The Bar

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Nacre

Nacre the Pearlsmith

"Oh, definitely a different kind, then. Most of my Pearls are about my own height, but of course it depends on-"
    Thanks to whatever strange force causes Homeworld Gems, Fereldan elves, and Jägerkin to be able to communicate at all, Nacre isn't having trouble with the accent, but the concept of what "vimmins luff" is a little opaque to her. She does completely understand "pretty", though, and if anything can get Nacre to talk about something other than perliculture it's compliments. "Of course, I should have said it earlier- I'm Nacre. She said you were a Frigg?"

• Like x 1
  2. Cosmina Kastellan

Cosmina Kastellan Sergeant In Denial, Knight of Rage 18+

"As tall as hyu?" Mina frowns "Iz hyu mekink statues out of giant pearlz?"

3. Nacre

Nacre the Pearlsmith

"That's hardly giant." Nacre sighs, a little theatrically, at the continued misunderstanding. "The Pearls I'm talking about are Gems not entirely unlike me, but made for a different purpose."

4. Berit Suranavellan

Berit Suranavellan grin and berit | 18+

"Reforming ancient orders, rebuilding cities, being appointed Divine..." She makes a face. "I shouldn't complain. Everyone has more time now that sinister forces aren't attempting to destroy the world. What's the Overpower?"

5. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

Riaa waved her hand. "Oh, the Ironic Overpower. And - what, are you being elected to be your universe's Holy Mother? Or whatever it is."

6. Cosmina Kastellan

"Vait, hyu iz a gem? becawze vere hy iz from gem iz much smaller den hyu und don´t tok. Zo dere must be a deeferent kind ov gem und a deeferent kind ov pearls where hyu iz from."

7. Berit Suranavellan

Berit shakes her head. "No, not me, thank the Maker. I'm not nearly devout enough. The future Divine Victoria is my ... ah. Friend?"

8. Nacre

Nacre the Pearlsmith

"I'm quite certain of that. So few of the Gems I know ever stop talking." And those are mostly the Pearls, for that matter.

...Nacre mostly meets the kind of self-important Gems who want a custom-made servant.

9. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"Well, at least it's someone you know? The newest Holy Mother in my home city's some newcomer fluff of a seer. At least she's not going to send templars to try and purge the city, probably," Riaa sighed. "Big on Sharess' mercy and forgiveness and such."

10. Cosmina Kastellan

That makes Mina laugh. "Hy know a few jägerkin like dot. Zo, een hyu place vot IZ a pearl ennyvey?"

11. Cosmina Kastellan

"Ho a borink vun den. Der masters haff not been liking the varz moch lately eidder, bot der verz like dem zo dot´s hokeh." Mina grins like a well stocked knife drawer.

12. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"She's not my boss. Only one in the city I have to answer to is Waes'soloth. And believe me, there's more than enough violent clan leaders back home to make up for that girl. The mercenary wolf queen who can't manage to keep her massive army in line, the old empress' baby daughter who finally figured out that she wasn't going to win in urban warfare, the old empress' other daughter who'd see everyone rot and dance on the corpses - and considering that the fluff's predecessor dropped the Dutan'vir's ancestral fortress on the districts she might have to make some kind of show of force to stay in control." Riaa shook her head. "Honestly I'd rather sit back and watch everything fall apart, but most of the clans now don't like the Beldrobbaen, and they're the only ones who ever gave my people a fair chance." She took a drink.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  13. Cosmina Kastellan

"Ya, hy know about dot. Most pipple deedn´t like der jägerkin moch ven der old master veneeshed, und mitout der Baron tekking most ov us een ve might not have made eet."

14. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"Mm. Most people mix us driders up with the Jaal'darya creations that couldn't string two thoughts together, or they're blaming us for our ancestors going mad. Never mind that our ancestors had all been respected and valued warriors who only went mad because no one in the city could be bothered to treat them with basic decency, and that all of us who were born naturally after that are as sane as the next elf," Riaa grumbled. "Well, the next elf is still from Chel so sanity isn't required."

15. Cosmina Kastellan

"Hy don´t zee vot dey iz mekkink such a fuss about. Der Masterz iz all mad und dey deed chust fine."

• Like x 1
  16. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"Things work differently in Europa, I think," Riaa said thoughtfully. "Besides, you were working for the biggest monsters. It's a different matter when you're on the other side."

17. Nacre

Nacre the Pearlsmith

Nacre collapses her screen, since it seems she's going to be chatting rather than sketching for a while. "They're servants to particularly important Gems. Only Diamonds, originally, but then they granted them to so many of their favorites- I've even grown a few for especially successful Quartzes."

18. Berit Suranavellan

"Leliana - Victoria - talks a lot about mercy and forgiveness too," says Berit, all false brightness. Immediately, she regrets saying it, and retreats to listen for a while.

"I'm impressed," she says eventually. "Your clans sound like even more of a mess than the Dalish. You have Templars, as well?"

19. Cosmina Kastellan

"Yaz, ve found dot out ven dey vaneeshed."
    "Zo, sum kind ov construct den. Iz hyu a schpark? Hy haff neffer met a construct vot iz a schpark."

20. Nacre

Nacre the Pearlsmith

"...I'm a Gem." She doesn't ask what a Spark is, but the flat incomprehension in her voice and face do a pretty good job of that for her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice