER
    ahahaha megs is trying to make himself look like the cool captain and rodimus is NOT happy about this :P
    okay rewind leaning on Magnus' desk like that with his legs (his stupid well shaped legs, seriously Rewind has legs for days) swinging is so adorable help
    "Judging by your face and the fact that you're not doing that little dance you do when you get excited, the word is "boring"." ilu megs
    god can you two stop bickering?
    chromedome making sure rewind is feeling okay is too adorable
    also i totally spot that this picture has like couple dynamics going on. Chromedome and Rewind, Nautica and Velocity, Tailgate and Getaway.
    (Megatron and ravage, tho that's more a friendship thing i think)
    "We're nearly there, captain. Co-captain. Co-captains." i like riptide he's a silly goof
    "And engage stealth mode." "We don't have a stealth mode." "Humor me." "Stealth Mode engaged." DORKS
    the necrobot seems like a very shy person c:
    ohhhh that's cool.
    RODIMUS HOW IS YOUR BOOTY SO FINE
    "In the meantime don't touch anything, don't steal anything and definitly don't desecrate anything!" that you even have to say that is worrying about the general level of propriety on this ship.
    awww megs you wanna spend more time with your friiiiiiends :3
    GASP the necrobot is cute
    "You're so smart." naww
    I DIE THEY ARE SO CUTE
    SO CUTE
    I MAY BE GASPING EVERYTIME THEY SAY LOVEY-DOVEY THINGS TO EACHOTHER
    OH GOD THEY ARE SO LOVING AND CLOSE AND I AM SO DEAD
    OHHHH (but this doesn't necessarily mean anythign now does it. because necrobot admits in the very next frame that he thinks some of those very alive characters should be dead!)
    Censere is so cute!
    that Censere is just a normal dude who made it his mission to make sure no death goes unrecorded somehow makes this much sweeter actually.
    oh nightbeat he wanted to believe so hard, but Censere is just using science very very smartly :'c
    ohhhh my heart! poor nightbeat D:
    oh censere you are too gentle. too good. I love you.
    oooooh the flower thing
    how is censere so lovable
    aww Domey you are doing the thing again. Memory erasure is not the answer to being upset.
    OHHHH
    AWWW OKAY THIS IS KIND OF CUTE
    "Perhaps from now on you should focus on saving the living not catalogueing the dead" it's tru but idk if censere should. The goodness singularity might cause the heatdeath of the universe, you know
    where the FUCK did megs go now
    oh my god
    OH MY GOD so the flowers are basically a BODYCOUNT? D:
    (that is the most soft grunge way to do a body count ever tho censere knows aesthetic)
    yeah that was expected but OUCH that's a kick in the gut.
    I CAN'T EVEN SAY POOR MEGATRON BC HONESTLY HE DID THIS TO HIMSELF HE REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE GONE LOOKING WHAT THE HEL DID HE EXPECT?
    are there censere figures? :U

• Like x 9
  2. IvyLB

also i am amused that i'm liveblogging issue 44 on page 44 :P

• Like x 3
  3. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

this was the issue I started taking screenshots in because I got overwhelmed by CD+rewind (rewind - my love -) ("you're so smart") and also, to be tbh to be honest,,..., I was also overwhelmed by rodimus' ass, so.

"I think we've both learned something from this" you guys....... (I. Definitely ship it a bit.... in the Responsible Parents quadrant)

CENSERE IS THE CUTEST!!!!! (btw how do you pronounce that in your head because I bounce back and forth from "sen-seer" to "sen-sair")

I love this goddamn comic and also YOU'RE GETTING TO MY VERY VERY FAVOURITE ISSUES >:3c

• Like x 2
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I'm jumping headfirst into Robots In Disguise, wish me luck :P

(I was gonna go chronologically, but... eh... I like my post-war traumatized reconstruction kthnx.)

...also, I still can't reliably tell autobot and decepticon symbols apart. Oops.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    • Like x 3
  5. IvyLB

Magnus and Megs being responsible parents to counteract Rodimus' everything is very very important
    Rodimus ass is glorious
    Rewind and Chromedome being affectionate and mutually supportive and so so romantic and sappy and cute is everything i want from canon pairings it's like they are looking directly into my brain and making it exactly the way i like ships to be
    I say his name as Cen- like in "censor" and then -sair like "air" with a buzzing s in front! the -seer pronounciation, idk i can see it but -sere looks vaguely latin derived as far as syllables go so that's how i'd pronounce it. To be perfectly fucking honest i think the most phonetically pleasant way to say his name to me would probably be "Sen-Se-reh" First S sharp, second S being the sort of buzzy s (like the s in censor, you know?) but Transformers is an anglophone canon so it's unlikely that's even remotely close :P)

• Like x 5
  6. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Okay, Vos! This is a litle complicated, I didn't piece it together until I read the wiki, because I am bad at remembering tiny details until they form a coherent whole. Also because it took me forever to remember who was who in the DJD

Agent 113 was Vos, but Vos is a code name. The DJD are named for the first five major Cybertronian cities to be taken by the Decepticons. The Vos we see on the page is a relatively new member. The Vos who was Agent 113 was massive (even compared to Tarn, Helex, and Tesarus, I guess), and had hooks for hands and feet. Those details are only given in passing during Megatron's trial around issue 28/29, but they don't really stick in your head because you don't know you're supposed to be caring about Vos yet. I think it's implied that the DJD figured out he was a traitor and killed the original Vos somewhere along the way, before MTMTE started.

Oh my god, Trailcutter in these issues breaks my heart. That line about plastering a smile over a broken soul still wrecks me. There's something about someone who's completely falling apart and is still like... all about being silly and chasing fun and having a good time, it completely destroys me.

• Like x 7
  7. IvyLB

okay i was right Censere is a latin word
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/censere
    THSI IS META AS FUCK YOU GUYS I LOVE IT WHEN NAMES MEAN THINGS!!
    according to my google-fu "censere" is three of the verb forms of "censeo". It is the present active infinitive, but it's also the second-person singular passive imperative AND indicative
    that is so meta. AHHH! because "censeo" (pronounced with a hard K sound btw so the "correct" pronounciation of his name is "Ken-se-reh" :P) means "to declare" or "to announce"
    So our dear Necrobot's name could be translated, roughly as "You shall be declared" or "You are being declared"
    BUT HERE COMES THE BEAUTY!
    according to dictionaries censere can mean a shitton of different tiny little implications! Among others, these are just the most amusing ones, regarding what he talks about, it can also mean "decide", "judge", "estimate", "assess", "value", "choose", "deem", "enjoy", "resolve", "count", and "try".
    the thing that really amuses me though is that google insists on translating it as "disability" which i can verify nowhere but would be a nice referenced to his self-imposed rule of no-interference.

• Like x 6
  8. applechime

@IvyLB
    good, GOOD, my first instinct was also cen like censor and -sair like air, I think it sounds so pretty (⋈uvu)

(but then again my first pronunciation instinct for rodimus, upon seeing his name on my dash forever ago from the one (1) person I followed who posted mtmte, was "rOE-dih-mus". sorry rodders I know better now)

9. IvyLB

ahahaha i will cling to my faux-latin-esque pronounciations of names and he can't stop me even when his name is derivative of rod, i'll pronounce it as "roh-di-mus" bc i reject the overly anglo-derived pronounciation patterns *SHRUGS LOUDLY*

• Like x 1
  10. IvyLB

also unless i'm too stupid there'S NOT A SINGLE FIGURE OF CENSERE
    I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN HASBRO HE IS MY FLOWER SON I WANT A FIGURE D:

• Like x 3
  11. applechime

ivy i understand your pain so well in this moment, as i google "mtmte Whirl figure" for the umpteenth time and feel another part if my soul shatter at the results

• Like x 3
  12. IvyLB

i was having FAITH in transformers as a franchise that started out existing solely to sell toys to DELIVER ON THE TOY PART wth?

• Like x 6
  13. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

see, luckily I have no money to sink into figures because I'm saving for something else, so googling 'mtmte Nautica figure' would be a pointless act and I'm not gonna do it!
    not....gonna....do....it
    nope
    not gonna...

• Like x 2
  14. IvyLB

apparently klejpull on deviantart makes super cool looking poseable mtmte character figures
    not official but. YOU KNOW.

(also @chaoticArbiter apparently they made official Chromia and Windblade toys but not Nautica and i'm ?????????????)

• Like x 1
  15. applechime

@IvyLB yeah i've seen their whirl and it HURTS ME :( I wonder if they do commissions.

16. chaoticArbiter

.....WHY DON'T THEY HAVE NAUTICA
    EXCUSE ME
    I NEED TO GO WRITE A VERY ANGRY LETTER
    I MEAN NO I WOULDN'T BUY IT NOW BUT
    HOW DARE THEY NOT HAVE MY FAVE

17. IvyLB

there is a really cute looking tailgate tho
    fuck
    (all my other favs have apparently got super UGLY official toys i'm incredibly pissed, but the TAILGATE!!!!)
    eta: mhhhhh his face cast is off tho i don't like it it's not adorable enough MHHHHHH

• Like x 1
  18. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Yeah, Hasbro doesn't really care about MTMTE designs. At best you get some third-party stuff. There's an adorable SD Nautica by Ariel Customs I think, but nobody has done a full size one as far as I know.

• Like x 1
  19. applechime

i'm so upset about """official whirl"""
    [​IMG]

20. chaoticArbiter

cries
    I want a full size one
    but seeing what Hasbro's done to the others....maybe I don't want Hasbro to do it...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice