The Bar

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

There is a bar in the quiet street you always pass on your way. It has always been there, even though yesterday that street led to a blind wall. The sign outside is too battered to read anymore, and might be watching you. You are not sure. Sometimes there is a cat sitting in front of the door. You are also not sure if it is always the same cat, though you have never seen two at the same time.

The door creaks when you open it, as if you have greatly inconvenienced it by wishing to enter, but the inside of the bar is full of warm welcoming shadows and pools of light. The dark haired man sitting near the door nods at you. There are tables of metal that look like modern art pieces next to some that give the impression someone hammered split tree trunks together. Some chairs look like they belong in a victorian home, only they are made of acrylic, not wood.

Is that a goya painting over the bar? There is a framed tour poster next to it. The bar itself is made of polished wood, the cracks and dents of which have been filled in with softly glowing, bluish resin. It matches the bartenders hair.

You look at the Menu. It simply says "Everything."

Don´t be a dick. This means don´t godmod, talk to other players before you do anything drastic that affect their characters, etc.

If you do something that would be unacceptable in a bar, expect the exact same reaction as in a real bar. I am going to say part of the magic of the bar is that inside it, no one is more powerful than the staff. Specifically, if they throw your character out, they are thrown out no matter what sort of god or demon they are. This does not mean you or they are banned from the RP.

This should be low pressure, so if you feel a huge exciting plot coming on, you are welcome to use the bar as a starting point but take it to your own thread.

Do:

Tell stories! I think it would be cool if people could, in the format if a character telling a story, post shorter stories, maybe under spoilers for length.

Post pictures! I´m gonna say the bar looks a little different to everyone, all pictures drawn of the bar are canon. But ask before you draw other peoples characters obviously.

Be goofy! This is supposed to be fun, so light fluffy convos that might hinder plot in other Rps are encouraged.

• Like x 2
  2. Kastor Auberlane

Kastor Auberlane Just Another Prick At The Door

The man at the door returns to knitting an awkward, lopsided sock. The yarn is dark and so is the bar. He spends more time picking out mistakes than making actual progress.

• Like x 4
  3. Cosmina Kastellan

Cosmina Kastellan Sergeant In Denial, Knight of Rage 18+

Mina shakes the rain off her battered cape and shoves her goggles up onto her forehead. Night vision was a wonderful thing on night time scouting missions and a terrible thing at just about any other time. She looks around. The bar had seemed familiar but she is sure she would have remembered an interior like this.

"Hallo, hyu open yet?"
    It looks fairly empty, except for the man who seems to be attempting to knit in the dark with only human vision.
    "Hyu schtring iz tengled."

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  4. Kastor Auberlane

"Yeah, that keeps happening," he says blandly, looking up with a slight smile. "Coat rack is behind me." He aims a thumb at a row of pegs on the wall, currently holding only a heavy double-caped coachman's cloak in gray wool. "Come on in and get dry."

5. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Ian pushes open the door. His hair has grown long enough that he ties it back in a teeny tiny pony-tale to keep it out of his face. He's wearing that one red and orange striped shirt he likes, and the sort of grey hoodie you can hide it. His jeans are worn to the point that the knees are nearly white. His sneakers are beat up and mostly duct tape. He pale, but not sickly so.

A few steps behind him, holding the door open a few second longer even as the door protests, is Connor. His hair is long to the point of being ridiculous, with the sort of texture that makes you expect birds to fly out of it. It is purple. His skin is dark, his eyes are blue and he's wearing a long skirt that looks like it would be at home many decades in the past. He has glasses.

The two of them smile at each other and greet the man at the front.

"Hello!" Ian says.

Will make subacounts when I get good images

6. Cosmina Kastellan

Mina hangs her cape and after a moments hesitation her quarterstaff. It´s not as if she could use it in here anyway.

"Hallo!" She waves at the oddly dressed newcomers while hunting for a chair that can acommodate her tail. Eventually she just turns one backwards and plops at a table near the door.
    "Hyu iz tourists?"

7. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Ian shrugs and says "We've been looking for a place to be outside the world for a while and we found this place."
    He looks around "it's very nice. My name is Ian"
    His voice is somewhat high for a twenty something boy.

8. Kastor Auberlane

The doorman nods. "It's outside a lot of worlds, far as I can tell. I'm Kastor." He sets his doomed knitting project aside and offers a handshake.

9. Cosmina Kastellan

Mina frowns. This is beginning to sound...strange.
    "Hy´m Mina, und hy chust vanted a drink." She shrugs one spiky shoulder.

10. Kastor Auberlane

Kastor nods in the direction of the bartender. "There's no waitstaff, it's order-at-the-bar."

11. Berit Suranavellan

Berit Suranavellan grin and berit | 18+

Berit had thought she was finally through with getting lost in Skyhold. At the very least (she thinks, squinting at the front of the offending building), she knew she could find her way to the Herald's Rest, and consequently a drink.

Apparently not.

She's about to turn around and head back to familiar territory when she reconsiders. The sign, unreadably battered though it may be, looks like a tavern sign. Maybe the Maker has intervened on her behalf - she's not really in the mood for Bull being cheerfully boisterous at her. Maybe she'll be lucky and there will be no one in the possibly-a-tavern to gawk at her. She steps through the door, and blinks until her eyes adjust to the darkness.

• Like x 1
  12. Riya and Remi

Riya and Remi If you'd like a show you can follow the ashes 18+

Riya picks her head up at that and waves. "I can make anything. Comes with the territory- if you try to come up with something that doesn't exist just to stump me I'll make it. And then you'll have to drink it." She has a playful laugh and trickster's eyes, an arterial-spray red jacket open to show a lacework of scars across her abdomen. Next to her Remiel- a little boy just tall enough to see over the bar with some effort, with olive skin and sandy hair- pops his head up and waves at Kastor.

• Like x 1
  13. Berit Suranavellan

Berit Suranavellan grin and berit | 18+

Berit catches the tail end of Riya's pronouncement as she heads towards the bar, and her brows draw together in a confused frown. But she perches on a barstool, and when she looks up at Rita her expression has smoothed out into a faint blank smile. "Could I have a beer?"

(subaccounts are hard)

14. Cosmina Kastellan

Mina grins and wanders over to the bar. "Hoy ken hyu mek a Black Heterodyne?"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  15. Riya and Remi

"Not looking for anything fancy, I'm guessing?" Riya nods to Berit, getting out a mug and filling it from one of the kegs behind her in between getting out ingredients for Mina's Black Heterodyne. She hands the beer over before getting to the actual mixing and taps the bar when done to get Mina's attention. "There should be a chair for you somewhere, too, unless the bar's being an ass." Her knuckles rap against the wood a few times, but if she were expecting something to happen it doesn't.

16. Kastor Auberlane

Kastor waves back at Remiel; just a little finger-waggle, but his eyes crinkle with a genuine smile. He hasn't brought his son Charis to work today, but he does so often enough to feel a little paternal to Remiel just for being his kid's friend.

17. Cosmina Kastellan

"Thenks. Hyu bar haz opinionz?" Mina does not seem as taken aback by this statement as one might expect. The drink...smells like an honest to gears Black Heterodyne. Huh. Better not get thrown out of this place.

18. Riya and Remi

"It's less 'my bar' and I'm more 'it's bartender,' far as I can tell." Riya shrugs. "I don't know if it's sapient or sentient or just plain magic, but usually it adapts to the folk that come in. If the 500 pound ox demigod that came in last week could find a chair you should be able to. Only guess is it has a sense of humor."

19. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

Riaa pushed the door open, her eight legs tapping almost soundlessly on the wood floor. She'd been, well, not quite looking forward to visiting Chel, but the city finally looked to be recovering (Sharess only knew how long that would last.) For now, she just hoped this place had good food.

She glanced around, her eyes widening slightly as she noticed the patrons. Humans, and a vanir, and a - jägermonster? Oh, so it was one of those restaurants. Well, that would simplify things. She nodded at the other patrons in greeting.

Riaa is a drider. Her skin and hair are more or less from the same palette as all these guys, and she has eight eyes (the sclera are pale blue, and her irises are normal blue, are you noticing a pattern.)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  20. Kastor Auberlane

Kastor stares at the spider lady for several long seconds, blinking as if to make sure he's actually seeing what he's seeing. Then he gathers himself by an act of will, clears his throat, and welcomes her properly. "Sorry about the staring, haven't seen anyone like you before. Come on in, coat rack's behind me." He's looking forward to finding out what kind of chair the bar comes up with for her.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice