TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I want them to be canon. I want it so much

• Like x 1
  2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

TFWiki has a play-by-play, it's just not as awesome without the art :c if you wanna throw scans up I won't complain, but no rush! I am just bingereading while I should be sleeping again :P

edit: heart of darkness is missing too, boooooo. I wanted more cyclonus goodies!

...this is probably a sign I should actually go to bed.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

No problem at all! I'm avoiding doing actual work, so this is just fine by me

AHM 12 Dropbox

(also I'm pretty sure that heart of darkness is the miniseries with some of my least favorite art, I maybe even hate it worse than Ramondelli. Even for the love of Cyclonus, I wasn't able to properly read that one)

• Like x 2
  4. Loq

Thank you based spock for enabling my robot addiction o/

• Like x 2
  5. spockandawe

Whenever I want to whine about how much I hate this one miniseries, I always go to google and find this picture of Jhiaxus and his wonderful robot boogers

[​IMG]

And whoever drew Arcee needs to go back and try again. She's at least ten times as beautiful as this, without even trying. PLUS I've only just now noticed her Liefeld feet and now I hate this miniseries just that little bit extra. (Cyclonus is equally ugly in this series, but harder to google without actual effort)

...wow, her foot is barely wider than her nose, wtf

• Like x 6
  6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

In a way, that's comforting. No matter how frustrated I get at drawing robutts, at least I'm not fucking up as bad as this guy.

• Like x 5
  7. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

HFFFFFFFF

rodimus/drift reconciliation!!!!!

FUCKING OVERLORD!!!!!! If overlord's alive, what about Rewind I? >:0

TARN BEING A SENSITIVE LITTLE BITCH!!!

Kaon..... Nickel... "What have you done...?"

"someone who tries so very hard to be sophisticated" that plus "I saw an opportunity to hurt someone" and "I corrupted you" says roller. BORING!!!!

nautica...... who you thinkin bout girl.....

Also!! It's really interesting to get more insight into amica endurae on cybertron!!! It's basically the friendzone relationship and that's both hilarious and sad :(

Also also: velocity... My darling

Also also ALSO: I'm back in driftrod hell.

Also x4: ohhh man I'm excited for drift to meet Megatron-the-autobot >:3

Ahhh Swerve finally talking to ten like a person...!!!!

HE JUST FUCKIN. RIPPED HIS HEAD OFF..... MID-HUG...... fucking hell, just because overlord's mean to you, you start ripping off your buddy's heads???? MID-HUG????

GOD..... i'm overwhelmed.....

• Like x 7
  8. Loq

[impatiently refreshes viewcomic waiting for 52 to come up]

(if anyone has alternate viewing site, link would be appreciated)

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

how much is the delay for the definitly legal free internet sources with new issues in general?

ALSO!
    I KNOW YOU JUST MENTIONED MEGATRON/OPTIMUS IN PASSING BUT I HAD A TERRIBLE IDEA AND I MUST SHARE
    they initially fight for dominance because they have the whole history and they are constantly expected to call the shots and lead and all that but actually neither of them wants to dom they just both feel like they can't be submissive without putting up a veritable fight and actually it's just a whole lot of trying to poke the other into going full dom so that they can lie back and get taken care of. So they are actually fighting over who gets to sub but communication is for people who can admit to wanting to not-be-in-control-for-once and so they end up making it the most convuluted idiotic display of fake-dominance anyone has ever seen.

• Like x 4
  10. IvyLB

(I'm passing the time by screenshotting my favroite parts of the holiday special and so far it's Rodimus being illegally cute and That One Profile Shot Of Megatron. I think I have a problem)

• Like x 3
  11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

AAA RATCHET AND DRIFT AND DRIFT AND RODIMUS AND AAUAUAGHGH

I really loving the betrayal in Tarn, especially in contrast to Megs wanting to make up for it. Sorry! You Can't! I'm still desperate for the Dominus Ambus Is Tarn theory to be true (WHY ELSE KEEP BRINGING IT UP IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE DJD) but Roller would also make sense I guess

Also what the fuck Tarn, Kaon didn't deserve that. Though I gotta wonder if Kaon's brain is actually in his head? There's a suspicious lack of brainmatter on Overlord's chest, but that might also be me reading into things too much.

(Did Tarn's fusion blast go through the space bridge in Megs' chest????)

HELP I'M EVEN MORE HYPE THIS DIDN'T HELP ANYTHING AT ALL

• Like x 6
  12. IvyLB

I live for beautiful profile shots of Megatron.jpg
    this profile shot from the holiday special is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes upon.

• Like x 6
  13. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

oh hmy god OH MY GOD

why is Overlord there I can't handle this

edit: this is literally megatron's ex-spades fighting over him

edit: TARN WHAT THE FUCK

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    • Like x 5
  14. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

So Tarn and Overlord were obviously in a dysfunctional poly v with Decepticon Megatron where he played them off of each other to keep his loyalty to him, right?

I also liveblogged this on tumblr cause I don't wanna junk up the thread and also I want robot screaming on my blog, but imma copy-paste some of what I said because it made me so emotional. I’m pretty sure I’ve praised this comic on mental health issues before, but these moments with the Fool’s Energon almost made me cry just now. I’ve got bipolar with psychotic features, like both my parents. Growing up with the narrative that meds just “change you” and make it so you can’t be your “authentic self” was terrifying. It made it so hard as an adult to seek treatment. But these two panels just… They encapsulate the experience.

Edit: My ability to like posts is fucking up so sorry if you get a bunch of alerts from me! Also if view comic still isn't up I can probably share with y'all in about 20

• Like x 9
  15. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

I HOPE all the roller hints are a red herring because I REALLY want tarn to be dominus...

AUUGGH yes I liked the fool's energon bit..... I hate the 'medication changing you is BAD' narrative. My unmedicated self isn't my genuine self, my unmedicated self is a fucking MESS

HFFFFFFF I would KILL for rwCDrw....!!!! IMAGINE CD BEING DOUBLE TEAMED BY 2 REWINDS!!!!! 2 tiny doms.....

also also I didn't even think about the space bridge but omg I think you're right.....

• Like x 3
  16. IvyLB

me on skype:
    [15:36:37] Ivy: ohhhhhHHHHHH MY GOD 52 IS UP ON VIEWCOMICS I WILL DIE NOW

I DO NOT LIKE THAT COVER LIKE AESTHETICALLY I LOVE IT BUT NONONONONONO
    "You know Ratchet, just because I used to shoot for the other side doesn't mean I know every Decepticon ever." oh drift <3
    "Yeah but C'mon, if we can team up then anyone can" holy shit you two, stop flirting and get to whacking bad guys with weapons
    oh my god oh my god oh my god
    i fucking love kaon so much oh my god I can't this hurts
    "I've lived this long thanks to a combination of luck, fortitude and unrelenting cynicism, I'm not about to start relying on help from above." I AM SO FUCKING GLAD RATCHET IS BACK
    BLESS U RAVAGE
    "FIRE!" "But the Pet's on board!" oh my god Kaon QnQ
    hooooooly shit Tarn and Megatron convo will hurt me won't it?
    YES YES IT DOES
    "I corrupted you." "You liberated me." epic lines I will think about for the next few weeks
    oh my god Megatron looks so sad and tired it breaks my fucking heart
    Also I feel bad for Tarn WHY DO I ALWAYS END UP FEELING BAD FOR THE BAD GUYS I WANT A BREAK FROM SYMPATHETIC VILLAINS OMG
    "Look around you. Every flower represents a life you ended - A death for which you bear full responsibility. You think they're all autobots?" sometimes I wonder if I could voice act a few of my favorite emotional scenes and then I remember that most of these guys probably have super dudely voices and I'm a soprano and QuQ
    THE WAY HE LOOKS. MY FEELINGS HURT
    "I know that not long ago someone tried to kill me before I was born. And I know that I hated them less for their ambition than their failure to realize it." HOLY SHIT I AM LITERALLY CRYING OVER MEGATRON??????
    FUCK YOU TARN
    HE JUST OPENED UP TO YOU
    DON'T PUNCH HIM
    YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE
    "I just hope taht you realize - I'm doing this because I care." I hope something painful gets hurled at you Tarn :I
    "FIGHT BACK, DAMN YOU!" FUCK OFF TARN STOP BEATING MEGATRON UP
    OH MY GOD DID THE AUTOBOT BADGE FALL OFF?
    Holy shit Megatron is breaking my heart to pieces
    SWEET PRIMUS HONEY STOP SMILING LIKE YOU ARE FINE WITH BEING BEATEN TO A PULP LIKE THIS
    "... The thought of someone tempering with my mind used to terrify me. But if Prime's chemicals have kept me in line then maybe that's a good thing... I'm better like this." OH MYGOD THSI IS SUCH AN ANIME SPEACH AND I AM SO ON BOARD WITH THIS I AM HAPPY CRYING I HOPE EVERYTHING WILL TURN OUT FINE
    WHY DO YOU INSIST ON RUINING EVERYTHING FOR ME TARN?
    WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THAT GUY HERE
    holy shit are you gonna fight over who gets to kill megatron long enough that megatron can get rescued because i sure fucking hope so
    YES IT'S VERY IMPORTANT YOU ALL TELL TEN THAT HE DID A GOOD
    VELOCITY CALLED RATCHET I AM SO GLAD
    VEOCITY ACTUALLY MEANING TO CALL FIRST AID IS EVEN BETTER
    OH GOD OH GOD I AM NOT EMOTIONALLY READY FOR THIS TALK
    "Listen Drift, I-... We both know I am very good at making very bad decisions. But letting you take the blame for Overlord- Letting you go- That was more than a bad decision. That was my worst." QuQ this is FINE
    "I don't trust mysefl with words-They're too easy to manipulate. But you taught me that there are a dozen better ways to speak to someone." this is eitehr gonna be kissing or sparring and EITHER WAY I AM ALREADY HAVING WATERY EYES
    okay so Rodimus was implying the whole spectralist thing BUT IT'S STILL VERY INTIMATE AND HIS FACIAL EXPRESSION IS HURTING MY FEELINGS SO
    DRIFT'S SMILE IS MAKING ME ACTUALLY CRY
    these two nerds can't even hug WHY
    "We're gonna make it out of this. You, me, everybody. We're gonna make it. I promise." "Thank you, but that's not what your eyes are saying..." NOPE I'M WITH RODIMUS ON THIS ONE DRIFT. SHHHHHH ONLY BLIND OPTIMISM NOW.
    "At least he hasn't forgotten me." look, Tarn, Overlord? You two are talking like you are both Megs' ex-boyfriends shittalking over thanksgiving dinner and I do feel it's a tad concerning, but honestly as long as it means Megatron can be gotten out of there in time PLEASE continue your weird ass jealousy display.
    oh no
    OH NO OH GOD YOU CAN'T DO TAHT TO ME
    NO! NOT LIKE THIS
    FUCK YOU MY FEELINGS ARE FRAGILE YOU CAN'T TRAMPLE ON THEM
    wait "a lot of people" okay so this means most likely not what I feared was implied there because I am pretty sure that would destroy Nightbeat.
    THANK GOD THEY HAD THEIR LITTLE SLAPFIGHT LONG ENOUGH FOR MEGS TO GET OUTTA THERE
    !!!!
    Nautica and rewind bonding is v important to me
    "Every time he injects it takes him longer to recover. Some day he won't." NOPENOPENOPENONOONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE WILL NOT TALK ABOUT THIS I AM NOT LISTENING CD WON'T DIE FUCK OFF
    of course they'd figth over making the other use the teleporter to get the hell outta there.
    "You're both angry for the same reason? Is that logical?" "Let me know the next time you and the person you love have a logical argument." sdfghjkl
    OHHHH more relationship exposition *camps*
    "Really? On Cybertron they are totally seperate! In fact you oly opt for friend once you've ruled out sparkmate. It cna make for a very bittersweet ceremony." holy shit. That sounds so interesting?
    "Oh you know what it's like. There are certain questions you keep putting off... Until you've only got a few hours to act on the answer." HER FACE LOOKS SO SAD????? HOLY SHIT NO INTERPRETATION I CAN COME UP WITH IS SOMETHING I WOULDN'T BE PUMPED FOR IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE "YOU'LL ALL DIE IN A FEW HOURS" THING
    I love Deathsaurus' weird ass four-eyed face
    "Or will he back down the moment Megatron offers him a hug?" Overlord your fucking ass. (tho... hmmm....... now I am contemplating parallels between Rodimus and Tarn)
    Overlord you fucking DICK
    OH YM GOD TARN AND KAON HUGGING IS SO CUTE? AND NICE?
    I TAKE ALL OF THAT BACK FUCK YOU TARN
    oh no poor Nickel she looks shaken
    Tarn: "You come into my house, you question my badassery"
    Overlord: "lol"
    RODIMUS' AND RAVAGE'S FACES IN THE LAST PANEL HURT ME.
    OH MY GOD MEGS IS HOLDINGONTO THE AUTOBOT BADGE I AM NOT OKAY

• Like x 9
  17. spockandawe

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAA (all out of order because I read and drove and the chronology is taking second place to loud yelling)

Oh my god, Ravage, thank you for being slightly less of a dick than you were in the last issue. I'm still not over you doing that to Ten of all people, but thank you for the save there (also a cat operating a spaceship is way more adorable than I could have ever expected)

What happened to the turbofox after that? After what happened to Kaon (poor Kaon! :C ) I'm at least hoping the pet he loved is doing semi-okay.

And KAON, OH MY GOD, TARN. What the fuck is your damaaaaage. Well, I mean, we're seeing your damage play out on the page, but holy shit, man. And hugging him right before ripping his head off? Kaon's always been, like. Physically affectionate and handsy, that was an extra harsh way to kill him, dude :(

Also you're going to lose your team mom if you keep pulling shit like that. Nickel is hanging out with you guys because the rest of her colony got murderized, including presumably everyone she'd ever cared about. If you start killing people she loves, I doubt she is going to stand for that shit. Plus she's a medic! This is a bad decision in so many ways!

OVERLORD!! OVERLORD!!!!! Oh my god, my murderhusband is returned from the war, I AM STOKED. And he and Tarn shouuuuuuuld make out. A lot >u>

edit: I hit post before I was ready, whoops. I'm going to keep yelling in edit now

I kind of like the Tarn as Roller idea, especially given that Ratchet is hanging around now. You've got a lot of people rejecting his assumed identity of 'Tarn' in favor of the person he was before, including the guy who made him what he is today, and one of his old best friends (who never properly said goodbye to him). Plus, as Tarn, he just killed one of the team mom's kids in front of her, and Helex has said things about the team being a unit before, and I dunno exactly how Tesarus and Vos will react, but Tarn-as-Tarn is not really endearing himself to anybody with the way he's acting.

I want to knowwww what's going to happen with Overlord. Would he really be satisfied by killing Megatron in the state he's in now? It kind of parallels the state he was left in at the end of LSOTW. 'What would happen if I were to face him like this?' After all the abuse he dealt with coming from Megatron, executing the guy when he's already two thirds dead seems kind of unsatisfactory.

Also, Megatron facing more people he has personally victimized, y/y?

YOU KNOW WHAT, WHERE'S FIRST AID? Combiner Wars was over aaaaaaaaages ago, I want him back I want him back. We can have three medics on the ship again and everything will be perfect. I miss him :C

Drift and Rodimus!! Drift and Rodimus!!!!! Oh man, this was low on my Drift ship priority list, but now it's way up there. Oh my godddd, Drift, baby :( Rodimus does care, he's just really bad at confronting his fuckups, I want you guys to have happy bonding time again.

Ooooh oh oh oh oh is this setup for seeing a flashback of Chromedome and Rewind's marriage? I know JRO said we'd get to see it, but I want to see it now.

Also Chromedome still being weak from one injection that happened months ago? I'm worried. I'm worried for my baby :CCCCC And I want Rewind taking care of him, I want adorable h/c, I want all the sweetness and comfortableness of a long marriage, I want to seeeeee it.

I think Overlord survived Chromedome blowing up the chamber mainly because he has the adamantium skeleton parallel going on, but I.... kind of hope Rewind didn't survive? I mean I'm really torn. Because one, Rewind's death was super tragic and Chromedome has a lot of personal guilt over it, and getting a chance to resolve that is the kind of thing that makes me all flappy. Also Rewind/Chromedome/Rewind threesome. But also I can't see any way for that to play out that isn't super tragic. Does new Rewind ditch Chromedome because he isn't really his Chromedome? I might die of sadness, especially after he said that thing about 'Chromdome's dead, which is as good as saying *I* am'. Does one Rewind go with Dominus Ambus and one with Chromedome? But then they're each ditching a partner and they each know the other partner is out there with someone else who's basically just another version of them, and... just any way this plays out except maximum poly would make me too sad to function, and I doubt maximum poly will be a thing that happens.

Will someone please kick Ten and Megatron through the quantum doors? Ten at least? He deserves to catch a break, oh my god :(

More Drift/Ratchet sass. More Drift/Ratchet sass.

Does Nautica have a crush on someone??? Who does Nautica have a crush on??? I'm kidding, it's almost gotta be Brainstorm, doesn't it? Especially if she was thinking she had to angle through his amica quadrant to get to his conjunx. I just really want Nautica/Brainstorm to be a thing, they would be the most adorable couple. She once said that Perceptor was 'Brainstorm levels of brilliant,' she respects Brainstorm so much and enjoys him so much, and I want him to be happy in love for once, oh my god

TELL ME MORE ABOUT DIFFERENT CYBERTRONIAN ROMANTIC PARADIGMS. You can't just leave it there, I need to know it all. Slash if being amica endurae takes a ceremony, you can't just leave it there! I need to know how it goes! Is anyone on the ship pale-married? You can't leave me hanging like this, my heart can't take it.

• Like x 9
  18. IvyLB

I agree with all of this

• Like x 1
  19. spockandawe

Some of the badge business may be a bit of a callback to All Hail Megatron and Mirage. So the general gist was that somebody betrayed the Autobots to the Decepticon, and things are pretty shitty, and everyone is on edge because they don't know who did the thing. Mirage was the scout who led the Autobots on earth into a trap, plus he's said things in the past about not being 100% behind this whole war business, so he's on the receiving end of a lot of suspicion.

At one point, Ironhide is like AWRIGHT, FUCK THIS GUY and hauls him off behind a building and almost beats him to death. He says some nasty stuff about how Mirage doesn't deserve to be an Autobot, etc., and all the while, Mirage is refusing to fight back and telling Ironhide he's innocent. In the meantime, Ironhide basically pulverizes his chest and obliterates Mirage's Autobot badge. Ironhide gets caught before he kills Mirage, Mirage gets put into a CR chamber, and Ironhide realizes that he really done fucked up.

When Mirage is up and about in the morning, Ironhide tries to apologize and explain himself. Mirage is understandably just a little bit angry and unforgiving. And when he confronts Ironhide, Ironhide sees that his Autobot badge hasn't been restored. He tries to ask about it, and Mirage is like 'you told me I didn't deserve to wear it, remember?'

As far as Autobots go, Mirage is an interesting case, because he's spoken out in the past about not being certain that this four million years of total war is a good thing, plus he was really well off under the old functionist government. Plus his spotlight is a weird one. It's kind of... parallel universe-y? It's like he has dream that he's actually a traitor and betrays all the Autobots to the Decepticons, but he also has a dream that he's a loyal Autobot, and it's kind of unclear whether he's imagining things, or whether timelines might have crossed and the Mirage in the current universe didn't used to be a Decepticon who crossed over from the other universe. I'm doing a crappy job of explaining that. But check the wiki or viewcomic if it's up on there. Point is, he's one of the longstanding Autobots where the narrative really plays with questions of loyalty, and his history includes someone beating the badge off his chest.

So I'm not sure what they'd be doing with Megatron and parallels here, especially since the stakes are a lot higher and there's a lot more history going into it, but there's enough similarities that I thought I might as wel bring it up.

• Like x 3
  20. IvyLB

HOW DO I FIX MY FEELINGS? BY SHARING MY SCREENSHOTS FOR THE HOLIDAY ISSUE
    part 1, contextless beauty shots

rodimus is so cute.jpg fav background roddy.jpg
    Nautica being beautiful part one of many.jpg Nautica being beautiful part two of many.jpg
    I live for beautiful profile shots of Megatron.jpg Velocity is a bae.jpg

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice