that one really weird thing on your mind that is making you laugh your ass off

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Fucker, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I did though! I let her know in three comments that her shirts are going to fall apart, and all she has to say is that she got them on a great sale. $4 each. Like... it doesn't matter how cheap you got something if you can only wear it once, imo.

Oh, she responded. "Is there a way to fix it now? Probably not" Can anyone read tone better than me? I'm seeing it as a sort of "there's nothing i can do, you don't know shit, leave it alone" sort of vibe, but I may be wrong.
    (and yes, there is a way to fix it now. applique is difficult, but it would save those shirts, and even make them look better)

• Like x 2
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I don't read it as necessarily nasty, and would definitely recommend the appliqué thing to her.

3. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

It doesn't seem super nasty to me. I think she's genuinely asking.

4. Sethrial MacCoill

I recommended applique. it turned out it was a genuine request for help and that i'm bad at reading tone through text (and in every other situation. yay asd). She doesn't have access to a sewing machine and isn't willing to buy embroidery thread to do it by hand. I don't know what to tell her at this point. I've offered to teach her and do it for her, but it's a toss up whether or not she'll take me up on that.

• Like x 5
  5. Sethrial MacCoill

So, update on the tshirt thing.
    1. It wasn't the Hannah I thought it was. It was the nice Hannah who comes to larping sometimes, not the bitchy Hannah from Nashville
    2. She genuinely did want to learn applique. She came over and I showed her the basics on a scrap piece of fabric.
    3. She brought the shirts. I'm helping her out by doing the applique because I have some free time and the skills to do it.
    4. Up close, the shirts are worse than I thought. I'm doing what I can to fix it, strategically covering up a seam here, ripping some crooked sewing there, you know the drill.
    5. I'm still laughing that she paid someone for this.

• Like x 8
  6. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Yeah, I read "Is there a way to fix it? Probably no" as a pessimistic "Gosh darn it I'm boned, aren't I?" sort of thing.

It's nice of you to do that for her!

7. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I will never get over the mcelroy brothers being completely flabbergasted by the warriors fandom and having no context whatsoever for what theyre reading

• Like x 7
  9. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

PULL THE PIGGER STRICKLET

• Like x 10
  10. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

i can't help but read thornprick as a dick joke

• Like x 2
  11. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

does anybody know where to find that thing where the McElroys do a fully SFW review of NSFW things because I can't find the link and I wish to experience that

• Like x 1
  12. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

do you mean the extreme restraints candlenights moneyzone commercial

edit: dang, ninja'd

14. Sethrial MacCoill

clickbait: THIS ONE SURPRISING BODY PART MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTISM
    me: Is it the brain? I bet it's the brain.

• Like x 12
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

also, does anyone have the textpost about the guy who got peaches to grow on a decorative tree?

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

every time i think of the company rooster teeth i get giggly because of the name

• Like x 3
  17. Sethrial MacCoill

i could hear my neighbor having sex. In return I played alvin and the chipmunks "kumbaya" at top volume. the noises mysteriously stopped...

• Like x 9
    • Winner x 1
  18. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Gunch, still

• Like x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

[​IMG]

• Like x 12
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice