The Bar

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Cosmina Kastellan

Cosmina Kastellan Sergeant In Denial, Knight of Rage 18+

"Only ven derez nottink else. Or hyu need to know sumtink quvickly, den you threaten to eet sumvun."

2. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

“Well, we all say funny things when we’re threatening people.”

• Winner x 1
  3. Almera Phaeton

Almera Phaeton Agent on the Apsara

Almera blinked. "You don't - well, OK. The Dimensional Sea is the space between worlds, more or less. All universes and worlds float within it, like islands on the ocean, if you could move on the ocean in three dimensions instead of two. Anyways, while a given universe might not have that many inhabitable planets, the same region of dimensional space might have many. So moving through the Sea is much better than just trying to travel in realspace, you see?" she asked.

4. Leah Liddell

Leah Liddell New Member

"Ugh. Who knows? Could be none, could be all, could be like, half?"
    "Yeah, it sounds really interesting. Have you found anything really cool?"
    For fuck's sake, she sounded like a little kid. Yay, storytime! But, this all was really, really interesting...

• Like x 1
  5. Almera Phaeton

"Well, I'm actually working on an investigative ship, not an explorative one," Almera said. "So my job is to hunt down criminals and such. But sometimes we find artifacts from the previous age, that always makes things - uh, fun."

6. Nat Richards

Nat Richards Aisling; currently only visible in WT

"It's just tiring. We weren't even alive back then but they're still punishing us for it now. I don't want to rule over people. I just want to be a person."

7. Leah Liddell

Leah Liddell New Member

"You're an interdimensional police officer? And what sort of artifacts?"

"...yeah, that sounds awful."

8. Berit Suranavellan

Berit Suranavellan grin and berit | 18+

"Do you eat people and have poisonous blood? Emerge from underground led by a demon in the form of a corrupted dragon to take over the world, capture women and turn them into grotesque abominations, et cetera? If not, you're probably safe from me."

9. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

“’Poisonous’ is overstating it, but I wouldn’t eat me anyway. There’s a myth that khetten emerged from underground but I can’t say I’ve ever heard of demons being involved,” Katters says.

10. Nacre

Nacre the Pearlsmith

Whatever that's supposed to accomplish, Nacre doesn't actually need it. She's just. Kind of shocked. "They make Qua- soldiers- out of people who aren't? You're very calm about something so terrible."

11. Almera Phaeton

Almera nodded cheerfully and waved her hand. In front of her, a holographic screen appeared in front of her hand. The writing on it looked vaguely like English, albeit with a variety of odd lines intersecting the words. "Yep, it'll be three years on the Apsara in a few months. If everything goes well, I'm going to try and get assigned to some good Enforcer, so I don't have to just be a grunt worker. And artifacts -" she paused in thought. "Well, they're Lost Logia, from the Warring Ages or even as far back as Al-Hazard. Just - anything that's really old and works in some way that we can't figure out. Really absurdly complex spellwork in some system that no one uses any more. If they fall into the wrong hands, they can cause a lot of trouble, even if they're just Al-Hazardian power cells. Like - a few months back, we were trying to track down these people digging on an officially-blocked off world, because it was only cleared for archaeologists and such, and so people will pay through the nose to get some ancient bit of wall or whatever. Anyways, we're getting up to their campsite, getting some ridiculous readings from control, and then we find out that the idiots unearthed the power core of a Praovéan war kaiju and it was still working."

12. Cosmina Kastellan

"Hy do haf venom but der Masters izn´t makink mit der conquerink moch ennymore."

13. Cosmina Kastellan

"Vot do hyu tink pipple iz born soldiers? Vell, sum ov der construct sort ov are but most pipple izn´t."

14. Leah Liddell

Leah Liddell New Member

"I'm guessing that's a very bad thing. Like, explosions bad, or things trying to kill you bad?"
    Leah wasn't totally sure what she was talking about, but she had the gist of it. Probably.

15. Almera Phaeton

"Well, luckily the rest of the thing was still buried, but they set off all of the automatic defenses," Almera said. "Minidrones, firing platforms, all of that mess. Still, we managed to seal it and arrest all of the smugglers. Got a commendation for it, too!"

16. Leah Liddell

Leah Liddell New Member

"Wow. That's awesome."
    As she said that, she felt her phone buzz and winced. Jake had probably noticed she was gone now.

17. Almera Phaeton

"Heh, well, it all turned at well." Almera noticed Leah's wince. "Are you OK?"

18. Leah Liddell

Leah Liddell New Member

Leah flinched. Just a little bit.
    "Yeah, I'm...I'm fine. My older brother's just asking where I am, that's all."

19. Almera Phaeton

Almera's eyebrows lowered slightly. "Your brother?" she asked, keeping her voice calm.

20. Berit Suranavellan

Berit Suranavellan grin and berit | 18+

"To be honest, most of my issue with darkspawn is because of the constant, indiscriminate murder, which is not a problem you two seem to have."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice