that one really weird thing on your mind that is making you laugh your ass off

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Fucker, Sep 30, 2016.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

upload_2021-5-6_0-13-43.png

I keep giggling over this. The phrasing makes it sound like there's one hiding under my couch right now or something.

• Informative x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

chances of encountering a great white shark are low.... but Never zero

• Agree x 7
    • Useful x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

• Informative x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Asdfghjjkl

• Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  5. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

The mental image of
    someone putting a tiny skirt on their cock

• Winner x 6
    • Agree x 2
  6. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

a tutu

• Agree x 6
  7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

signal-2021-05-14-183244.jpg
    tfw you(r roommate) tries to come out to a friend and he assumes it's about a baby instead

• Winner x 5
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Comment from a mildly annoyed black man on a Hentai Foundry piece: "and trust me, winning a dick measuring contest before the pants drop is fun precisely once." I mean, not to undermine his point or anything, but I'm going to be giggling at the phrasing forever.

• Agree x 3
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I found this again!
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

85DFB96E-20F1-4E9A-967A-BAFDDF769446.jpeg
    i’ve peaked

• Like x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree x 7
  12. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i'm pretty sure the rat poison was on purpose-- people used to use strychnine as a stimulant, and it was used as a performance enhancing drug at the time. (this is, as you might imagine, a terrible idea.) anyway jon bois has a great video about that whole shitshow!

• Informative x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

The Constant also did an episode and got into the bizarre racist sideshow that Taunyane and Mashiani were there for and how much of a general circus the entire 1904 Olympics were in more detail. e.g., getting to St. Louis in 1904 was such a pain that only like 10% of the Olympic athletes were from outside North America, the judges listed several non-American gold medalists as Americans, and it took years for anything to get Taunyane's name right because they wrote it down as "Len Tau."

• Informative x 5
  14. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

There was also the Russian delegation, who, despite the Russo-Japanese war currently underway, managed to make it all the way to America, but didn't show up on the right day because Russia still used the Julian calendar.

• Informative x 7
    • Winner x 3
  15. Acey

You know, I’d seen that post before and had always kinda assumed it couldn’t get worse than detailed there. I’m beginning to think this assumption was horribly wrong.

• Agree x 3
  16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It left out the part where one guy gave up halfway through the race, hitched a ride in his support staff's car for most of the rest of the route, and then the car broke down so he ran the last few miles to the stadium and they almost gave him the gold medal because he didn't tell them because he thought it was funny, until the guy dying of strychnine stumbled in half-carried over the finish line and his staff pitched a fit. So yes, it was. :::PPP

Also, there was one water station. It was tainted and made everyone who drank from it sick.

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
  17. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

and this was ALSO on purpose, because the guy in charge wanted to prove his theory that dehydration improves athletic performance.

spoiler alert: it doesn't, and that marathon has the slowest winning time of any olympic marathon by a lot.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 3
  18. Acey

29BCF056-50E6-4529-8353-3D5A2D4CB0C4.png

• Agree x 5
  19. Acey

Apologies for the double post but this sent me
    4D3DE1C1-807B-4F9E-918A-7ADA8424D585.jpeg

• Winner x 1
  20. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

If the man taking rat poison had been given one more dose he wouldn’t have survived. The Olympics no longer allows strychnine doping.

The dust was being kicked up in no small part by the vehicles of the Olympics staff in charge of monitoring the race, I believe. More than one person collapsed due to injuries caused by excessive dust inhalation.

I think Taunyane was the one chased way, way off course by dogs, really fucking him over.

edit: In addition to having an unusually slow fastest time, this dehydration marathon also had a remarkably low percentage of participants who made it to the end of the race at all.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice