that one really weird thing on your mind that is making you laugh your ass off

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Fucker, Sep 30, 2016.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

are the wildfires just constantly going on without ever stopping?

'cause, like, i think of wildfires as an event, not as a thing that consistently takes up a specific amount of space in america.

like, they seem very different from the other things on the map.

• Like x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Not without ever stopping, but we get them so often and so bad in California that we count as Being On Fire a lot. Basically every summer.

But yeah, that's an odd thing to include on the map...

• Informative x 3
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Don't forget that controlled burns are a thing that is done specifically to try and prevent some of the bigass forest-clearing fires that kick up. But also, like, you can technically still occupy and use land in the middle of a hurricane. Not... as much... when it's on fire...............

• Agree x 4
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Fair points both!

• Like x 1
  5. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I have a bedtime bra. A bra specifically for bedtime. The bra I wear for going to bed in.

This is a ridiculous concept and feels like an absurd luxury.

• Winner x 7
  6. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

dora standpipe from the dover boys dabs when presented with an unsavoury bar

20180804_093025.jpg

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 3
  7. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

the guy in that pic looks like a precursor to the chad from the virgin/chad meme

• Agree x 5
  8. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

but i thought we didn't start the fire. it was always burning since the world's been turning.

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

this is a land use map, so I took it to mean "this is the percentage of timberland that gets 'used up' by forest fires" not "this is the amount of land that's on fire"

• Informative x 4
  10. Sethrial MacCoill

next level conspiracy theory: I don't think flat earthers exist

• Winner x 11
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

clearly flat earthers are a conspiracy to cover up the truth of the hollow earth. /s

• Agree x 7
    • Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  12. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

0DA04B77-F0F9-43CC-991F-F0AFC7572D8E.jpeg

• Winner x 8
    • Witnessed x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 2
  13. Corb

• Agree x 10
  14. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Corn on the Corb- corn somewhat between cob and orb shapes. slightly rounder cobs

edit: the question is, is corn on the orb's kernels longer, with the same sized center, or is it just a lot of cob orb in there

• Agree x 5
  15. Lot of cob orb, I’d say.

• Agree x 5
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Webcomic declaring that the way to deal with vampires is to ask oneself "What would the French do?"
    "Surrender?"
    "No. Act really, really rude, and douse everything in garlic."

• Winner x 4
    • Informative x 1
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@ChelG in the parasol protectorate books anti-supernatural sentiment was the reason for all the garlic in pesto.

• Winner x 3
  18. Sethrial MacCoill

story time
    i'm starting a new dnd campaign in another discord with some people from work and some guys i met on the internet. we'll see how it goes, but i have medium high hopes. i gathered us together last night and talked to them a little, had them start thinking about their characters, then i went to bed and let them get to cooking up some pcs. i told them they didn't have to talk to each other if they didn't want to, and could be mysterious if they liked
    they took it to heart, because none of them have talked to each other about what they're making, and today all of them told me about their characters in PMs
    three fighters and a cleric

to which my friend replied

"but what you did not know," the mysterious stranger said, finally whipping off their cloak, revealing ARMOR and SWORDS underneath, "was that I am a fighter!!"
    "and furthermore," continued the mysterious cloaked stranger's mysterious cloaked drinking companion, "I am also a fighter!!" as she shed her cloak, she pulled out a flaming whip and cracked it menacingly
    "I see you are terribly surprised!" said the third mysterious cloaked stranger at the table. "But I am afraid I must also increase your surprise with an even more unlikely occurrence! I, too, am a fighter!" As he decloaked, he pulled a pike out of nowhere.
    Everybody in the tavern looked at the fourth mysterious cloaked stranger, who shrugged. "I'm a cleric"

• Winner x 16
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Fun with fortune tellers in the Kung Fu Panda cartoon:

• Winner x 6
  20. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

[​IMG]

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice