TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

anyone got any smutty tailgate/cyclonus plots they'd like to see done? I'm itching to write something with them but I need something that won't turn multi chapter on me since I already have a multi chapter megarod going.

2. Allenna

Topping from the bottom so to speak?

• Like x 1
  3. ElasticPoodle

ElasticPoodle Motivationstuck Founder

Having not read he comics I am left to baffle over how the hell Cyclonus/Tailgate can be anything other then fucked up/unhealthy/problematic as hell.

I just... who as the writer who decided that the ship that REALLY NEEDED TO BE CANON was Cyclonus/Tailgate? Where did that come from? My head has been tilting so much that it's been rotating in steady circles.

4. ElasticPoodle

ElasticPoodle Motivationstuck Founder

Man, I need to start reading the comics again but I haven't been keeping up with them since not long after All Hail Megatron.

There was just... so much stupid and I maybe kind of ragequit.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  5. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Yeah, MTMTE is so much better than All Hail Megatron. It's well-written, treats the characters with respect, and despite being endless sidequests is surprisingly well-plotted. Yeah without having read the comics the Tailgate/Cyclonus ship doesn't really make much sense, but Roberts writes it convincingly, I think.

• Like x 1
  6. Exohedron

So Sins of the Wreckers. Pretty good, not MTMTE but pretty good. I like Verity Carlo.

7. Exohedron

I don't think it's quite as good, no. I like it, but it's not as well-paced in my opinion; we're on issue 3 and it doesn't feel like we've gotten as far as issue 3 of Last Stand did. On the other hand, Last Stand is a pretty high bar for the IDW comics.
    Also some of the crap Prowl did in the past is coming back to haunt him, which is pretty cool. Also it sets the stage for some stuff that could be game-changers down the road, so there's that.

• Like x 1
  8. Allenna

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  9. Allenna

• Like x 1
  10. Allenna

Not yet I don't think. I think all their Transformers SU stuff is under a tag though. I know they have Soundwave as Lapis

11. Allenna

• Like x 5
  12. Exohedron

Rereading Megatron: Origins, it's kind of funny that the manual classes were worried about their jobs being taken over by robots. I mean, it's a legitimate concern for them, but still.

• Like x 1
  13. Exohedron

Wat. Re: Tailgate: Wat.

Also Sunder's making people turn inside out was deliciously gross and I wish the event had lasted longer just to draw that out.
    Like, think about that up against Tarn. The guy who can kill you if you can hear him and has a transformation addiction versus the guy who can completely bug up your transformation if he can see you.

Also this makes the what, 8th resignation in this series? People are leaving their posts all over the place.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    • Like x 1
  14. Allenna

I don't think Rung's registration will last long. He's got to work some shit out and come to terms with things. But I don't think he'll be off the ship or the book.

15. Allenna

Also I'm about to start unfollowing people because wow some people are being really horrible on both sides about some of the stuff in the last few issues.

16. Exohedron

Yeah, given that he's Robert's OC, he's certainly not going to leave the ship. He's probably going to mope for a while and then suddenly there will be a life-or-death situation where the only solution is for Rung to talk someone down from a Bad Place, and though he'll resist for a while all of his former patients will get together to convince Rung that the real treasure was the therapy sessions they had along the way.

• Like x 1
  17. Allenna

Uh, I think Rung is completely correct in stepping back if he feels he can give care to his patients like he should. He's a) allowed to be a flawed mech b)speaking as someone that gets therapy I would rather have my therapist step back and get back to a place where they could help me and not just press on because the needs of the patients were greater. Sorry, I don't want to fight or argue, I'm just not really okay with the suddenly hostility from all directions at stuff in the fandom. And I'll shut up now, sorry.

• Like x 2
  18. Allenna

I posted one thing to the tumblr.txt thread. Some of its just me not liking drama and seeing people upset. Some of it's people pretty much doing all the old shipping war moves of old but with new sjw language behind it. I was kinda enjoying the fandom (at least the blogs I followed) being chill and having fun respectful meta discussions and everyone respecting each other opinions. Mostly its a few of the blogs I started following because I liked what they reblogged, most of the content producers are chill as fuck still even if they have opinions I don't agree with sometimes about character interpretation.

19. Allenna

Even if they aren't, Tailgate was working a job and considered an adult at the time of the accident that had him in sorta statius of millions of years

• Like x 3
  20. Exohedron

Yeah, that's true. Rung does need some time to right himself. It's unfortunate that when anyone else gets into that state they would go talk to Rung, but for Rung the only other therapist in the known universe is evil. At least he's surrounded by people who know how it feels to be a screw-up and have to continue doing the job anyway.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice