TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I have a problem (X) (X)

attic (brainstorm) - done.jpg apocalypse (Starscream DC) - done.jpg autumnal (nautica, firestar) - done.jpg array (Dominus Ambus) - done.jpg balloon (Megatron young) - done.jpg candybar (whirl, red alert, swerve) - done.jpg cathedral (ratchet, maybe ten) - done.jpg calgary (megatron, tarn) - done.jpg bouquet (chromedome prowl) - done.jpg bean (Rodimus) - done.jpg

I'm done for the night, I think, because my attention span has run out and my mind has moved on to jazz/prowl d/s dynamics but I am having so much fun with these. And my folder is sorted alphabetically and the fifteen images I've now posted only take me up through.... the very beginning of C. I am really enjoying this game.

• Like x 8
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Why do these hurt so good. Especially the Trepan one, that's perfect.

• Like x 3
  3. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

That last Rodimus one just hit me with immense amounts of pain on top of the growing Homestuck-induced terrorticipation and I was not prepared

• Like x 4
  4. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Completely unsupported hypothesis re: Rung
    His altmode is the Key to Vector Sigma. I have no idea why I think this, other than his altmode's shape is vaguely similar to other universes' Keys to Vector Sigma, and it would give a reason why his altmode would be considered so powerful. Although I have no idea why it would be considered dangerous.

• Like x 7
  5. spockandawe

Poor decisions have been made (oh god, why am I not asleep)

stylepoints (overlord rotorstorm) - done.jpg thefall (sunstreaker) - done.jpg tsa (tracks, needlenose) - done.jpg doubledogs (thundercracker, buster) - done.jpg child (whirl) - done.jpg modernprometheus (trepan) - done.jpg timeandtide (trailcutter) - done.jpg train (sunstreaker) - done.jpg

• Like x 8
  6. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

You're an awful person and I love you.

• Like x 2
  7. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

@spockandawe aw spock no. c'mon. c'mon, don't do this. just...... put the photo editing software down, alright? nobody else needs to get hurt. you can still walk away from this. i'm fine.

• Like x 4
  8. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

EDIT: okay okay okay it's no longer 3 something in the morning and i am no longer tipsy so now i can do Words About Rung properly, with Helpful Visual Aids
    altmode.jpg
    so there's rung's mystery altmode. if he's telling the truth here, then even he doesn't know what the hell he is.
    it does, however, look a liiiittle bit like a simplified version of whatever nightbeat's looking at here
    key.jpg
    which looks a lot like a key. this scene is immediately before he starts going on about how there are only so many mysteries left to solve, so the key-lookin' thing is most likely part of one of those few unsolved "proper mysteries". he's not specific about what the third mystery in the "big 3" is, so idk if that's a Thing or if he just means the knights.

and then there's functionist universe rung! i'd like to think it's significant that it's a janitor, not quark, who figures out what rung turns into. idk why i think that matters, but i do.
    janitorial insight.png

we've seen that rung has no mobility when he transforms, but the functionists treat his ability to transform as a threat as soon as they realize what exactly he transforms into. and apparently it is time sensitive?

and. i am discovering halfway into this, several hours after having clicked "edit" and subsequently wandering off a dozen times, that words are not actually working for me today. which is... frustrating. very frustrating, actually. i hate losing my words.

time for bullet points i guess!!!
    - functionist-rung differentiates between what he "turns into" and what he's "for"
    - the functionists think rung's alt-mode is in itself a threat to them, to be destroyed immediately ("the very last thing we want"). possibly this is just political? he's already got a cult following. shrug!
    - apparently killing him will have serious repercussions ("If you pull that trigger it's the beginning of the end.") but alt-rung died on the other lost light, so: ??? maybe the fact that regular rung still exists makes the difference, though.
    - rung doesn't want to be 'used' in the regular timeline, which means that 1) at some point between #22 and #50 he's figured out what he's for, or at least has a theory, and 2) it's Bad News Bears in the wrong hands
    - rung does not need to be alive for his alt-mode to be 'used,' maybe. or at least rung doesn't want to take that chance.

so. in conclusion, ??? but also, yeah, i think he's a key to something.

an update: just kidding, it turned out i could not Words Properly, for some reason i am all kinds of incapable of Wordsing Properly at the moment.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • Like x 3
  9. spockandawe

you can't tell me what to do i still have 265 unedited comics left for the transformers-ing

admittedly an excessive number of them are best fitted for pharma and he just doesn't have enough screen time to make it work

how obvious is it that I have... issues with self-control?

• Like x 5
  10. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I've been having that flavor of Rodimus feels since Rewind's 'home video' thing where Rodimus is like OF COURSE IM HAPPY.

• Like x 4
  11. Allenna

:P leave some of the rest of us

• Like x 1
  12. Allenna

• Like x 2
  13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

spockspockspockspockspocksdfghjkl
    those a softer world edits hurt my feelings so good

• Like x 3
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I LAUGHED AT THE CD/PROWL ONE AND THEN THE RODIMUS ONE PUNCHED ME THIS HURT

• Like x 4
  15. IvyLB

on review i always like the trepan ones most gee i wonder why

• Like x 4
  16. IvyLB

on that note has anyone ever attempted cosplay transformers without those ridiculous suits like the insane ironman cosplayers make?
    i might... want to make a humaized cyberpunk trepan look *hides face*

17. sirsparklepants

Now you have me wanting to make a Megatron aesthetic blog, because all of those things are directly up my alley. As well as Brutalism and Stalinist architecture... actually I feel like I could make a really good argument that Megatron's character design is reflective of the Brutalist ideal (when he's not made of a billion little pieces-parts, I assume that design is from the Bay movies).

• Like x 5
  18. IvyLB

okay but THAT IS SO TRUE?
    i live in a city with stalinist buildings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit: stalinist not salinist. Though saltiness is also had in this town

• Like x 7
  19. sirsparklepants

Even G1 megs (from my brief googling) is pretty Brutalist. Like, hard strong lines, sharp angles, weight-bearing, little color or decoration, what decorative touches there are tend to be geometric...

(look at this picture of the Shumen Monument I found in my google spiral - it's cubist renditions of Bulgaria's founding fathers, but it looks just like Transformers.)

IMG_3500.jpg

• Like x 10
    • Informative x 1
  20. sirsparklepants

I did the thing. I wrote the meta.

edit: wow the intersection of transformers fans and people who care about art history/architecture is a larger part of the venn diagram than i thought.

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice