TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

So, crossposting from the fiber arts thread, over on tumblr I'm taking requests for characters/ships for simple cross-stitch patterns! Over in make it so, I don't know who's into transformers, and over here, I don't know who's into cross-stitch, so I figured I'd put it in both places so that interested parties could hopefully see. And I didn't say this outright on tumblr, but multiple requests are absolutely fine by me!

• Like x 1
  2. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

My reaction on watching the Prime season 2 opener: So Jack is Hot Rod?

3. ElasticPoodle

ElasticPoodle Motivationstuck Founder

Except less stupid. :B

• Like x 1
  4. Allenna

Poor Hot Rod always the aft of the jokes.

5. Allenna

I need add Smokescreen no. To my Miko No.

Edit:
    we have watched season 2 finale. I need to go lie down and cry.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  6. ElasticPoodle

Oooooooh yeah, that one's a doozy.

Immagine how it was watching this the first time, and having to wait for season three.

7. Allenna

*whimpers* That would have been hell.
    We just finished season three.
    I wish it been a full season and they hadn't just -- dropped the whole Prime and Smokescreen thing.

Still.
    [​IMG]

Next. The movie.

• Like x 1
  8. ElasticPoodle

Ah yes, the Movie.

The movie is important.

9. Allenna

We are watching current. Pretty good so far.

Edit: the movie has hurt me.

(is animated RID any good?)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  10. ElasticPoodle

RID is okay? It's not nearly as good as Prime and significantly less mature but I like it in a "Well this is a nice emotional break from all of the SUFFERING" kind of way.

• Like x 1
  11. Allenna

Well some emotional break from all the suffering might be nice since I also read mtmte. XD

I do wish there was more of Prime. Damn you Hasbro.

12. ElasticPoodle

I'm actually happy with. the ending of Prime. Like, i would have been nice if Season Three had been longer, but it wrapped everything up nicely and the revival of Cybertron was really satisfying.

Like, Bumblebee and Ratchet both complete their character arcs, Optimus wasn't forced to kill Megatron, Knock Out turncoating and finally the war bing over and those who are left being given the chance to build a better world. It's just... yessssssss. This is what we've been fighting for.

Thy finished the story. Whatever happens next will b a different one. There's no point in dragging it out, tha would be a disservice.

• Like x 1
  13. Allenna

I'm pretty happy with the ending too. I would have loved more - longer season 3, a proper season 4. And some better closure to Smokescreen is another Hot Rod stand-in was almost a Prime, but seeing Cybertron alive again and everything else - I really liked it.

14. ElasticPoodle

I disagree? I mean, here are a lot of things I would change about RID but he lighter tone isn't one of them.

The war is over, life has been returned to Cybertron. The Decepticons have either started to reintegrate into society or they're scattered and disorganised. They're not nearly so much of a threat anymore.

I would, however, prefer if the Decepticons weren't all such... One note characters. They could be significantly more interesting, is what I'm saying. And do not ge me started on Russell.

Seriously, his Personality in each episode is just whatever they need to drive the plot.

I don't think hy ever intended to have season four. Hell, the Predacons Rising movie was already an extension on the original plan.

• Like x 1
  15. Allenna

Huh, I had read they'd planned for a full season 4? That's what the tfwiki seems to say.

16. ElasticPoodle

Where does it say that?

17. Allenna

18. Allenna

I'd bet partly because it's a lot cheaper show to make and the fact Hasbro uses some sort of obscure star reading to correlate toy sales from a show.

• Like x 1
  19. I wonder if hasbro realizes that they could sell more toys if -gasp- they included more than one token woman per show! Its almost like they aren't focusing on 51% of the world. Sorry, I have a lot of salt towards how Transformers treats femmes, especially because femmes always win fanbuilds showing we all care

20. ElasticPoodle

See, that's where RID manages to pull ahead. Because RID has Strongarm AND Windblade, and they manage to be, GASP, diverse and interesting!

That said, I did stop following Transformers for several years over their treatment of female characters. They appear o be getting better at least? Baby steps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice