TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I’m going to be there! I won’t be around on Friday but I’ll be around most of the weekend.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. aetherGeologist

Presumably Minimus Ambus, like his brother, has an animal altmode. However, his irreducible form has no kibble. Therefore, I propose this suggestion
    minimusNOPE254.png
    the scavengers see him down a dimly lit corridor on the lost light one night and become absolutely convinced it's ravage's ghost haunting them.

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
  3. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

i'm here to declare my eternal love for this pea pod coloured Most Cursedest Of Alts

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  4. aetherGeologist

It was windscream week last week and althougth I failed to do the full week i still got a couple of nice pictures done.
    windscreamsmol.png IMG_2366smol.png
    I really wanted to make something based on the triumph of time put didn't get around to it. Maybe later.

• Winner x 7
  5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Quality over quantity, I'd say! He looks like he's just realized that he prepared for every eventuality but forgot that nice things could be an eventuality, and it's awfully hard to improvise if you have momentarily forgotten how thoughts are formed. And the second piece is just entirely sexy-adorable.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. aetherGeologist

I didn't know that was what I was trying to capture until you said it but Yes.

• Winner x 1
  7. Hawkeguy

the first one is adorable and OOF THAT SECOND PIC. holy shit [FLAILING INCOHERENTLY]

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

For reasons I don't totally understand but probably are some sort of elitism, I don't really like the idea of Scramble-City-style combiners where the limbs are interchangeable and the hands and feet are extra bits that don't do anything when not combined. Unfortunately for me, most combiners are Scramble-City to various extents.
    This can lead to problems like losing the damn things, but also the connections between the limb bots and the feet and hands can vary in sturdiness and ease of connection, which is perfectly understandable: we want them to be easy to remove when we want them to be but impossible to remove otherwise, which is not an easy balance to strike. This can be pretty bad for the feet, however, since those connections are holding up so much weight.
    I like Devastator because Scrapper and Mixmaster have Devastator's feet as just parts of their normal bodies; I mean, it leads to Devastator having some interesting-looking feet, but that makes him look like a combiner and not just a big robot with some smaller robots painted on. But even then the forearms aren't really part of Bonescrusher or Scavenger, and unlike most Scramble-City combiners it is the entire forearms and not just the hands.

Anyway, this is all to say that I am super jazzed about Mastermind Creation's new not-Bruticus, because the hands are actually built into not-Vortex and not-Blast Off and the feet are built into not-Swindle and not-Brawl. It appears that the wrists don't go all the way around, because that would be asking a bit too much, and I'm not sure how much foot articulation there is, but still. Feats of engineering.

[EDIT] I really appreciate that in IDW's Phase 1 run, when Menasor first shows up you can see Motormaster breaking apart to form the feet and hands.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. Kemmasandi

Kemmasandi Optimus Prime's disapproving eyebrows

A 7.4k word update for Rise, featuring Orion having a really bad day, Megatronus having a pretty good day, all things considered, and a whole lot of worldbuilding that I couldn't bear to cut.

• Winner x 2
  10. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Ohhh i've been waiting for this fight scene!
    (Also: god i love your world building so much, hnnnn)

11. Kemmasandi

That's good, because I can never resist shoving more into it xD;

• Winner x 2
  12. aetherGeologist

2D56BEA6-8DF0-4B73-85FC-13696A7E3A25.png 27DD0104-3B60-4A6E-9088-46B05B7C6420.png
    I’m still all about this pairing.
    Also: making Megatron garishly colourful and still read as silver was an interesting challenge

• Winner x 6
  13. Kemmasandi

• Winner x 2
  14. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

y'know how I made a soundy plush and was throwing around the idea of making a KO one, too?

Well. It's happening. I've finished my template build today so I can start the drawing and cutting tomorrow, or whenever my hands stop protesting

• Winner x 3
  15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

hey does anyone remember what issue TC's screenplay with the line "handsome like an F-22 fighter jet" was in? I have a Mighty Need to lay my grubby lil hands on it

16. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Issue 28 or 29, iirc. I think it should be the first issue after they finish up with Dark Cybertron!

• Useful x 2
  17. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

i havent engaged w cyberverse beyond attempting to watch the first episode., but i saw a clip earlier today of
    megatron beating the absolute hell out of starscream for TWO WHOLE MINUTES OF THE EPISODES RUNTIME? HELLO?

they really were like "hey..... remember old idw. we do too :)" and threw spotlight megatron 2: electric boogaloo at everyone

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    • Informative x 5
  18. Loq

h... hey... hey guys.... do we ever have confirmation that the Scavengers leave the Lost Light? are they on there for the victory lap?
    is grimlock's tiddy baby on a space road trip with 250+ robot parents?

• Winner x 5
  19. Loq

THEY ARE IN FACT ONBOARD
    Screenshot_20191008-215435~2.png
    Connie is never brought up but in my heart they went to get her back from Agonizer

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  20. Hawkeguy

[rolls in] my sleepless head produced some very rough shitpost filk about mtmtmegatron that i'm now throwing here for unknown reasons

(to the vague tune of “skipper jan rebek”)

who got installed last week on trial?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

the target of rodimus’ denial?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

(refrain:)

now up, bots, leave your slabs, up, bots, hands on deck!

up, or he’ll break your back, that’s captain buckethead!

who finally got the schedule repaired?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

and who squeaks and creaks from rust and wear?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

[refrain]

who regrets all his life’s choices?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

and who just told lotty he’s hearing voices?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

[refrain]

who found this old bot with weird intentions?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

and got his ass stranded in another dimension?

CAPTAIN BUCKETHEAD

and now up, bots, run for cover

ten minutes and we're back,

and so, bots, we left him there,

lord captain buckethead!

• Winner x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice