TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Kemmasandi

Kemmasandi Optimus Prime's disapproving eyebrows

opens mouth, emits foghorn noises

Rise has 20 chapters now aw yee 8D In this installment, Orion Pax deals with a uni group project and also Commits A Crime in the name of helping out someone he literally just met.

• Winner x 3
  2. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I made a Starscream shrine and I’m really not sure if it’s a joke or not
    15D160C2-0291-4970-9A00-7449F5F9E656.jpeg

• Winner x 12
  3. Camber

Camber Active Member

that 'do it for him' poster is Amazing, where did you find it?

accidentally, channeling starscream and using this as a... centering... mantra??... has become one of the things that best helps me calm down because god running through it makes me laugh
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  4. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I realized today that, even assuming that the names are translations, how much sense does Bonecrusher's name make for a Cybertronian? In the sense of: Cybertronians don't really seem to have bones. They have a frame, I guess, on which their plating hangs, so maybe "bone" is supposed to be a reference to a mostly-self-contained portion of the frame?
    I guess "hide" isn't really a thing that they have either, and yet Ironhide. Except the beast-form ones might have hide. Do they have bones?

And then there's Bumblebee.

Maybe I should just assume that the names used on Earth are mostly made up and aren't actually translations.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I think I remember a panel of Jazz somewhere in the... weird earth politics comic, I forget if it was technically Optimus Prime yet, where he mentions that he changed his name when introduced to the musical style on Earth?

6. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

He compares it to a musical style people used to play on cybertron, i think in the tv interview bit. But there was a cybertronian genre he was originally named for. And I know in the bumblebee movie, he's 'b-[number]' and doesn't get a NAME-name until later. I feel like there are other canons that have brushed the issue too, but I'm on the movie and can't remember enough to google fast :p

• Agree x 4
  7. Loq

8. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

i did it i finished my Knockout Plushie

• Winner x 6
  9. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Eyyy who else is headed to tfcon? Anyone wanna meet up?

10. spockandawe

(I have also made my way to tfcon, but i have been having a Big Anxiety week month and will probably be avoiding human contact? Idk, if stress levels drop, but I've been nonstop hella frazzled for no discernable reason and have to hold enough reserves to meet old friends and their brand new baby and make the drive back home tomorrow)

• Witnessed x 5
  11. spockandawe

I finally cracked open one of my flame toys kits last night, just to see what was in there, and, uh, suddenly it was after midnight and I should have been asleep ages ago? And I was only halfway done, so I rolled out of bed and finished it this morning.

And I really enjoyed this!! I beat up my hands pretty good, so I'm not starting starscream or megatron, but thundercracker was a low-emotional-investment test run to see how bad I was at this, and it turns out I'm not bad at all. Plus, apparently there's a drift kit coming out soon, there's a windblade prototype in progress, and I NEED them XD

0be233db-fcb5-4f76-839b-7def11de1fc2.jpg

• Winner x 11
  12. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh he's very pretty

• Agree x 6
  13. Loq

GameStop's got soundy shirts yall
    IMG_20191102_171745.jpg
    and also apparently someone from a Ghostbusters crossover??? but either my robot ID-fu is too weak or they made a new one for that

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. aetherGeologist

Its from Sarah pitre-durochner’s print shop here

And yeah, Starscream’s ended up as kind of a something? Not quite a role model but over the last few months with being in a really bad place at work and then leaving to do my own thing thinking about how he’d deal with the situation has been surprisingly helpful.

• Agree x 1
  15. Loq

hey, uh
    does anyone remember seeing Rung during the killswitch sequence? because if the Matrix(es) Is Rung, and the killswitch runs by targeting the code/spark frequency extracted From The Matrix.........
    tyrest has been trying to kill primus since day one huh

16. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I think he may still have been recovering from the head shot? But I dunno, my timeline isn’t reliable.

In any case, stop it, Tyrest, that’s so rude!

17. aetherGeologist

0BC1E03F-AB05-458A-BD60-4CD3A33D1425.jpeg
    He’s there through the whole sequence and doesn’t seem to be affected by the killswitch at all.

• Informative x 3
  18. aetherGeologist

So I went to a comic convention that jack Lawrence was at a few weeks ago and commissioned him for the most self-indulgent thing I’ve ever bought B0F54DD9-83C4-40D5-AFAC-392677E589BD.jpeg

• Winner x 9
  19. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

That's a funny way to spell 'doing a public service'

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

I loved that commission!!! also yes a great public service thank you for buying that.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice