TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

..... i will say that's a *very* reasonable price for such a big and nicely articulated and detailed figurine. nice catch but rip your ability to display literally anything else :P

• Agree x 1
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

To be clear, I would still have chosen to buy this thing if I had paid better attention to the product description. At $89 this was a steal. I was just very surprised.

• Like x 2
  3. Exohedron

4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I'm reading them! I'm enjoying them quite a bit, so far they've been fun - I'm really hoping Nyx and Skold show up in some other stuff, they've been great. Actually, I'm pretty disappointed that the licenses changing means that it'll probably wrap up after this arc - I really wanted to see more takes on some of the old characters and plot points, but it seems like there won't be time for those.

On the bright side, Nick Roche is character designing for Nickelodeon's new Transformers cartoon? We have basically no material for it but the crew do seem good...

5. Exohedron

• Winner x 2
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

ohhh I haven't caught up on that in a while :D

7. Exohedron

I'm always rather confused when transformers toymakers make a combiner, and for some reason release the pieces in random order but manage to leave one of the legs for last. Why does that leg always take so damn long? Especially for combiners where the two legs are almost mold-identical! Headstrong and Tantrum are almost exactly the same, just move the horns! I have every single piece of Cang-Toy's not-Predaking except for one of the legs and so the stupid guy can't stand up! I even have both feet, but only one leg!

This is why Moon Studio is great: for the no-Raiden train combiner first they released the two legs, then the lower torso, then the upper torso, and then the arms! It's the correct order to release things in!

On the other hand, I was surprised to find that the lower torso for not-Predaking, which has a gorilla alt-mode, does not use the arms to become the thighs of the robot mode. Instead the arms move out of the way and the legs slide up to where the shoulders attached and those become the thighs, which would be more surprising if they hadn't pulled a similar move with their not-Divebomb to swap the arms and the wings. Less scary this time, though.

[EDIT] Okay, I got not-Hardhead, and it turns out that there are quite a few differences in the transformation after all compared to not-Tantrum. Mostly for the better, I think; the transformation is significantly simpler. Also it came with a bunch of Lunar New Year red pockets with not-Predaking on them, which made me laugh (all of them were empty, though, sadface)
    So I guess it makes some sense that their engineers had to take the time to figure some stuff out. Still, I would have thought that they would spend their learning cycles on like the gorilla or not-Divebomb, rather than not-Hardhead.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Like x 2
  8. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

So! Transformers Earthspark has been out for a while now, did anyone else watch it and what did you think of it?

9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

A friend of mine watched it and adored it. I've still gotten around to it, but like in general the response I've been seeing from my friends is that it's very good.

• Agree x 1
  10. HonestlyVan

I definitely enjoyed it, I think the animation is overall solid and it has some absolutely gorgeous sequences on par or possibly even surpassing Prime. I also really enjoy the script and voice direction -- which the main thing that put me off Cyberverse. The world and characters also have a lot of potential, and I'm really hoping it keeps receiving positive attention because it would suck if this one went the way of IDW'19

Really thought the Season 1 finale was kind of a mess, though. It got thematically ambitious and was holding up really well right up until pretty much the backhalf of Episode 10.

11. KarrinBlue

So, some updates since Skybound started publishing comics again. After basically going radio silent about the plans for Transformers, they launched a new sci-fi comic about two aliens from different warring worlds being trapped on an asteroid together. They realize that while their two shuttles are trashed, there's a third signal on the asteroid - some strange, but remarkably complete, apparently flight capable jet half buried. They unearth it, connect it to their power source, and -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's Jetfire, waking up after millions of years out of commission, as is his wont, and immediately ditching them.

And they kept this SECRET. They even separated the copyright information about everything belonging to Hasbro from the rest of the page 1 legalese and hid it in the back of the book. Although they did make this adorable cover for the second printing:

[​IMG]

Also, we got a preview of the new series!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  12. Exohedron

13. KarrinBlue

Also, they released some preview art:

[​IMG]
    Optimus, Arcee, Ratchet, Wheeljack, and a ittybitty Cliffjumper for the Autobots.

And for the Decepticons -
    [​IMG]
    Well, hold on.

Someone's missing!

(I also love his big :D)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
  14. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

aaaAAaaAAA!! comix!! i'm excited, i'm wayyy behind on transformers stuff

15. HonestlyVan

I'm super happy about this art style and direction so far.

16. KarrinBlue

Yeah, I'm enjoying the art style a lot! Lots of squiggly detail on the ship, but the human faces are easy to read. The colors look nice so far too. I'm just hoping now it doesn't take too long to add in more girl robots.

17. Exohedron

More plastic:
    [​IMG]

I don't normally care about OP, but I'm gonna have to get this to go with my chibi Arcee and chibi Chromia.

• Winner x 2
  18. KarrinBlue

The new comic is out today, I enjoyed it, but most importantly:

unknown (1).jpeg
    Carly is here and she's painted her own wizard van.

• Winner x 5
  19. Exohedron

On the one hand, this is a pretty nice triple-changer, if you want an Alternators Ravage
    [​IMG]
    On the other hand, they really missed an opportunity to make a Jaguar (animal) that turns into a Jaguar (car) that turns into a Jaguar (fighter plane).

• Agree x 4
  20. Exohedron

Speaking of fighter planes, Touch Toy's Carefray is extremely clean in alt mode:

[​IMG]

There is essentially no robot visible in alt mode, even from below. Compare with basically any other jetformer, where the alt mode is basically a fuselage and wings with a robot strapped to the bottom, occasionally doing the splits.

[​IMG]

It's just so clean.

[​IMG]

Absolute bitch to transform, though. Unsurprising.

Anyway, third-party engineering is incredible.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    • Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice