TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Rehsepay

Rehsepay Teacup Dog

Bumblebee: The Movie trailer is out!

Starscream, my beautiful bird son!!!

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

well, that's painfully cute

• Agree x 4
  3. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Female lead woooooo
    Also:
    Dear director: that underwater scene looks like something out of The Shape Of Water

am I given a robot/human romance is that's what happening

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree x 2
  5. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

There's a lot of stuff about the Transformers that doesn't make any sense, but why are there Pretenders, fully transforming Pretenders, that turn into vehicles, whose Pretender shells are not humans or monsters but are other, larger vehicles? It's not even like the Magnus armor or anything, or even Thunderwing's "I'm a robot that turns into a plane disguised as a samurai that turns into a plane because it makes me stronger". There's no larger robot form here to act as a power up. It's just a robot in disguise in disguise.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Winner x 6
  6. aetherGeologist

I think you've answered your own question

• Agree x 1
  7. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

9C71E86F-B021-423A-ACA6-38B68FABF7A2.jpeg

Chromedome oh my god

29CFFF2E-8D53-4370-BD70-B0A0F75EB30F.jpeg

Whirl’s flirtation detectors are set to aemula endura 24/7

22D3238E-5AD8-45E2-A136-43268776B23A.jpeg

YESSSSSSSSS

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  8. Petra

Petra space case

• Agree x 3
  9. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

• Useful x 3
    • Winner x 1
  10. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Jro knows how to punch people right in the feelings and I don't think I have a liveblog that's not just nine pages of "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA" in varying tones of voice text
    This is officially the second ever issue that has made me physically cry

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Are they now sparkeaters?

12. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I could scream forever, but I can't even narrow it down enough to find a place to start. I want Nautica and the Scavengers to be best friends. I want Brainstorm and Misfire to be best friends. I want more Drift and Ratchet trying to take care of each other. I am delighted at someone appreciating Swerve, but I am veryveryvery worried now that what was making him happy isn't real after all. I am very unsurprised at whose emotions took the lotus eater machine right to the afterlife, but it still pulled a heartfelt melancholy sigh out of me. As much as I'm glad Tailgate is alive, I'm still not done worrying about Cyclonus. Whirl continues to be a joy and a delight and I'm so glad he's got people he cares about enough to be straightforward about protecting them. Everything about this issue, just.... oh my GOD, wow.

• Agree x 6
  13. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

• Agree x 8
  14. aetherGeologist

AA59F359-9C65-4400-8C81-814F97FE70F3.jpeg
    This is a WIP really but the sketch came out way better than I expected

• Winner x 3
  15. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

So I've been exploring python's image processing capabilities while reviewing my image processing knowledge. It's been a few years so I pretty much started from the simplest possible things and am working up. Yesterday was very simple contrast stretching. (Took a washed-out grayscale image, made it use the entire value range from black to white.)

I've been using random screencaps of Soundwave from TFP for a lot of this. (Not the contrast stretching because it's already utilizing so much of the range that the difference isn't actually visible.) But I did want to make sure my grayscale conversion function worked okay on a color image. So I did that to Soundwave.

[​IMG]

Then I talked about maybe trying to preserve the deep purples while making the rest of the image grayscale. I had to change things up a bit because the above image actually is a grayscale image. It has no room for color data. So I had to change the image type to RGB. Then I decided to just look for pixels where blue > red > green and preserve those while grayscaling the rest as a start, just to see what happened.

It worked pretty well except I made a mistake. I was continuing to treat the non-purple part of the image as if it had only one channel (gray) rather than three color channels. I was only passing it one value, so it stuck it in the red channel and left the green and blue channels blank. The result was interesting.

[​IMG]

I was happy that it hadn't picked up sky pixels, as I had feared it might, but he was a bit splotchy. Also the other problem. Needless to say, I have preserved a copy of this version of my function for posterity. Then I fixed my original version.

[​IMG]

Still a bit splotchy, but not bad! May apply some gaussian shenanigans to the affected areas and see how that looks, as soon as I work up to implementing masks again. Which should be soon because I don't remember it being all that difficult. I'll get there soon enough.

• Winner x 6
    • Informative x 1
  16. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

and then, i did this :
    WHERE MY BBS AT.png

• Winner x 12
  17. Verily

So pretty much I made a mistake and Hawke made A Masterpiece.

18. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

honestly the middle image has a very powerful vibe, I kind of love it

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
  19. Verily

Written for python 3.6 with the Pillow library installed for necessary image stuff.
    Code:
    import PIL.Image

def BloodMatrix(filelocation): #takes file location as string
        'turn image into bloody hellscape with purple'

try: #preventing a million obnoxious error msgs if you fuck up the argument

im = PIL.Image.open(filelocation)
            pcopy = im.copy()
            im.close() #is this necessary? iunno
            pcopy.show() #comment this out if you don't want it displaying the 'before' image

#create new, properly sized canvas for the upcoming work of art
            bloodbath = PIL.Image.new('RGB', pcopy.size)

w, h = pcopy.size #puts image width in w and height in h

#iterate through each pixel in the image
            for j in range(0, h):
                for i in range(0, w):

pixel = pcopy.getpixel((i,j)) #copy pixel from 'before' image

#if pixel has blue > red > green, copy it directly onto new canvas
                    if pixel[2] > pixel[0] and pixel[0] > pixel[1]:
                        bloodbath.putpixel((i,j), pixel)

else:
                        bloodbath.putpixel((i,j), ((pixel[0] + pixel[1] + pixel[2])//3))
                        #average rgb values (// forces an integer result when dividing)
                        #pass result value ONLY INTO THE RED CHANNEL BECAUSE YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE

bloodbath.show() #just look at this mess. comment out if you'd rather not look

return bloodbath #this function returns a copy of your horrible creation. no escape

except: #the block of shame. something went wrong and we're assuming it was your fault
            print ('bad file')
            return PIL.Image.new('RGB', (1,1)) #placeholder image in case you were relying on an image return

To call this function:
    Code:
    BloodMatrix('C:\\Users\Whomst\Pictures\file.png')

or

theHorror = BloodMatrix('C:\\Users\Whomst\Pictures\file.png')

if you would like to store a copy of the resulting image in a variable for whatever reason

• Winner x 2
  20. Petra

Petra space case

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice