TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

YES, OH MY GOODNESS

Okay, so my very most rough cut is that it's.... about steering and manipulation, but in an indirect way. The Mistress of Flame isn't telling Chromia what to do, but she's leaning on Starscream to make certain decisions regarding Chromia's future. Onslaught is cornering Blast Off somewhat through his direct actions, but cornering him even further in terms of the way Blast Off feels about him. And Metroplex and Vigilem don't cross directly, but they stand in direct opposition and both touch up against the world almost entirely through Windblade. Vigilem isn't manipulating Metroplex himself, but he's trying to seize control of Metroplex's main representative.

(I am being lazy here and not doing a detailed writeup or getting notes out of the original text but) The progression through these issues has been more and more direct. The Mistress of Flame doesn't interact with Chromia directly at all, I think, and she doesn't try to see her or tell her what to do. Once she's out of jail, Starscream is free to tell her what to do and send her on her way, the Mistress of Flame don't give a fuck.

Onslaught is nominally working with Blast Off, even though their motivations and goals aren't quite the same. They're definitely on the same side and working for each other's benefit, and they're supportive, friendly, close, trusting, etc. That being said, Blast Off is being steered into doing things he doesn't want to do, for the sake of Onslaught's goals. Onslaught isn't trying to control him directly, but Blast Off takes action to support what Onslaught is trying to accomplish, he goes along with most of Onslaught's decisions even when he thinks it's not for the best, and then he moves to protect Onslaught when Starscream comes to pay him a dream visit. Even though Onslaught isn't trying to exert control exactly, he's shaping everything the guy does.

And then Vigilem and Metroplex. My hand hurts, I'm going to be brief. Vigilem and Metroplex are more opposition than manipulation. But Windblade is Metroplex's cityspeaker, and she speaks for him more directly than anyone else does. She took Vigilem for a test drive, but now Vigilem is trying to brute-force his way into complete control of her mind. He isn't doing anything with Metroplex directly, but given that titan bondage flashback, I'm sure he has a sizeable direct grudge and wouldn't say no to some future revenge, maybe another step in the mind-takeover chain. Something about escalating levels of control. Mistress of Flame tells Starscream to let this one person out of jail, Onslaught is like gosh golly I sure want [thing] maybe someone who REALLY really loves me would make that happen And Vigilem is just like GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN.

Now honestly, I was expecting TAAO cover 12 to be vigilem!Windblade standing behind Starscream in a similar way. The side-by-side imagery makes me think optimistic thoughts about breaking the chain of attempted control and going for open TEAMWORK instead, though I sure do like me some reading too far into canon. But tbh at this point, that would be an extremely satisfying end to the miniseries, Starscream is falling apart and getting upset about how little anyone is willing to do to support him, having him make a personally risky gesture to help Windblade and her supporting him in return (which she already tried to do, multiple times, he just didn't believe it :P) in a time of pretty extreme emotional/practical need, that would be gr8. I still have vague thoughts of doing a pseudo-cover building on the 9/10/11 pattern, but the mutual emotional support interpretation makes me happy, hahaha

• Agree x 3
  2. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

@spockandawe TT to that time we somehow retroactively conjured the TAAO 12 cover into existence through sheer longing
    19885763-8a15-4604-bd1f-4eff2e580d2d.jpg

• Winner x 4
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

So
    @IvyLB showed me the first season of the G1 cartoon, that classic of animation which makes complete and total sense at all times. And I decided that I quite shipped Bluestreak speeds by, Sonic the Hedgehog and Ironhide, for no particular reason other than they had a cute interaction once (there's only three fics with that pairing on AO3. And the only one that's Bluestreak/Ironhide main is all of six sentences long). So I start reading Bluestreak's TFwiki page, G1 cartoon continuity section, for info.
    And I find this.
    (emphasis mine)
    I have never heard the idea that Bluestreak and Prowl are twins. I checked Prowl's page and yup:
    Ivy is similarly astonished by this. Are we being idiots or what?

• Winner x 4
  5. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Better known as the cover that turned me gay

And inspired most if not all of my Vigil!Windblade thoughts, along with

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    • Agree x 3
  6. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

HOLY SHIT THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. (also I like the way you ship. we can put it next to my Thundercracker x Sideswipe on the Shelf of Things That Never Get Written.)

• Like x 1
  7. TwoBrokenMirrors

It kind of does doesn't it
    Also yes of course. I keep it personally alongside TF:P Smokescreen/Knock Out, which I'm terribly fussy about.

• Like x 1
  8. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

yeah, I keep mine next to my G1 starscream x silverbolt

9. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Birthday lootz: one (1) tiny Optimus plushie, So Many robot stickers (including some TFP ones!! fuck only knows where Friend found TFP stickers), and three prints I'll have to take pictures of once I figure out where I want to put them (one Starscream, one Jazz, one Soundy fam)
    also much bitching about the Bayverse movie because we went in to throw trash in the dumpster fire and were... I'd say "not disappointed" but :P

• Winner x 1
  10. spockandawe

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  11. KarrinBlue

why this

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. TwoBrokenMirrors

Since it's more interesting this way me and @IvyLB have decided to take Bluestreak and Prowl being twins as canon and blithely smear it across continuities for shits and giggles.

ETA: Bluestreak now nervous wreck. Swerve's life even worse. Prowl continues to be Prowl.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    • Agree x 3
  13. KarrinBlue

... do we know what happened to the original Tempo?

14. coldstars

I don't believe we know, no. Carcer faked his signal to fool Metroplex into thinking he was Tempo, but I don't know if there's any word on whether they tried to find the real Tempo after realizing the error. The Frankenstein theory of Carcer where he was cobbled together chunks of other Titans might still hold if Elita et al scavenged parts from a dead Tempo at some point, but we just don't know where he wound up or why no one attempted to contact them. Metroplex wasn't sure why Vigilem chose to mask himself as Tempo, either, which is...interesting. No prior connection?

...According to the wiki, Tempo was one of the first Titans to leave, and there's speculation that he might be linked to Vector Prime because Tempo means time. I'd assumed it would be interesting if Tempo were a music/arts Titan, but...

Vector Prime hasn't shown up much, if at all, in IDW. But in other continuities, he's a "guardian of time and space," who can "travel the multiverse at will"

So now I want him and Tempo to show up in Lost Light and confront them about all this rampant rule breaking and improbability and tampering with realities and timelines that has put so much stress on their universe

Basically, writing this post was a journey

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

yes please put some of that sweet sweet Thirteen worldbuilding in LL
    I... still gotta chug through the rest of not-Party Bus comics, pls to bring Vector in all his glory to LL
    (bonus points if it's the fourth-wall-poking troll of a Vector behind the Ask Vector Prime events)

• Like x 2
  16. coldstars

chompers.png tumblr_oswifzn2CS1r0ienio1_540.jpg
    Look at this boy with such large chompers, big and buff enough to give Overlord deadly hugs... I want to know more about him...

• Agree x 3
  17. spockandawe

Whirl is so tiny compared to him!!! And Killmaster still calls him 'nemesis'! JRO TELL ME MORE OuO

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  18. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I just found this on tumblr and I'm ashamed that I never thought of it myself: Overlord has Tim Curry's voice

• Winner x 2
  19. spockandawe

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jro.jpg

• Informative x 6
    • Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
  20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I AM SCREAMING I WANT IT SO BAD
    MYTHARCMYTHARCMYTHARC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice