That's so SO: A Thread for Relationship Antics

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Parsley, Sep 18, 2015.

1. shmeed

shmeed plant me

my wonderful boyfriend is so incredibly patient and understanding

we have a lot of conversations at night after ive been working and my brain is a cloud of fart
    sometimes we play stuff together, sometimes we just play our own things and voice chat. like just hanging out and chillin but without the in person thing because distance

towards the end of a call, im tired as all fuuuuck, sometimes borderline incoherent
    which is how we get:

dan: im gonna head to bed.
    me: ok! have a good sleep!
    dan: you too! have a great day tomorrow!
    stardew valley, on the fucking second day of spring year 2: there are too many weeds on your farm. your plants are damaged now
    me, reading that: oh, fuck off!
    dan: uh?
    me: OH. OH NO. OH NOT YOU IM SORRY THAT WASNT TO YOU AT ALL
    dan: [cackles]

small disclaimer that we play a lot of games together and theres a tone that comes up when video games that are being Difficult, so he knew it wasnt directed at him, but thought it was a hilarious response all the same

• Winner x 2
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

1007181242_crop_664x597.jpg

My Husband Left Me A Note

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

my boyfriend and i spent this morning cuddling in bed and trying to make The Prettiest Bloodborne Hunter
    it's so nice

• Winner x 4
  4. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I sent my bf a risque picture of me topless with a cat lying on me. The cat is covering one of my nipples in a way that makes it look like the nipple is just missing.

Me: ive lost my nipple
    Me: can you come help me find it?

• Winner x 7
  5. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

You ever have those moments where you look at your SO and just have one of those 'how are you so cute?' moments?

My boyfriend got a Voltron baseball hat. (we're both fans) and I don't know why but when he put it on in a call I'm pretty sure my face turned into a tomato because that was my exact thought the second he put it on.

• Winner x 2
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My girlfriend told me that I've improved her music taste and I'm so happy that she's been enjoying the stuff I share with her?? I love making her happy so much!!

(Also can I just say that she's got like, the prettiest eyes? And her smile is so gorgeous! FUCK I LOVE HER SO MUCH)

• Winner x 4
  7. shmeed

shmeed plant me

my bf and i have complementary sleeping quirks and thank god
    he could sleep through a hurricane. if he's not fully awake and being talked to, he'll say "mm-hmm. yes. yeah." and then conk out again.
    i sleepwalk. regularly sit up, out of a dead sleep, in the middle of the night, and start rambling at him. like full-blown "hey, did i tell you about the kenyan cooking star? i've been meaning to get the lentils to make this dish she made, but i keep forgetting. also, i need to get ginger. " etc. like it's the most normal fucking thing. i'm awake enough to do that, but not awake enough to realize that i'm being a fucking weirdo.
    but! it works! because he just makes affirmative mouth sounds until i get bored/confused and fall back asleep! and i dont wake him up, and he doesn't remember it the next day. it's great.

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 1
  8. Mossflower

I just have to share this conversation we had last night

Us: Playing Guild Wars 2.
    BF: (Eating chips while playing) I'm playing one handed right now.
    Me: ...
    Me: Think about what you just said for a moment.
    BF: ...
    BF: OH MY GOD! That's not what I meant!

• Winner x 4
  9. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Bash: I like being curled around you.

Me: I like that you're curled around me but I kind of need to pee.

Bash, affectionately: I like peeing.

• Winner x 3
  10. Mossflower

So my bf came down to visit me last week so a lot of antics were had.

The sweetest was when we went to Dollywood. We were walking through when he spotted a little picture area with mistletoe hanging from it. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me up the hill to where it was saying. “I don’t care if I’m a dork for this.” Once we got under it he put his hands on my face and kissed me. It was our first and it was adorable and dorky which fit him perfectly.

• Winner x 8
  11. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Husband: Right. Got handed a couple thirty card starter decks and a small pile of random free-to-a-good-home-because-they're-bad cards. Beat Meagen's constructed deck twice. Maybe now I will stop getting hassled about M:tG.
    Me, secretly: "Ensure the new player has a positive first experience with the game" - check!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  12. Mossflower

I just keep getting new conversations to add to this thread.

While my bf was here I was talking about how my plans before we started getting serious was to get a rv, park it somewhere and live in that.
    Me: but life has a funny way of throwing a wrench in your plans.
    Bf: but I’m a good wrench right?
    Me: yes you are a good wrench.

And while on voice chat. I had walked away for a moment to get good.
    Bf: hey! Hey! Hello.
    Me: -unintelligible mumbling around food-
    Bf:I’m gonna keep going until you answer me.
    Me: I said hold on I have my mouth full I’m eating a cinnamon roll.
    Bf: You are a cinnamon roll that’s canabelism!

• Winner x 2
  13. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

my partner got me a 2lb bag of shredded cheese
    he hates seeing the terrible melted cheese concoctions I make but he got me cheese anyway because he wanted me to be happy!

• Winner x 5
  14. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I recently started dating this guy I've been friends with for about eight years, just got done with my second date with him. He has a bum shoulder that acts up every once in a while, and when that happens he needs someone to put pressure on it. That happened tonight, so I shoved my hand down the back of his shirt and worked the knot out of his shoulder.

Him: Most people usually wait until they third date before getting this handsy

Me: My dude, I've nearly killed you twice. I think we're past that.

• Like x 1
  15. Acey

26D67893-35E5-40CE-A809-3B6EA2D36296.jpeg

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. Mossflower

Wasn’t sure if I should put this here or in funny conversations but it was with my bf so this thread one.

A bit of context he was complaining about how his carpal tunnel made him drop a drink on his keyboard.

Bf: F my wrist!
    Me: I don’t think that’s possible.
    Bf: -proceeds to lose his mind for a moment-
    Bf: Mossflower no!
    Me: it was right there I couldn’t not say it.

To make it even funnier I’m about as ace as you can get and don’t like talking about sex stuff at all outside of the medical terms. But gosh darn it even I can’t pass up a dirty joke when it’s handed to me.

It caught him completely off guard to hear it coming from me and the look on his face was priceless.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

My boyfriend and I's affectionate pet names are "useless nerd" and "trash witch"
    I feel so loved

• Winner x 5
  18. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

"At a certain point, familiarity becomes indistinguishable from psychic mind beams" - Tycho Brae (the webcomic writer, not the astronomer)

Husband: *walks into kitchen, pauses in confusion* "Where was the-?"
    Me: Blue.
    Husband: *nods, walks out to garden, returns a moment later* "That wasn't the most 'psychic mind beams' moment we've had ever, but it was something."
    Me: "You walked in holding a full bin bag, presumably from the rubbish bin in your office. That would be 'general waste'. You stopped walking and looked confused, presumably because you didn't remember which of our [four, color coded] bins was for general waste. You started to ask me, so I told you it was the blue one."

• Winner x 5
  19. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Screenshot_20190710-175216.png

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  20. Acey

49713E27-F70F-4D8E-B892-C0047A955F37.png 4EBF32C8-5C9B-43F2-A536-38C4FED63880.jpeg

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice