TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

"semi-domesticated scraplets"

whirl get back here and take care of your daughter

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Do you think they'd be better behaved if Whirl was actually raising them?

• Agree x 5
  4. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

"FAKE NEWS"

also hi guess what I'm not dead just busy

• Agree x 1
  5. spockandawe

I am genuinely hoping that his eventual return calms the savage beast(s) and they chill out and behave. Also because he's got... so little fear in him, that he's the kind of guy who WOULD try to tell them what to do, as opposed to everyone else, who would probably just run. Plus, the scraplets chilled out with him, right in his chest, with him totally unconscious, without ever trying to do anything people-eating-ish about it.

Plus I can't check my sources, but there was something that was said about the scraplets having a primitive... consciousness? Spark? It was something interesting, but they had it only as a collective. It would be an interesting echo of how all different parts of the series keep coming back to cybertronian reproduction/lifecycle. We've got Bludgeon back on Cybertron doing his thing, there was the way Luna I ignited for Rodimus, Anode did mad lifey science with Lug, there's the confusing new developments with the... artificial person? whoever that was that Anode and company ran into, plus Springer having been established as a completely artificial Cybertronian. Oh, and there's Ten and how the legislators were made and how he got his groove back autonomy.

There are lots of weird, WEIRD angles on how Cybertronian life can happen, without even getting into how weird and variable Cybertronian life is once it's established. I would be really sincerely into seeing further development of Whirl and his cannibal swarm daughter. And! It would thematically tie back to the stuff Whirl has going on with the push and pull between creation and destruction, where he's been SUPER super top-notch at both, but has spent millions of years believing that his creative pursuits have been taken from him forever, and started messing around with clocks again, right around when the holiday special came out. There's a lot of cool stuff going on in there with the idea of parenthood as an act of creation, especially with the way the baby started to imitate him as she grew. And then if you want to get dramatic about it, him deciding not to toss her out the airlock was him being set on 'destruction' as the only way forward, and then finding a way to choose 'creation' instead.

Actually, you know what, I'm going to try to write this up prettier with extra citations once I get home from work. This is very possibly just a horrific torture thing that is only here for the sake of torture, but it there is some WEIRDLY fascinating stuff. Also, Getaway is using the scraplets now as nothing but pure destruction, which goes a lot with what Whirl has said about himself here and there about him being a living weapon and hints at a self-image of being a not-person. I do love me some overthinking-silly-space-adventure-comics, so I'm really going to try to organize this into something better. This is interesting.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  6. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

• Informative x 2
  7. spockandawe

Mannnnn, boooooo, having them be the scraplets who screwed with ultra magnus is boring :T If you were going to pull back in one of these two sets of scraplets, it could have been the interesting set.

• Agree x 4
  8. Petra

Petra space case

Man just watching Getaway operate gives me the willies. He's so manipulative and yet weirdly petty? Like the way he puts down Thunderclash. And like- man when even Froid thinks you're predatory you know you're in trouble. And how Getaway was so interesting in grandstanding he let the mutineers in on how unsavory he was.

Fake news.

• Agree x 6
  9. Petra

Petra space case

Getaway hates Megatron, Getaway also feels inferior to Megatron. Megatron is charismatic, persuasive, manipulative, vicious. Getaway is charismatic, persuasive, manipulative, vicious. The things he claims to hate about Megatron are things he claims to like about himself.

Megatron led a movement that, under his direct supervision, genocided untold species, and the war killed a lot of Cybertronians, so even if you're only empathizing with Cybertronians, there's a lot to legitimately dislike him for. Obviously. And there's a lot to dislike about HOW he did things, his viciousness and sadism, but like I said, those are traits that Getaway shares. If he hates that about Megatron, I wonder how it plays into his inferiority complex about himself. I'm pretty sure Getaway targeted Tailgate because Tailgate is innocent, and Getaway takes innocence and moral uprightness as personal insults to himself, because he doesn't feel like he measures up. That's also why he targets Thunderclash, and I think it plays into his sense of ambition.

I feel like, if you asked Getaway, Megatron failed and Optimus Prime failed and everyone else who had a chance to enact positive change failed, because the state of Cybertron sucks and he doesn't feel safe. But it could also feed into his bitterness about not having respect, because maybe he felt like if only people would finally listen to him, he'd be able to Fix Everything. It doesn't matter how vicious or amoral you get, not if the end result is Fixing Everything. so Getaway arranged things so he's in charge, only surprise, it's not so easy, and things are spiraling, and people hate him, and he's having to escalate further and further and I'm not sure how much progress he's making on the Quest, and given the broadcast Rodimus made nobody off the ship is going to trust him, either. He's turbofucked and suddenly everything he's done to get to this point is just bad because he's got nothing to show for it, so he's desperately grasping at any measure of control he can find to try to somehow turn things around again.

By the way, his inferiority complex and savior complex? I wonder how bad they were before he was tortured for several years (?) by Tyrest. It wouldn't surprise me if he'd always had these tendencies but kept them better in check, but the prolonged isolation, torture, and degradation by Tyrest sent him into a major spiral. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Like, he prides himself on being able to get out of bad situations and not being affected, but he was stuck in a situation he couldn't escape, he was helpless, he would never have escaped or even lived if Rodimus and co hadn't gotten 'distracted' and helped him, and I think maybe that's why he's grabbing for power now, because he needs to feel in control of something again. He wants to establish that he's still in charge of himself by dominating others, rather than admitting that he's not okay.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

holiday.png
    Just reread this in honor of the holidays coming up and...

Now I wanna see Whirl's scraplet babby take on the ones that Getaway is using in a scraplet free for all

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 1
  11. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

The red scraplet in LL 11 is very large compared to the scraplets we've seen before, both Whirl's and Ultra Magnus's. Either that, or it's a conglomeration of smaller scraplets.

12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Hey so I'm all caught up on LL.

Gonna take me a bit of time to finish the rest of the lines still.

I don't have words, I only have various feelings.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. Verily

I've been meaning to drop this cap in the thread. We were watching G1 the other day and somebody forgot to finish drawing Starscream's face:

[​IMG]

So if you've ever wondered what Starscream would look like if he had a faceplate that protected his mouth but not his nose for some reason, now you know.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

that or he's suddenly developed Kermit Mouth Syndrome

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

"HI HO STARSCREAM DE JET HERE ON THE NEMESIS AND MEGATRON AS FALLEN, MAKING ME THE LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS" *kermit flail* "AAAAAAAAAAAA"

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  16. spockandawe

I'm not quite stringing together the words for 'in every generation, there's a secret kermit', but we've got a g1 kermit and an idw kermit and now we just have to connect the dots in between them

tailgate kermit 4.png

• Winner x 5
    • Witnessed x 1
  17. Verily

Then we have to analyze the pattern of those dots for the true implications of Kermit.

(I was halfway through typing “have” when my decided the only possible autocomplete suggestions were “Sentinel Prime” and “Autobot”. I know I talk a lot about robots on my phone but I don’t recall having much to say about Sentinel? I’d say my phone knows me oddly well but it’s less well and more just odd.)

18. spockandawe

The last time I tried playing autocomplete games with my throne, it brought up Laserbeak, which was unusual enough, but then the ending of the sentence became '... Laserbeak and I love you too baby girl'

I mean, yes, but how.

Not to mention that I don't think I've ever said that in my life?

(and then my phone decided that this was a good trend and started attaching that 'I love you too baby girl' to everything, and I gave up for the night when it did it for Jazz)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  19. Verily

Everything about this is amazing, especially what I assume was an autocorrect of phone to throne, because I’m now imagining Starscream with his crown writing autocomplete texts to Laserbeak. And also Jazz.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  20. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

Laserbeak and I love you too baby girl and I love you too baby girl and I love you too baby girl and I love you too baby girl and I love you too baby girl and I love you too baby girl and I love you too baby girl and I love you too baby girl

TBT to that time when spock's phone made my phone's autocomplete believe i, too, was the sort of person who said things like 'love you too baby girl'

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Winner x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice