TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

kinstrudel user spockandawe is also my enemy

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

ohmg.png
    ...They're doing almost the exact same hand gesture, but like flipped. How did I not notice this as I was posting...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Winner x 6
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

RODIMUS/STARSCREAM #CONFIRMED

• Agree x 8
  4. Petra

Petra space case

It's not even flipped, it's just a different angle.

• Agree x 3
  5. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Oooooooh, that is interesting. Have we gotten any exposition in IDW about spectralism (and/or other religions) and color symbolism? Because I know there have been one or two asides made to Drift, and Thunderclash said that thing to him in the documentary issue about 'I agree with you, this is such a [color] moment' (I forget the color and the gritty art makes it hard to read tone in that issue). But this is an angle I can't believe I've been ignoring. This is so fascinating

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I don't remember anything in IDW proper off the top of my head, but I have seen a couple fics that really play with the idea of certain metals and metal-tones being religiously significant in some way. It's funny, because for all that IDW pokes at the idea of religion pretty frequently, it's not like... narratively significant for more than a few characters.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

over in the DT discord, Ivy decided and we all emabled them that it´s (In DT verse) a scandalous song about a decepticon frontliner who falls for an ex noble autobot

• Like x 2
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

(The color with Thunderclash was magenta, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to be just as obtuse as the art. Look, Thunderclash Is Even Good With The Ex-Decepticon!)
    Besides that, we did have that one little moment where Drift's doing Roddy up in his new emo MURDER-MOURNING color scheme, but that's about it.
    You'll pry my headcanons about color symbolism out of my cold dead hands, though :P

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I wrote the song :')

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

That's the way I read it as well. Thunderclash's unfailing humility and respect for other people seems to prevent him from acknowledging their pettier failings, if he even sees them at all. Such as, you know, annoyance at someone's humble, respectful behavior drawing attention to how you maaaaay be somewhat self-centered, Rodimus, even if your intentions are good. I think the obtuseness of the statement is the most important thing in the immediate context, to convey that this is an unobtainable standard of perfection. It's understandable that Rodimus reacts badly. He's being painted as flawed, not a bad person.

But JRo is really good at making even brief exchanges do many things at once, which has consistently impressed me with his work on MTMTE. I don't see any particular reason for magenta to have a deeper meaning, but who knows. I haven't read far enough to know whether he plays the long game, but he certainly plays the medium game like nobody's business. And the IDW writing and editing squad seems very adept at building coherent stories out of past chaos and throwaway details, so even if it wasn't meaningful originally I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually came up again.

• Agree x 2
  11. LunarCress

LunarCress Member

So the Unicron artist did a speed draw of the big reveal.

• Winner x 3
  12. Petra

Petra space case

I had it wrong... Guzzlord was Unicron all along, not Tesarus and Helex's lovechild.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 3
  13. Verily

I started lazily playing Forged to Fight because of course I did. The robot I want most is Ghost Bee, whose moves are Decent Advice and Eyerolling, with a Searing Observation limit break. Maybe some Ranged Bickering as well.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Are...are those canon moves? because if so OMG.

15. Verily

Not yet, afaik. I made them up. But I hold out hope for the future!

• Agree x 3
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

SA M E
    or
    yknow
    anyone from the Rod Squad
    Windblade is gr8 don't get me wrong but there are Too Many Bayverse Bots ono

• Agree x 3
  17. LunarCress

LunarCress Member

Well at least Nautica made it into that other mobile TF game

[​IMG]

Aha ha ha ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :'D

• Witnessed x 5
  18. Verily

It's okay, she's just had a minor accident. She'll be perfectly fine but the bandages are kinda bulky.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Okay, but. Okay. That image. And Nautica's holoform.

overalls.jpg

this is the only thing i can see

waluigi.jpg

wah!

• Winner x 7
  20. LunarCress

LunarCress Member

[​IMG]

I... think this might be the worst thing I have ever done.

• Winner x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice