that one really weird thing on your mind that is making you laugh your ass off

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Fucker, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Maaaaaan, Gone Home is good stuff. I played it shortly after it came out and it’s still haunting me. Should do that again sometime. I think some people kinda waffled a bit about whether it was “true” indie because the developers were established in the industry and had worked for a big studio or something? (It’s been a few years, please forgive my imperfect details.) It was pretty clearly an indie game though. It was rather more polished in presentation than many indies, presumably because of experience at game making, and maybe also because it would have been a much safer bet than a project by a team with less of a track record, which opens innumerable doors.

Or at least parts of it were polished. The visible ones. Which I know know include far more drawers than I ever dreamed. This all is very charming information. I’ll remember next replay to bless the duct tape and string.

• Like x 2
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Some friends and I have a shared fic-verse, and one of the entries one of them did for it involves two extremely high and drunk people barging into a vet's office and demanding she turn a hamburger back into a cow.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 3
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 2
  6. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

tumblr_dd7d49d264af330c9738ff5a4d9b9b36_aa130d49_500.jpg

• Witnessed x 9
    • Winner x 1
  7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

• Winner x 4
    • Witnessed x 4
  8. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I cursed in front of my mom for the first time ever, over thanksgiving weekend. I'm 26 years old and she's never heard me swear.

The set up: We were playing a cooperative card game and starting to lose. I had two negative effects on my character. Another two and we lost. If we could clear a round and be smart about it I could get rid of both negative effects at once.

The action: We drew cards. I was forced to draw two because of one of my negative effects.

The result: I drew two more negative cards, bringing me up to four, losing the game.

The reaction:
    me: OH FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!
    mom: *gasp!*
    dad: *starts laughing.*

• Winner x 13
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

[​IMG]
    "Obrigado pelo iPad, vô"
    (Thanks for the iPad, grandpa)

Package says EYE PAD

• Winner x 4
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

The video "Man 1, Bank 0", in which Patrick Combs explains how a piece of junk mail resulted in him learning a lot about chequing laws and made him a media sensation whose job is now being a keynote speaker for customer service oriented businesses, to help them sort out how to be more human and friendly and how to avoid fucking up like his bank did.

• Winner x 5
  11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Oh my god that was amazing and hilarious

• Agree x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

upload_2019-12-3_11-13-15.png

brewer et al (2019) doing a good goof

PCR, the polymerase chain reaction, is used to amplify DNA sequences and it's often used in microbiology to amplify specific DNA sequences that are used to identify "who's there" (and in what relative quantities) in an environmental sample. Generally, PCR doesn't work well/at all for sequences that are longer than about 5000 nucleotide bases. 5000 bp is equal to 5 Kbp. So 410 Kbp is about 82x longer than a regular ass PCR run can do.

The beautiful understatement of "rather impractical" is just so choice. you gotta get the humor where you can in a scientific article. thanks Brewer et al. for making my morning

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Winner x 1
  13. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

This anecdote from a Reddit 'weird lawsuits' thread, which is both funny and informative.

• Informative x 7
    • Like x 5
  14. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  15. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

How to machining:

• Winner x 7
  16. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

“We have to be careful with the robot, cause it’s dumb, and it has no soul.”

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  17. PFFFFT

• Agree x 4
  18. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  19. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i knoooooow that feel

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  20. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

specifically, the audio version of the above text

• Winner x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice