that one really weird thing on your mind that is making you laugh your ass off

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Fucker, Sep 30, 2016.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

A joke that never fails to make me smile is when people take something perfectly ordinary and then give it an art gallery-esque label. The first example I saw (and I wish I could find it) was a drawing of a dick in a bathroom stall; someone else had added a little plaque to the effect of "Anonymous, Penis on Wall, 2006, ink."

• Like x 14
    • Agree x 1
  2. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    • Like x 9
  3. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

• Like x 3
  4. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

related to
    i just discovered that there is a font called Hobo Std and i'm loling about the idea of there being a skeleton with that name

• Like x 8
  5. Carrickfergus

IMG_0958.JPG

I keep randomly thinking about this and laughing like a loon since yesterday evening. I only BARELY managed not to do that in choir today. Why are Gaston song rewrites so freakin funny??????

• Like x 15
    • Agree x 1
  6. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

have I seriously gone decades on this earth casually thinking that gunpowder tea actually had gunpowder in it
    apparently it does not. :mysterysolved:?
    good job self

eta: did I seriously never think about it for more than 5 seconds up until now, no one consumes gunpowder!!! fuck.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like x 13
  7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

that is apparently a common mistake and one i find hilarious

it's only called that because of how the leaves are rolled into tight little balls

• Like x 5
  8. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I just thought it was the middle bit of the venn diagram between tea drinkers and rednecks

honestly a tiny bit disappointed that this is the world we live in.

• Like x 7
  9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

omfg that would have been great if it were true

• Like x 1
  10. budgie

@Lambda Years ago I read the Sharpe series (historical fiction in the Napoleonic wars) and I never forgot the bit about people biting open paper cartridges to load their rifles. I kind of assumed gunpowder tea tasted a bit similar.

• Like x 2
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

The perpetual fountain of mirth that is people using "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them" as a ~meaningful~ Shakespeare quote and not realizing that in the original context it was being used to mock someone who was too stupid and arrogant to realize it was mockery, and was then followed with a bunch of advice for how to "achieve greatness" which would make the victim look like a complete idiot. Which he completely fell for. While three people who were watching half-killed themselves trying not to laugh.

I can't confirm it was also a dick joke but knowing Shakespeare it was probably also a dick joke.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like x 10
    • Agree x 1
  12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

so, i go into the comments section on someone's video and lo and behold:
    IMG_1066.jpg
    this makes some sense in context but... i'm loling 'cause, well... GASTER

i'm pretty sure GASTER is a NERD

• Like x 8
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

If we stick to the font names being similar to the person's personality thing there is approximately a 100% chance anyone named frickin wing dings is a huge nerd and also very silly.

• Like x 5
  14. palindromordnilap

Okay, sulfur and potassium nitrate are probably bad for you. But what would happen if you put a tiny bit of charcoal in tea?

15. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Probably nothing except maybe it tastes kinda smokey. It's just carbon, after all.

• Like x 1
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Supposedly charcoal pills are good for various GI gripes, so depending on the amount, it might help with that.

• Like x 1
  17. palindromordnilap

Matcha with activated charcoal powder is apparently a thing in detox woo circles.

• Like x 1
  18. budgie

For smokey flavour that I can confirm is excellent, try lapsang souchong. It's like drinking a campfire.

• Like x 1
  19. Carrickfergus

These beautiful examples of creative hall passes.

I did not know hall passes were like a real thing until now, and I never imagined anything like THIS. XDDDD (I went to a teeny tiny Catholic girls' school, and before that smallish public schools. No hall passes.)

• Like x 3
  20. budgie

Apparently some crabs can swim and their technique is A+

[​IMG]

Lookit 'im go!

• Like x 15
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice