TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

secretsolenoidclean.png
    Don't think I've got round to posting this here yet - It was my secret solenoid entry.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  2. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

We finally have a trailer for NWFC

(My reaction can be summed up as "well, it looks about what I expe-- WAS THAT IMPACTOR???", ever the easy mark :D)

I was kinda >:/ about the choice of name but looking at the general aesthetic of this, I'm now curious if it's meant to actually be in-line with the Aligned games/novels? I didn't think it was likely, but it would definitely be exciting if that's what they're going for.

3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

bangs fists on table
    PRETTY ANIMATION
    (why does everyone have lips tho, that's terrifying)

4. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

It seems like WFC: Siege uses a lot of the Aligned-continuity models mostly because a lot of the toys are redecoes/remolds of Aligned-continuity toys, but other than vague rehashes of the some of the basic storylines it doesn't really seem like it's set in the same universe. Rather, it seems to be a sequel to the Machinima series of Combiner Wars, Titans Return and Power of the Primes.

• Informative x 2
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

the animation looks smooth and expressive but all i could think of was 'oh god did they let Ramondelli do the concept art for this?' bc it's so many textures and i keep losing track in the visually busy frames.....

• Agree x 2
  6. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

After a month of being a work nomad, i FINALLY have a desk at my new work, and I was able to start bringing in my stuff. So of course, I started with the important things

0225201329-01.jpeg

• Winner x 8
  7. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

That ambulon one is amazing

8. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

this is nsfw but is also related to tf hfmfnmgng.vvn

so... in the wake of the windblade figure drama, someone posted.... a very short, silly fic about windblade not wanting to be a part of "SJW Decepticon diversity politics" and owning the SJWs by uh... breaking up w her girlfriend and being naked and ~empowered~.

so i kindly took it upon myself to make a parody fic related to it, about megatron stepping away the "SJW Autobots" and embracing his masculinity by being an ~empowered~ naked man all of the time, the way female tf figures sometimes are just naked women with robot bits stuck to them.

anyway heres the link to both fics the link to the original one is after the title, i took some liberties, but also kept some things the same. my boyfriend (lovingly) hates me for it

• Winner x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Oh my god

He bent over, showing Optimus his beautiful manly taint.

"Hashtag…. triggered?"

Oh my god XDDDDDD

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. Exohedron

I was talking to a coworker who was a fan of the original Trasformers cartoon back in the 80s, but hadn't kept up with it since (he's more of a Marvel comics guy) and mentioned to him that the Cassettecons and Cassettebots don't turn into cassettes anymore, and yet the once-aptly-named Rewind is still Rewind despite now transforming into a tablet or a tank or a datastick or whatever. He found that amusing.
    But outside of the cassettes, I don't think any of the other transformers have had such significant updates to their alt-modes, mostly because they all turn into vehicles and animals, neither of which have gotten such changes in the past 40 years. Yeah, trucks and cars change subtly, but in terms of both overall shape and functionality a car is still mostly a car. Like, even the Aligned stuff, Optimus is still a truck even if it's not an Earth truck anymore.
    I suppose there was like the Alternators line where a bunch of non-car transformers got re-alted into cars because Hasbro wanted brand tie-ins, but from the toy sales it's clear that everyone knew that Alternators was bullshit.

11. HonestlyVan

Now that makes me want some kind of a "reforged" series where they just go crazy and change everyone's alt forms to something entirely different.

12. Exohedron

13. Exohedron

Also I guess there's Megatron in the Robots In Disguise cartoon, whose alts at least included a dragon and a jet (well, not quite a bomber but whatever) but didn't include a tank or a gun.

14. HonestlyVan

Megatron doesn't count. He changes alts like a weathervane changes direction.

And I'mmm not entirely sure if I get the point of that article? Beast Wars had an all-new cast, didn't it? General resistance to things that have not been tried before is one thing, but I was thinking more like. An AU-type thing like SG where you take established characters and futz around with their alt forms and associated social positions. You know, something that would definitely get you branded a fandom heretic by the fun police.

15. Exohedron

So you weren't around for the initial Beast Wars broadcast (technically, I was only vaguely aware of a Transformers fandom at the time, so I really don't have much room to talk) but apparently a lot of people were super pissed, even after it was canonically established that Optimus Primal wasn't supposed to be Optimus Prime, because apparently Transformers fans have the maturity of the target market even if they've passed the age range of the target market. And Optimus Prime was, you know, the Transformer, so any changes to his image, or changes to any images that might be associated to him, was rank blasphemy.
    But anyway, the Transformers Fandom has dumb, loud drama that in other fandoms might be explained by racism or sexism or whatnot, but here it's just clearly just status games and maladaptive clinging to the past despite the fact that the Transformers as a whole are explicitly a means to sell plastic to people who are currently actually children and as such has the incentive structure of a means to sell plastic to children instead of to adults who were children. Eventually we'll get around to making fun of the complainers, but they're still loud.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    • Informative x 1
  16. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

And yet the complainers were powerless to stop the financially advantageous natural disaster that was director Michael Bay.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. Exohedron

I'm actually coming to sort of appreciate the design of Bay-Movie Devastator, not because I think it looks good, but because I am very on board with combiners being horrible messes (note: I would still rather have the individual robots be a bit more sleek and organized than Bayformers generally are). I like the idea of combiners being a Thing That Shouldn't Happen in the Transformers body-horror style. If it's an abomination in the eyes of Primus, make it look like an abomination in the eyes of Primus.
    My main gripe with Bayvastator is actually that it's too hard to see the vehicle kibble. Like, you can tell that there's a crane somewhere in there, but the rest of it is just generic robot bits unless you're really looking hard. Compare to the combiners in any other continuity, where it's pretty clear what vehicles or creatures got mangled to form the thing, and makes it actually more horrific, that you can tell that there are several screaming souls mashed together.

• Agree x 4
    • Informative x 1
  18. Exohedron

• Winner x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh for fuck's sake hasbro

20. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

It’s so absurd I’m not even mad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice