TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

What would happen if you stuck the Matrix into Soundwave's cassette cavity?

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

The celestial harmony in stereo?

• Winner x 3
  3. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Rumble and Frenzy using it as a disco ball?

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Ravage tries to climb inside it

• Winner x 3
  5. Exohedron

I like how none of you went to "Soundwave becomes the next Prime".

• Like x 4
  6. Exohedron

For a moment I had the thought of "If they ever make a live-action Transformers movie I wonder if I would be comfortable with the thought of Scarlett Johansson playing Arcee?"

• Like x 1
  7. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I like the implaction of there not having been any live action Transformers movies.

• Agree x 3
  8. Exohedron

Yeah, I was kind of happy for that moment.

• Agree x 2
  9. Exohedron

Also I think I was picturing the Transformers as actors in costumes instead of CGI and large-scale puppetry.

• Winner x 1
  10. aetherGeologist

• Winner x 1
  11. aetherGeologist

What do you prefer, pupils or no pupils?
    cardpriestessnopupils.png cardpriestesspupils.png

• Winner x 3
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Pupils shows more emotion imo!

ETA: Forgot to say that is awesome art!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

without is more impactful imo

• Like x 1
  14. Exohedron

The pupils make it look like he's looking down whereas without pupils he looks like he's looking straight forward.
    For reasons I can't quite articulate, without pupils makes the picture look like a slight abstraction of a face, whereas with pupils it looks more like a depiction of an actual face. Guess I'm learning where my thresholds for what counts as "representational art" live.
    Anyway, without the pupils, the white parts of the eyes pop more, and I like that.

• Like x 1
  15. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

It’s like a dream where I’m at the eye doctor’s being fitted for amazing magic lenses that make everything so clear and beautiful, and the technician keeps asking me “1 or 2” but I can’t decide which one is objectively better.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. aetherGeologist

Thanks for the input! I think I’ll go for the one without pupils - it’s for the tarot deck, so more abstraction works.

17. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

The page count on this thread is just *kisses fingers*

Before getting into TF I was, like, always peripherally aware that the fandom existed and kinda just filed it into the category of The Great Old Ones, I'd never imagine it was as active and batshit as it turned out to be.

I'm primarily into Aligned, myself

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. HonestlyVan

Oh hey also, I wanna advertise myself b/c I literally just took a writing holiday to work on this thing, I'm writing a fake-biology book type fic on Ao3 if there's anyone here who's into that kind of thing. I literally finished Chapter 4 on Wednesday and banged out Draft 1 of Chapter 5 on Saturday and I'm not even into the stuff I wanna talk about i.e. software integration and sensory systems, that's like two chapters from now.

TF is like. Worldbuilding catnip to me, basically -- I love me some civil war stories and I love me some funky alien biology and I pretty much spent the entire time I was watching Prime (common denominator gateway drug, yes, I know) being excited to see what had been done with All Of That. Imagine my general surprise when the only fic I've really ran into that gets into it is Xenoethnography.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  20. HonestlyVan

That's cool, I'm not really into the comics anyway. I'm currently biding time until the NWFC cartoon later this year -- I'm pretty hopeful for it, considering how generally well-received the 80's Revival shows like Voltron and SPOP have been, we seem to be going through A Bit Of A Boom. Maybe Hasbro is finally taking a page out of the Mouse's book as far as brand management goes. I'm also trying to work up the motivation to watch Cyberverse -- it was a little light and soft for my taste but I had just watched a bunch of G1 when I started it so I probably just need to wait until I'm in the mood for Wacky Hijinks.

Oooh and I also recently acquired Fall of Cybertron so I need to get started on that as well. The games were the thing that solidified that This Was Gonna Be The Thing I'm Into Now, Oh Dear, but my chosen console for the previous generation is the 360 and the High Moon games have turned out to be unprecedentedly hard to get for it =_=) I really wish these games had couch co-op, I'm not terrible at shooty but I definitely have more fun with it when it's with a friend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice